• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another championship manager bites the dust

Preston sack their manager

Do you want us to sign him Dave?

Comment

Don't like to see anyone lose thier livelihood, but I can't stand the bloke.
      Always has a face like a slapped ####.

Comment

Definitely not myu

Comment

Think he's had them punching well above their weight for some while. Wonder if they'll try and nick Ian Evett from Bolton? One of our old boys who seems happy to work with zero budget/resource but still get a team going. His work at Trotters is nothing short of miraculous this season giving the mess he took over on and off the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            Think he's had them punching well above their weight for some while. Wonder if they'll try and nick Ian Evett from Bolton? One of our old boys who seems happy to work with zero budget/resource but still get a team going. His work at Trotters is nothing short of miraculous this season giving the mess he took over on and off the pitch.
            Bloody hell is he still there?
            I Was shocked to see them at the top end of the table.
            I don't pay alot of attention to lge 2.
            Well done him, he went there from non lge didn't he?

Comment

He was a couple of seasons at Barrow - think he might have got them into the League from non-league but I'm not sure? If he gets Bolton up he'll deserve manager of the decade I reckon.

Comment

Tbh I thought he was being overhyped.
                But I agree but get them up is amazing

Comment

He was a couple of seasons at Barrow - think he might have got them into the League from non-league but I'm not sure? If he gets Bolton up he'll deserve manager of the decade I reckon.
                  From Wiki

'In his second season in charge, Evatt guided Barrow back to the Football league for the first time in 48 years as champions of the National League.'

​​​​​​​Bolton currently in 5th place, 6 points off top, with three to go up automatically.

Comment

Take a bow Ian Evett. Getting Bolton promoted is an astonishing feat of pure coaching/managing in the face of adversity and no money.

Comment

Take a bow Ian Evett. Getting Bolton promoted is an astonishing feat of pure coaching/managing in the face of adversity and no money.
                      He’s obviously a better manager than he was a player .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

He’s obviously a better manager than he was a player .
                        Heard a mate of his is on the coaching staff at Leeds and is passing all Bielsa's training session structures onto Evett. Evett has admitted copying Bielsa's approach. Still got to do it though.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Heard a mate of his is on the coaching staff at Leeds and is passing all Bielsa's training session structures onto Evett. Evett has admitted copying Bielsa's approach. Still got to do it though.
                          Well yeah , you still need league 2 standard players to take it on board so well done to him .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Well yeah , you still need league 2 standard players to take it on board so well done to him .
                            As I said, still got to do it though. Their second half of the season has been better than ours. Well done and can see them doing very well next season with a bumper crowd behind them.

Comment

Working...
                            X