Derby - Rotherham - Wednesday dogfight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    The one team that deserves to stay up are Wycombe.
    They have shown great form, guts and determination
    The one team that deserves to go down is Derby, they have gotten away with cheating for years and I can't stand this club and their arrogant fans!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Thing that gets me is media lauding Shrek like some kind of hero. He took them over when they were not in trouble, one point in last seven games and only stayed up with a late goal and Bardiff scoring having conceded three at home against about the only team below them. How bad does he have to be?

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

The one team that deserves to go down is Derby, they have gotten away with cheating for years and I can't stand this club and their arrogant fans!
        Yep 100%
        I have, ever since the playoff final build up, developed a real hatred of those arrogant sheep.
        Their attitude towards us was so dismissive.
        I know that our supporters would never ever write off another club like that, simply because we know what happened to them could very easily happen to us and does regularly.

Comment

ok i got confused with derby as i thought issues were with mel morris ( chairman) selling/buying ground in a "dodgy" deal, but it is about players wrongly "valued"? anyway if rules broke a decision should be made asap , remember the calls to throw us out when we went up?? many baying for blood, sheff weds had their punishment and brum too, lootown got slaughtered so why dither over derby? for me, settle it in a duel" one off match wycombe v derby, neutral ground, winner stya up!

Comment

Derby will start next season on minus 6pts kust like Wed ultimately got and that will be it.

There's a TV deal in place and 'the product' is better with Wayne Rooney's Derby in it than Gareth Ainsworth's Wycombe. You can forget Derby going down this season, but hopefully next!

Comment

They will brush it under the carpet they have already said there is no rush for a decision, hope Rotherham take them to the cleaners.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                They will brush it under the carpet they have already said there is no rush for a decision, hope Rotherham take them to the cleaners.
                It would be Wycombe who benefit not the millers
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Yep 100%
                  I have, ever since the playoff final build up, developed a real hatred of those arrogant sheep.
                  Their attitude towards us was so dismissive.
                  I know that our supporters would never ever write off another club like that, simply because we know what happened to them could very easily happen to us and does regularly.
                  It was the Play Off Final that did it for me, met a couple of their fans in a pub in W12 the night before the match they said it should be a good close match with them winning 3-1, we gave back 1/3 of our ticket allotment because we couldn't sell them and one of their part owners was American not Canadian, it wasn't just a wind up they were adamant about these false claims! I was able to shut them up by asking how the last time they were in the EPL went, it was great seeing the half empty stands after we stunned them with a late winner playing with 10 men! It wasn't over because when we returned to our hotel a drunken Derby yob tried to start a fight with my mate who also flew over from Canada, being the peacemaker I am I diffused the situation but after discussing it with him it turned out he had a black belt in martial arts, I should have stepped aside!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Maybe someone who knows the stats better can correct me, but I am racking my brains to think of any other championship club that has spent as much as Derby over the last 10 years and FAILED to get promoted. I know they have done the selling stadium back to themselves trick, and other tricks, but surely it has to catch up to them eventually?

Comment

Originally posted by BusRider View Post
                      Maybe someone who knows the stats better can correct me, but I am racking my brains to think of any other championship club that has spent as much as Derby over the last 10 years and FAILED to get promoted. I know they have done the selling stadium back to themselves trick, and other tricks, but surely it has to catch up to them eventually?
                      I would say Forest, they’ve got so many players on their books

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

I would say Forest, they’ve got so many players on their books
                        But that's the point. In the ludicrous way football accounting works they class players as assets - loads of players = loads of assets on the +side of the balance sheet. I'm not sure why all clubs don't have 1000s of players on the books in developmental squads to be honest.
                        I blame the EFL though - It can't be that hard to come up with a simple, enforceable, transparent financial framework that must be adhered to?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

But that's the point. In the ludicrous way football accounting works they class players as assets - loads of players = loads of assets on the +side of the balance sheet. I'm not sure why all clubs don't have 1000s of players on the books in developmental squads to be honest.
                          I blame the EFL though - It can't be that hard to come up with a simple, enforceable, transparent financial framework that must be adhered to?
                          I thought players could not be classed as assets from an accountancy perspective since the Bosman ruling.

They can only be classed a income from received transfer fees and deductions due to salary. But a contracted player has no value because they could run down the contract and leave as a free agent.

Comment

I thought the transfer fee paid for a player was recorded in the books as an asset, and that this is written down over the course of their contract.

If they are sold during their contract, the remaining value on the books is charged as a cost, but the transfer proceeds are treated as income. The net figure is either a profit or loss for "FFP" purposes.

I don't know if a club can anticipate future sale proceeds of players will be higher than their written down transfer fee and then revalue the player by adding back previously written off costs , so increasing profits.

Comment

Working...
                            X