No announcement yet.

Nico H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbh Hradecky is the only Finnish player who would fit any Euro2020 squad. Kamara and Pukki would be good enough for perhaps 7-8 other squads. Noone else would fit any other team. Finnish team is much better than the sum of its individual players.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      Tbh Hradecky is the only Finnish player who would fit any Euro2020 squad. Kamara and Pukki would be good enough for perhaps 7-8 other squads. Noone else would fit any other team. Finnish team is much better than the sum of its individual players.
      Agree most of this. Maybe most of our players would fit to Macedonia squad. I think Joel Pohjanpalo the forward can fit in few squad too, been better so far than Pukki. Unlucky his goal against Russia was called offside after 4 minutes. It was very,very narrow one. None of the Russians didn t even protest or demand VAR check, but unfortunately half of his nose was offiside

We had a so-called "golden generation" 10-15 years ago that was believed to take Finland finally to the major tournament. Our keepers Niemi & Jääskeläinen combined about 550-600 PL games, we had Hyypiä over 400 game for Liverpool, other defenders played for Anderlecht, Ajax, Werder Bremen. In midfield we had players from PSV Eindhoven, Crystal Palace, Tottenham and of course Jari Litmanen, in attack we had Mikael Forssell scored 17 goals in his best season in PL for Birmingham and Jonatan Johansson played in PL for Charlton and was starting player for them. Of course Shefki Kuqi too who scored over 100 goals in the Championship, for different clubs.

Main problem was that we never won when it really matters. In a qualifying games we got good results once our chanches had gone and in friendly games we beat countries like Portugal away 4-1. Beat Greece 5-1 and so on, and draw 3 straight games against Germany. Since 1999 we had played against Belgium 7 times and haven´t lost once, won 4 and draw 3 (most probably we will lose on monday). We played some really nice attacking football then with those players, but like i said we always blew it at some point. But todays squad is like been said many times is a TEAM, not the best individuals,but very tight collective and disciplined. It s not pretty always,but it got us to the Euros and got nice results in a Nations League Group B (not bad for the semi-pros to beat Ireland twice for example, a squad full of players from PL and Championship. If Finland players are semi-pro what are the Irish then?).

Comment

England have zero chance. Same story every time. Loads of hype and very little delivery. Think Southgate doing fine with what he has but too much of what he has is bang average.

Comment

The word «semi pros» is hardly ever used when a Championship team play badly. I have seem some shocking Championship teams over the years and a match I watched between B’ham and Luton just a few months ago springs to mind. There was hardly three successive passes to a team mate put together during the entire match snd I am not exacerating. But I have never seem any poster calling teams or players in our League semi pros, whatever lousy they have been. They might be very poor, and it is sometimes hard to believe they practise fotball every day, but still the Word semi pro id not used.

But once talking about players from small nations like Finland the word semi pro pops up. Pukki and the other players might not always play that well but lets give them some respect. We never call Wycombe semi pros, so why give this label to smaller countries that are not exactly up to the standard of Italy, France or Ingerland. The didcussion is not about the quality of the Finnish team against Denmark or Russia, but the label put on players from smaller countries. That was my point.

Comment

The one thing as fans we never take into consideration is that there are two teams on the pitch, doing their level best to stop the other playing.
            I think when you have a small nation playing against a team from a country with bigger leagues to choose from then of course they will struggle. The bigger the leagues the more players to select.
            Same as when QPR have what we call a bad day.
            Not only against bigger clubs, but the opposition have worked better at stopping us.
            Apart from the fact that players are human and have bad days.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              England have zero chance. Same story every time. Loads of hype and very little delivery. Think Southgate doing fine with what he has but too much of what he has is bang average.
              Agree there is a lot of hype about the chances of the England team, but I wouldn't call his players bang average. Players like Kane, Sterling, Trippier, Chilwell, Foden, Mount, Grealish, Sancho Bellingham Saka etc are good attacking players and will create chances if they are given the chance to express themselves.

They may not win the Euros, but can give any side a decent game.

I think they have some decent players in the squad and would like to see Southgate be a bit more adventurous with his tactics and team selection. They should have beaten Scotland and would have if they had been more minded to attack. There was no service to Kane and 2 holding midfielders was a totally wrong choice from Southgate.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                It makes you wonder whether the public hearing they're all on £100-200k a week makes them assume they're all world beaters?

Some of these lads are very lucky to be English and playing in the English premier league to be able to pick up the wages they do. The wages dont reflect their abilities and theyd be on a fraction of this if born in another country and playing in another league.

Comment

Come on Belgium!!!! Denmark deserve to qualify. They're so much better than Finland and this is for Christian!
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Yesssssss Belgium get in there! Up yours oslo

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Yesssssss Belgium get in there! Up yours oslo
                      Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Seriously?
                        He seems to be a little childish human being . We are all QPR supporters from different countries from all over the Europe/world and showing that kind of disrespect and mock fellow supporters national team and celebrate their loss just tells something about that person. I would understand it better if Finland were a blood enemy to England. QPR dont have too many players in the Euros to representing their country(2) and to me its little weird that someone is happy that our players country lose or dont go through especially if they dont play against your own country, ok maybe England fans dont wish best for Scotland. I hope all the best for Dykes and Scotland, because Dykes is a QPR player and i was extremely proud how he played against "superior" England team.

Most likely the tournament is now over for Finland, but at least we did not finish last in the group or in the tournament and i´m proud of that, thats a decent achievement from the first timers. I think WeAreQPR12 hope it was also the last time

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Seriously?
                          Poor on my behalf stain but passion took over. I'm so pleased Denmark qualified and they really deserved it.

Comment

Fair enough mate

Comment

Seems like he's surplus to requirements.......

https://www.givemesport.com/1722136-...s-revealed?amp

Story is is in several other (dubious) sites too.

Comment

Working...
                              X