No announcement yet.

Lyndon Dykes 21 games in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonne made runs to get into scoring positions which is something that Dykes doesnt do. He has made these type of runs in other matches too, with or without Willock on the pitch.

Even Kane and Barbet have outscored Dykes from open play this season.
    Its time to give Bonne a run in the starting line up.

Comment

• Bonne deserves to start for me.. I'd give Lyndon a rest, and give Macca a run.

He's doing everything right and looking like he'll start to score real soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
        Bonne deserves to start for me.. I'd give Lyndon a rest, and give Macca a run.

He's doing everything right and looking like he'll start to score real soon.
        I agree Bonne deserves a run of games , I’ve been saying that for months . My point is let’s not all write Dykes off just yet .

Comment

• Warbs must have been reading our forums !!

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...-bonne-2122144

QPR boss has ‘no worries’ about Dykes or Bonne

“I would be more concerned if Macca hadn’t been there to miss them and, I am not saying this lightly, but I don’t mind him missing those if he scores on Wednesday night and we get a scruffy 1-0 win,” said Warburton.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Warbs must have been reading our forums !!

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...-bonne-2122144

QPR boss has ‘no worries’ about Dykes or Bonne

“I would be more concerned if Macca hadn’t been there to miss them and, I am not saying this lightly, but I don’t mind him missing those if he scores on Wednesday night and we get a scruffy 1-0 win,” said Warburton.
            I think Bonne will develop and if given the chance, his confidence will grow and he will be finishing those type of chances in future.

I was talking to my brother about those missed chances and recalled how during the 1986 World Cup we watched a young Papin miss a number of chances in a match and I said he will be a good striker because he gets into goal scoring positions. He scored later on in that game.

Also, let's not forget that Vardy was hardly prolific in his 1st season with Leicester.

5 in 29 Championship
            16 in 41 Championship
            5 in 36 Premiership.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jami...sort/einsaetze

Confidence in a striker is vital if he is going to succeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I agree Bonne deserves a run of games , I’ve been saying that for months . My point is let’s not all write Dykes off just yet .
              I dont think you can, big step up for him from where he was at. He'll settle to I am sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I think Bonne will develop and if given the chance, his confidence will grow and he will be finishing those type of chances in future.

I was talking to my brother about those missed chances and recalled how during the 1986 World Cup we watched a young Papin miss a number of chances in a match and I said he will be a good striker because he gets into goal scoring positions. He scored later on in that game.

Also, let's not forget that Vardy was hardly prolific in his 1st season with Leicester.

5 in 29 Championship
                16 in 41 Championship
                5 in 36 Premiership.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jami...sort/einsaetze

Confidence in a striker is vital if he is going to succeed.
                Your brother was probably referring to France's opening match vs Canada, I remember it well, it was our only time qualifying for the World Cup, so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=406wX-hC9b0
                @gatorTFC

Comment

• At least Bonne looks like he might score Dykes doesn't even look like scoring,

Comment

• He was unlucky with that first strike last night, right place right time great strike and for anyone in form that's going in. Good save by keeper all down to afew cms. Would've been a different story had that gone in hey.

Comment

• He should have scored twice. First was shocking, just blasting it and the lob...oh my

Comment

• I just want him to do well, and by that I mean between 15 and 20 goals + per season.
                        Why is it we always pay millions and get duds?

Comment

• Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                          He should have scored twice. First was shocking, just blasting it and the lob...oh my
                          Having a closer look at the highlights in both those chances he is running with his head down, I don't blame him for shooting in either case but the keeper knew he was going to shoot and made himself big, if he had looked on the first chance he had a player wide open to his left, you could see the frustration!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

• Showed flashes against Preston why Warbs is persevering with him. Very physical and a few nice lay offs. His all round game needs to massively improve though. First chance should of buried literally just smashed it straight at the keeper. I’d start Bonne against Brum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                              Showed flashes against Preston why Warbs is persevering with him. Very physical and a few nice lay offs. His all round game needs to massively improve though. First chance should of buried literally just smashed it straight at the keeper. I’d start Bonne against Brum.
                              I thought he made some decent runs against Preston , if Kane had got his weight of pass right , he would have been in on goal again , not saying he would have scored but he’s certainly not hiding, which would be easy to do in his situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                                He was unlucky with that first strike last night, right place right time great strike and for anyone in form that's going in. Good save by keeper all down to afew cms. Would've been a different story had that gone in hey.
                                No he wasn’t he showed no finesse in front of goal on both occasions, snatched at the first when just a little dink over the keeper, and 2nd chance should’ve taken it left footed, if those chance would’ve fallen to Austin we’d have been 2-0 up, I think time for Bonne to start, and would like to see Willock give a full run out

Comment

Working...
                                X