football greats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• football greats

It is interesting to listen to coaches talking about hundred million plus strikers being the complete player.

I was musing about some of these modern examples and imagining their attempting their completeness by trying to close down Beckenbauer- a sway of the hips and they are 'completely' on their backsides whilst Franz is playing 30 yard chips wit the outside of his boot,- never seen anyone so comfortable on the ball- fabulous player.

I believe footballers from the 70s were better players because they had tackles from the likes of Chopper Harris, Norman Hunter, Tommy Smith (the famous ones) who were allowed to go through players and not get booked.
    PItches were also rough.
    The technical side is better today, but they don't have the same hurdles I have mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by KLOS View Post
      It is interesting to listen to coaches talking about hundred million plus strikers being the complete player.

I was musing about some of these modern examples and imagining their attempting their completeness by trying to close down Beckenbauer- a sway of the hips and they are 'completely' on their backsides whilst Franz is playing 30 yard chips wit the outside of his boot,- never seen anyone so comfortable on the ball- fabulous player.
      The kaiser could watch him all day

Comment

Working...
      X