X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck the jocks

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

Me too. I'm sure all the Taffs will be cheering for Scotland.
      You've let me down Knocker

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

You've let me down Knocker
        Always want Wales, Scotland and Ireland to lose, because to a man they want the same for England. Fair's fair.

Comment

I'm from Wales, chose QPR as my team and have always supported all home nations teams after Wales.

Banter apart, Wales is not as anti-England as the Jocks and like me many work in England. Protestant NI support England and Catholic NI Ireland.

This anti-English is there but not to the majority where we want you to lose. Many Welsh support English teams, its banter.

I have never watched an England game in Wales and seen Welsh people jumping around when the other team scored. Apart from Italy, loads of them with Italian heritage in Wales!!

Protestant Jocks are more likely to support England than their Celtic brothers!

You English bros need to feel the love!
          Last edited by SheepRanger; 16-06-2021, 11:43 PM.

Comment

I have Italian heritage so Italy is always my 2nd international team. I don't mind seeing Scotland, Wales & Ireland doing well though.
            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

I'm a massive fan of Italian red wine, so always have a soft spot for them!

Comment

For me it goes like this.....QPR, Malaga, England, Spain, team GB then Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  I'm from Wales, chose QPR as my team and have always supported all home nations teams after Wales.

Banter apart, Wales is not as anti-England as the Jocks and like me many work in England. Protestant NI support England and Catholic NI Ireland.

This anti-English is there but not to the majority where we want you to lose. Many Welsh support English teams, its banter.

I have never watched an England game in Wales and seen Welsh people jumping around when the other team scored. Apart from Italy, loads of them with Italian heritage in Wales!!

Protestant Jocks are more likely to support England than their Celtic brothers!

You English bros need to feel the love!
                  Certainty not my experience. Watched England play on numerous occasions whilst on holidays abroad in bars with fans from the other home nations and it's more than banter. Bordering on nastiness. Never been to Scotland but remember going to Wales years ago and not being very welcome. Never again. Not to mention numerous trips to Cardiff and Swansea watching rangers. In and out as soon as possible.

Comment

Certainty not my experience. Watched England play on numerous occasions whilst on holidays abroad in bars with fans from the other home nations and it's more than banter. Bordering on nastiness. Never been to Scotland but remember going to Wales years ago and not being very welcome. Never again. Not to mention numerous trips to Cardiff and Swansea watching rangers. In and out as soon as possible.
                    I lived in Gwynedd, where Welsh is used as a 1st language for 4 months for work. I never had any issues and nothing but friendliness, in regards to football and just in general.

My pa used to have an anecdote "go to a pub in the north of Scotland, they are all speaking English, but switch to gaelic when they realise your English, go to a pub in north Wales they are all speaking Welsh but switch to English when they hear who you are"

I definitely found people to be friendly and never got grief for being English. Maybe they are nastier in the south but I've never spent more than a couple of days there. And Cardiff/Swansea fans are notorious bellends you can't judge the whole lot by them.

Comment

Originally posted by BusRider View Post

I lived in Gwynedd, where Welsh is used as a 1st language for 4 months for work. I never had any issues and nothing but friendliness, in regards to football and just in general.

My pa used to have an anecdote "go to a pub in the north of Scotland, they are all speaking English, but switch to gaelic when they realise your English, go to a pub in north Wales they are all speaking Welsh but switch to English when they hear who you are"

I definitely found people to be friendly and never got grief for being English. Maybe they are nastier in the south but I've never spent more than a couple of days there. And Cardiff/Swansea fans are notorious bellends you can't judge the whole lot by them.
                      Are they still burning down English owned homes in Wales?

Comment

Had to Google that and apparently they stopped doing that in the mid 90s

Comment

That was done by extremists and every country has those. Outsiders buying second homes that pushes up prices that excludes locals also applies in Cornwall etc.

There are so many Welsh living in England and vice versa and I dont think its wide spread. You can't judge the overall view from hard core valley numpties who support Swansea and Cardiff. But i do come from Pembrokeshire which is not a Welsh speaking area and is known as 'Little England Upon Wales". I receive a bit of English digs from my fellow man even though I'm fully Welsh myself. Not a proper Welshman!!

Comment

That reminds me I must get a gallon of fourstar

Comment

Well did you see the price of petrol back then?!!

Comment

Dad is Welsh and we had a 8 berth caravan near Llanelli. Some bird who pulled me took me to the local social club, place was full of beefy rugby players and in the corner 2 of em were having a set to biff, bang, wallop they were going with bloody noses and split lips and nobody taking a interest in them.
                                The bar went quite when I came which stopped the fight.
                                Tell you what I had one of the best nights out ever with everyone buying me pints.
                                Great bunch of lads.

Comment

Working...
                                X