Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Tbh fox plan A only lasted 2 mins.
    we should've gone at them, but no the manager sat back same as he did in the world cup
    Ultimately he's not learnt anything from the world cup, proactive/reactive Mancini was proactive whilst Southgate wasn't reactive to when the game was taken away from us. Kane ended up CM Sterling never got in the game whilst grealish replaced a very poor Mount way to late.

Im not convinced he has the big game experience that most international mangers have or ever will have.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Ultimately he's not learnt anything from the world cup, proactive/reactive Mancini was proactive whilst Southgate wasn't reactive to when the game was taken away from us. Kane ended up CM Sterling never got in the game whilst grealish replaced a very poor Mount way to late.

Im not convinced he has the big game experience that most international mangers have or ever will have.
      Agree mate, I never really noticed Kane till the pens.
      Grealish just made things happen, but was never used enough and certainly not in the final

Comment

• Southgate is like the devil. He hasn't tricked us into believing he doesn't exist though, he's managed to trick the media into thinking he's a good manager instead. There are some quarters suggesting he should be knighted FFS! I'd lock him up in the Tower - he's a menace.

Comment

Nah I must admit weare was right Stan.
          I seriously wouldn't want to upset you mate.
          I just always pictured you as old school like most of us on here, so booing wouldn't have bothered you.
          Anyway I'll stfu
          ​​​​​​
          In fairness when I took my young boy to one of the Chelsea game and I (along with the entire Rs part of Loftus Rd) had been giving stick to John Terry for 60 minutes, my son eventually turned to me and said "dad, what does 'scum' mean?" Sometimes you have to explain the facts of life...

Comment

Agree mate, I never really noticed Kane till the pens.
            Grealish just made things happen, but was never used enough and certainly not in the final
            One stat was that Kane didn't have a single touch the entire 120 mins in the 18 yard box. Mount did absolutely nothing but stayed on till almost last knockings. It was obvious to a blind man at the start of extra time we were well overdue some subs but he left it way too late. Nothing worse than losing a match without giving it a real go. Sitting back like that, think it was fairly obvious to everyone how that was going to end. Obvs they are a v gd side and its easy to be an armchair pundit -not expecting to boss a game against Italy for 90 mins - but think most genuine England fans would rather have gone down fighting in real time with Grealish etc on the pitch than going out in a wimper on pens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              Southgate is like the devil. He hasn't tricked us into believing he doesn't exist though, he's managed to trick the media into thinking he's a good manager instead. There are some quarters suggesting he should be knighted FFS! I'd lock him up in the Tower - he's a menace.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

In fairness when I took my young boy to one of the Chelsea game and I (along with the entire Rs part of Loftus Rd) had been giving stick to John Terry for 60 minutes, my son eventually turned to me and said "dad, what does 'scum' mean?" Sometimes you have to explain the facts of life...

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

One stat was that Kane didn't have a single touch the entire 120 mins in the 18 yard box. Mount did absolutely nothing but stayed on till almost last knockings. It was obvious to a blind man at the start of extra time we were well overdue some subs but he left it way too late. Nothing worse than losing a match without giving it a real go. Sitting back like that, think it was fairly obvious to everyone how that was going to end. Obvs they are a v gd side and its easy to be an armchair pundit -not expecting to boss a game against Italy for 90 mins - but think most genuine England fans would rather have gone down fighting in real time with Grealish etc on the pitch than going out in a wimper on pens.
                  Every word Stan, agree every word

Comment

• Yeah this one was hard to watch as well. A lot of people were really shocked about it but the danes sure did give their best to win in their games. Look at how far they have come in the contest as well. You have to give them credit too.

Comment

Working...
                    X