No announcement yet.

Charlie charged by fa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We still have hopefully 3 of the 4 loans to play tomorrow so fingers crossed

Comment

I don’t think our lack of goals this season is purely down to having bad Strikers ,I would say we lack another consistent creative player to provide more clear cut chances.
      Many if not all of Austin’s goals if analysed are the result of his clever movement and good technique that have produced a goal ,I don’t remember him being presented with many gimme type chances.
      An awful lot of service played into our Strikers have either been too slow going in or inaccurate resulting in frustration and a tendency to snatch at them when they do arrive.
      I would rather see another creative player included instead of going back to a Dykes Bonne combo for the next Three games.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
        I don’t think our lack of goals this season is purely down to having bad Strikers ,I would say we lack another consistent creative player to provide more clear cut chances.
        Many if not all of Austin’s goals if analysed are the result of his clever movement and good technique that have produced a goal ,I don’t remember him being presented with many gimme type chances.
        An awful lot of service played into our Strikers have either been too slow going in or inaccurate resulting in frustration and a tendency to snatch at them when they do arrive.
        I would rather see another creative player included instead of going back to a Dykes Bonne combo for the next Three games.
        I’d be happy with Dykes , Willock and Chair as a front 3 with Bonne or Kelman to come if needed. I would also like to see a bit more of Thomas before the season ends as he has shown glimpses of promise but hasn’t been given much game time.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Amazes me that whenever a ref in any other match looks at an incident like this and sees nothing wrong, the ######s in the suits say they are powerless to act, as it was seen by ref.
          But in this case......
          How do you know ref saw it? Just cos it's in his field of vision doesn't mean he saw and understood what happened. Let's face it, it's a nasty, snide, unnecessary donkey-kick to a player lying on the floor and justice has now been done. Pain in the butt for us but we/Charlie don't have a leg to stand on...... gotta suck it up and get on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

It's not just his goals it's what he brings to the team and his all round game & work rate , At another level to what we have gives players around him help & confidence, they've all had to try and raise their game
            Oh I wholeheartedly agree I was responding to Stainrod's message that he hadn't scored in 7 and saying that it may not be a bad thing to let the others i.e. Dykes, Kelman & Bonne to have a go. - Of course, he could be correct and they might now be able to do a proper centre forward's job.

Austin brings much more than just goals, he knows how to get into space and occupy defenders as well as a willingness to take a shot at goal.

Now we have no choice but to give those 3 a chance to see what they have learnt over the last 3 months of playing & training alongside Austin.

Comment

I am a bit confused by this tbh.

You start by saying we don't have bad strikers, but then go on to say that Austin has also had few chances set up for him, but scored through his clever movement and good technique. the latter is exacty why he is a good striker and sadly, Dykes and Bonne have so far looked quite the opposite.

Whilst it is true that the service to them was poor, Bonne has shown good movement, but lacked the technique and composure. Dykes has put in a good work rate, but has lacked movement into scoring positions, with poor composure & finishing.

Hopefully, with Johansen and Field now in the side, they might do better.

Comment

I usually order QPR+ on a game by game basis, with all of the fixtures in April I decided to buy the monthly pass, it seemed like good value at the time but I am starting to doubt it will be with Charlie out, I just don't see where the goals are going to come from, I expect we'll look like the team destined for relegation which we were before the transfer window! I hope I am wrong and the team surprises me in the next few matches, it will be a good chance for the other strikers to prove they can do the job or that they just can't cut it at this level, it will also be an opportunity for management to do their own evaluation!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I’d be happy with Dykes , Willock and Chair as a front 3 with Bonne or Kelman to come if needed. I would also like to see a bit more of Thomas before the season ends as he has shown glimpses of promise but hasn’t been given much game time.
                  Thomas is unknown to me ,where do you see him playing ?
                  It’s difficult to judge him but looking at his physique he looks like he’s too bulky and slow to play out wide.

Comment

Thomas is unknown to me ,where do you see him playing ?
                    It’s difficult to judge him but looking at his physique he looks like he’s too bulky and slow to play out wide.
                    From the glimpses I’ve seen he’s a Chair type player , looks to break into the box and might have a goal in him , he’s been unlucky with injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I am a bit confused by this tbh.

You start by saying we don't have bad strikers, but then go on to say that Austin has also had few chances set up for him, but scored through his clever movement and good technique. the latter is exacty why he is a good striker and sadly, Dykes and Bonne have so far looked quite the opposite.

Whilst it is true that the service to them was poor, Bonne has shown good movement, but lacked the technique and composure. Dykes has put in a good work rate, but has lacked movement into scoring positions, with poor composure & finishing.

Hopefully, with Johansen and Field now in the side, they might do better.

Dykes will never be an out and out goalscorer like Austin,he’s more of a target man.
                      Bonne could score goals as he does find the spaces but lacks experience and technique.
                      We don’t have enough consistent creative ability in the side for Bonne and Dykes to score regularly.
                      Austin is perhaps a 1 in 2 Striker , the others are not anywhere near that.
                      Look at goals Hugill managed last season and his technique could be considered to be limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

How do you know ref saw it? Just cos it's in his field of vision doesn't mean he saw and understood what happened. Let's face it, it's a nasty, snide, unnecessary donkey-kick to a player lying on the floor and justice has now been done. Pain in the butt for us but we/Charlie don't have a leg to stand on...... gotta suck it up and get on with it.
                        Shut up ya big tart.

Comment

It's his presence on the pitch we'll miss the most ... Charlie is a chap

Comment

LOL.

Comment

Working...
                            X