Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72bus
    replied
    I would like the millers to stay up as I look at it as 6 points for us ,as we should be beating them home and away if we're looking to improve next season . Not a lover of Wednesday because if their cheap shots when we got promoted their ( bristol city goals on their score board) to cheers of their fans . Never liked rooney all that money and bothering grannies

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
    The striker led with his arm and made contact with the keeper before he made contact with the ball. A foul all day for me.
    Agree. That would have been deemed a foul 98 times out of 100.

As for who goes down, poetic justice would send both 'ground sellers' down.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
    The striker led with his arm and made contact with the keeper before he made contact with the ball. A foul all day for me.
    Just enlarged the video and yeah, you may be right. The striker also looked back half expecting it to be disallowed. Difficult in real time for the ref to judge.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Rooney has always been a nasty, thick as a brick, barsteward. Exceptional for the first half of his playing career and bang average for a number of years before sharp decline. Has lived off the first part of his playing career for years now and almost certainly got the Derby manager job due to profile rather than anything else.

Apart from beating us has been very poor and now an Ollie style 6 game losing run when they need to be picking up points. I doubt they will but hopefully they will get rid in the summer.

Oh and remember to lock up your grannies if he is back in town next season!
    Like most white ex-England internationals he'll get a few jobs and then do the match commentary circuit. These lads must deem these managerial jobs as the final pay day.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Rooney has always been a nasty, thick as a brick, barsteward. Exceptional for the first half of his playing career and bang average for a number of years before sharp decline. Has lived off the first part of his playing career for years now and almost certainly got the Derby manager job due to profile rather than anything else.

Apart from beating us has been very poor and now an Ollie style 6 game losing run when they need to be picking up points. I doubt they will but hopefully they will get rid in the summer.

Oh and remember to lock up your grannies if he is back in town next season!

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Not sure, but I tend to disagree. The attacker did not take the ball out of the keeper's hands. At the time of the collision the ball was still to be won. Both players went for it and I see that as very weak keeping. He wasnt strong enough and flapped at it. How many times have we heard keepers get too much protection??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z3rzjPVGgpA
    Yeah but it's a bit weird that arm brushing the ball is goal disallowed but arm smashing opponents face is okay? It's about consistency really - you cant have refs randomly deciding it's a "man's game" after calling a foul every time a player is brushed by a finger for the previous 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    The permutations hurt my brain but I believe 2pts from their remaining 2 games will see Rotherham safe. Interestingly, if Luton beat Rotherham on Tuesday and beat us next Saturday they will finish above us in the league..... I suppose it will be mildly interesting to have something riding on the game.

Anyway, back to the thread - I feel that Wednesday's and Derby's outrageous antics "selling" their stadiums to themselves trumps Rotherham's covid infractions and natural justice would be served if Owls and Rams were relegated. Added angst for Owls with fact the 6pt deduction is wot done for them is quite nice too!

Leave a comment:

• supahupa10101
    replied
    I hope Rotherham and Derby go down. Rotherham couldn't control their players and teach them what social distancing meant, because they kept getting Covid and getting games cancelled.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by gator View Post

This would be ideal for the reasons you give, I really hate Derby and Shef Wed has cheated as well, Rotherham can put a smile on my face!
    Not sure, but I tend to disagree. The attacker did not take the ball out of the keeper's hands. At the time of the collision the ball was still to be won. Both players went for it and I see that as very weak keeping. He wasnt strong enough and flapped at it. How many times have we heard keepers get too much protection??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z3rzjPVGgpA

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Derby v Wednesday next Saturday. A Wednesday win sees Derby definitely relegated.

​​​​​​Other permutuations and who joins them is clouded as Rotherham have two to play (Luton and Cardiff). Wycombe are not mathematically gone but their goal difference means they need a cricket score.

I feel slightly sorry for Rotherham as the goal Barnsley got last week in their 1-0 defeat was outrageous... goalie was wiped out with a forearm smash that knocked him out, requiring 5 mins of treatment before being subbed. Idiot ref did not deem it a foul though????
    I have to agree. I watched it live and could instantly see it was a foul on the keeper. I was astounded when the goal was given.

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Hopefully Wed will beat Derby and both will go down on goal difference if Rotherham can get one more win.

Wed and Derby have taken the p1$$ out of FFP so it's only right that they go down. They've been at it for years. At least we have done the right thing whilst in the championship and done our best whilst being saddled with those crazy premiership contracts that were handed out.
    This would be ideal for the reasons you give, I really hate Derby and Shef Wed has cheated as well, Rotherham can put a smile on my face!

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Derby's Tom Lawrence would be a great signing for us on the left wing. Only one year left on his contract, but probably too expensive for us though.....?

Update- Just checked and he's on £30k a week!!!
    Last edited by SheepRanger; 01-05-2021, 09:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Hopefully Wed will beat Derby and both will go down on goal difference if Rotherham can get one more win.

Wed and Derby have taken the p1$$ out of FFP so it's only right that they go down. They've been at it for years. At least we have done the right thing whilst in the championship and done our best whilst being saddled with those crazy premiership contracts that were handed out.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    started a topic Derby - Rotherham - Wednesday dogfight

Derby - Rotherham - Wednesday dogfight

Derby v Wednesday next Saturday. A Wednesday win sees Derby definitely relegated.

​​​​​​Other permutuations and who joins them is clouded as Rotherham have two to play (Luton and Cardiff). Wycombe are not mathematically gone but their goal difference means they need a cricket score.

I feel slightly sorry for Rotherham as the goal Barnsley got last week in their 1-0 defeat was outrageous... goalie was wiped out with a forearm smash that knocked him out, requiring 5 mins of treatment before being subbed. Idiot ref did not deem it a foul though????

Working...
X