Thought warburton didn’t like loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought warburton didn’t like loans

If he’d had used the loan market in the summer like some of our rivals did we could have been in a totally different position than we are now, plum !

He likes getting the sack even less. I somehow doubt Chazza coming back was a Warburton decision...

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
      If he’d had used the loan market in the summer like some of our rivals did we could have been in a totally different position than we are now, plum !
      It's with a view to a permanent deal so unless this guy is absolutely shiite then he will be with us for a few years, hopefully!!

Comment

Easy to say with hindsight. If it had worked out he would have been a genius.

Also I think it's easier to loan in January than during the summer as squads are still being shaped so clubs don't know who they want to or can afford to loan out. I don't think we would have had a chance of loaning Chaz in the summer.
        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Always better to have your own players but it is the mark of a genius and experienced manager who recognises that a change of approach is needed. Inspired tactical management. Extend his contract now before we lose Warbs.

Comment

I think it’s best to own your players , loans are ok due to the situation we found ourselves in but I wouldn’t want to start a season with numerous loans . They can be recalled at short notice or sold to your rivals ( Wells and Hugil ).We are trying to buy cheap , develop and sell on , we can’t do that with to many loan players in the squad.

Comment

I can understand why he didnt but results and very poor league position forced him to change his mind . We cant afford to be relegated so if a few loans help to keep us up it will be well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                He likes getting the sack even less. I somehow doubt Chazza coming back was a Warburton decision...
                It was Tony F. according to WLS I think?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

It was Tony F. according to WLS I think?
                  Correct, i read that somewhere, Austin said Tony F pushed it through and would probably not have happened without him getting involved, apparently they are both very good friends

Comment

Originally posted by Brockworth_R View Post

Correct, i read that somewhere, Austin said Tony F pushed it through and would probably not have happened without him getting involved, apparently they are both very good friends
                    Think so. Yepp!!
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

I think a lot of you are missing the point , yes whilst it is good to develop our own players and get what say at a push £20mil for someone of ezes standard (which I doubt will happen again for a while) why not loan 4 quality players who make all the difference and make a push for promotion which is worth £120mil?
                      no initial outlay for loan players just the wages, so if they are no good then send them back or if they are a hit and help us push on then it’s a bonus.

Comment

Both loans are players we can possibly buy in the summer. It's not the same as loaning Matt Smith from Man City or even Wells or Hughill.

Comment

I think a lot of you are missing the point , yes whilst it is good to develop our own players and get what say at a push £20mil for someone of ezes standard (which I doubt will happen again for a while) why not loan 4 quality players who make all the difference and make a push for promotion which is worth £120mil?
                          no initial outlay for loan players just the wages, so if they are no good then send them back or if they are a hit and help us push on then it’s a bonus.
                          It’s a gamble though isn’t it , there is often a loan fee involved plus substantial wages to be paid to a player that can be taken back at short notice and has no sell on value to us.We have used the loan market to get us out of a tricky situation, which is the right thing to do in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                            Both loans are players we can possibly buy in the summer. It's not the same as loaning Matt Smith from Man City or even Wells or Hughill.
                            The Hull player is with a view to a permanent signing.Austin however will be a free agent should WBA choose not to take up the option of an extra year which means he could go anywhere that will pay him the most .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

The Hull player is with a view to a permanent signing.Austin however will be a free agent should WBA choose not to take up the option of an extra year which means he could go anywhere that will pay him the most .
                              If Austin enjoys himself here I think we can offer him a longer contract than most would to reduce the difference in wages. Having listened to him he wants to be playing and knows he'll do that with us. He always seems to love the club and his family are most settled here.

Comment

Working...
                              X