No love for Les or Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No love for Les or Mark

I think its crazy on the lack of love for Mark or Les but then i dont think a lot of fans see the big picture because they think we are in a position to compete when it's just not possible while we eradicate the fine.
    When Les joined, he was told to reduce our budget by a crazy amount, sell all our star players and bring in cheap, so cheap that we have one of the lowest wage budget in they league. Find hidden gems and then sell at a profit. He has acheived this and our club is in a much healthier place at a quicker rate because of him. The selling players at a profit has taken to longest but we will start to see to this more often now.
    When Mark has joined, he was told he be losing all his star players and we will have a wage structure that is bottom 3 in the championship, play the youth and find some gems. But he is also to keep us in Championship. Other teams who had to do same have dropped down the leagues. Blackpool, Stockport, Portsmouth, Wigan, Bolton etc. However here we are, not only in Championship but midtable.
    We are now even starting to buy players, they brought in quality loans like Wells and Austin who have saved us.
    For me they have done the impossible, instead of being League 1 or 2, we are still in Championship, and our finances are improving every year. To insult either Mark or Les is a lack of understanding of the reality of our club.
    Damn this sounds like Tony Fernandes on a secret account lol!

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
    I think its crazy on the lack of love for Mark or Les but then i dont think a lot of fans see the big picture because they think we are in a position to compete when it's just not possible while we eradicate the fine.
    When Les joined, he was told to reduce our budget by a crazy amount, sell all our star players and bring in cheap, so cheap that we have one of the lowest wage budget in they league. Find hidden gems and then sell at a profit. He has acheived this and our club is in a much healthier place at a quicker rate because of him. The selling players at a profit has taken to longest but we will start to see to this more often now.
    When Mark has joined, he was told he be losing all his star players and we will have a wage structure that is bottom 3 in the championship, play the youth and find some gems. But he is also to keep us in Championship. Other teams who had to do same have dropped down the leagues. Blackpool, Stockport, Portsmouth, Wigan, Bolton etc. However here we are, not only in Championship but midtable.
    We are now even starting to buy players, they brought in quality loans like Wells and Austin who have saved us.
    For me they have done the impossible, instead of being League 1 or 2, we are still in Championship, and our finances are improving every year. To insult either Mark or Les is a lack of understanding of the reality of our club.
    Bang on but sadly it only takes 2/3 defeats and they are back on calling for the board to resign or the manager to go , with no understanding of what the club has gone through in the last 4/5 years .

Comment

A few of us have been saying this for while and have been accused of being club insiders.

The only time I considered a change was leading up to the Jan transfer window. It was always my hope that the Board would back Warbs in Jan and they did which proved the trust they have in him.

Had those funds not materialised then relegation was looking very likely, I would have turned to Holloway in a gamble for a different voice and hoping he could get a tune out of them. I'm glad that last throw of the dice wasnt needed.

Comment

I love everyone .........as long as we win!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

A few of us have been saying this for while and have been accused of being club insiders.

The only time I considered a change was leading up to the Jan transfer window. It was always my hope that the Board would back Warbs in Jan and they did which proved the trust they have in him.

Had those funds not materialised then relegation was looking very likely, I would have turned to Holloway in a gamble for a different voice and hoping he could get a tune out of them. I'm glad that last throw of the dice wasnt needed.
          Pipe down Sints

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Pipe down Sints

Comment

Comment

I think I saw something that we are only one of two clubs in the championship to actually send under 70% of our turnover on player wages which is a remarkable turnaround.

Ive been critical of some of the decisions the club has made, but looking at the bigger picture, it's starting to pay off.

we've got a new training ground on the way (touchwood!), on a land the club owns and the owners are digging deep on that project.

The Eze deal was something that the board should be given credit for, £16m + 20% profit of next sale is a decent deal that should help us in the long run with slightly more funds for transfer dealings.

I think a lot of our fans dont understand the work that goes on behind the scenes.

Club has a long term philosophy and they are sticking to it.

Comment

Well said Lee, keep up the good work mate.

Comment

Breadman I have no problem but the so called DOF I don’t think he’s dona good job picked at least 3 managers not up to it all this cutting back the budget ain’t down to him the owners had no choice. The board have done the work getting things right and on nearly £800k a year he ain’t worth it

Comment

I don't know who is responsible for what but we have a tale of two seasons, it looked like all but Dickie were poor signings up to January and I still think that about Dykes and Bonne, to think that side was going to be anything other than relegation material was quite frankly naive! Credit must be given to recognising the problems and bringing in very good loans which completely transformed the team, imagine if we had these players from the start! Next year as most years are at QPR will be interesting, if the club doesn't hang on to the loanees or adequately replace them we will be looking over our shoulder again and if we do keep this squad or build on it we could possibly be in for a serious challenge for the play offs!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        Breadman I have no problem but the so called DOF I don’t think he’s dona good job picked at least 3 managers not up to it all this cutting back the budget ain’t down to him the owners had no choice. The board have done the work getting things right and on nearly £800k a year he ain’t worth it
                        Can’t agree at all, Les & Lee have done a brilliant job in keeping the club going & putting us in a much healthier position, he got Warbs in & that’s working out ok, there have been mistakes with managers but is that all down to Les? I doubt it, everyone’s got an opinion & I’m just putting mine across

Comment

Blown our slight chance of a playoff spot. Pitch at forest was a bit dry and the wind was on the breezy side. Thanks for clarifying this defeat for us Mark always makes a defeat so much more understanding
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Blown our slight chance of a playoff spot. Pitch at forest was a bit dry and the wind was on the breezy side. Thanks for clarifying this defeat for us Mark always makes a defeat so much more understanding
                            https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...action-050421/

MW goes on to say that he had a choice of Ball or Field to slot into the CB role, but to me that is a load of bs. Kakay can and has played at CB, so he should have been the one to slot in and Kane at RB. Why disrupt the CM too?

Nowhere does he hold up his hands to say he got it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...action-050421/

MW goes on to say that he had a choice of Ball or Field to slot into the CB role, but to me that is a load of bs. Kakay can and has played at CB, so he should have been the one to slot in and Kane at RB. Why disrupt the CM too?

Nowhere does he hold up his hands to say he got it wrong.
                              Or Kakay CH and Uncle RWB?

Comment

Working...
                              X