Lyndon Dykes 21 games in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyndon Dykes 21 games in...

Whats our thoughts? 21 games is enough to see what he’s got surely. To me he looks absolutely pony. Washington looks like Brazilian Ronaldo compared.

His touch is poor
    his composure is poor
    his attitude can’t criticise
    effort can’t criticise

overall he’s efin hopeless and would do well in Scotland Australia somewhere like that and if England let him score we’re pony.

Comment

Average championship striker getting little proper service and no strike partner. He can take a penalty and is good when ball is crossed from the right especially. Chair should be played right mid from now on and Kelman as Dykes partner. Simple.

Comment

Jury is still out for me , he has got worse as the season has gone on . It must be demoralising for him though playing in this team that doesn’t create. Having said that he has missed a few big chances and don’t seem to anticipate where the ball is going to land which isn’t great for a striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
          Jury is still out for me , he has got worse as the season has gone on . It must be demoralising for him though playing in this team that doesn’t create. Having said that he has missed a few big chances and don’t seem to anticipate where the ball is going to land which isn’t great for a striker.
          He’s definitely not got the knack of being in the right place at the right time. He seems like he’s about a few seconds behind where he should be. His effort can’t be questioned I agree but his technical ability seems non existent at the moment. Other than his goal against Brentford and a few nice lay offs he’s been completely pony.

Comment

He’s always in the right place to early or too late , Bonne movement yesterday looked much better but finishing woeful, however we create naff all most games so any chances missed are exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post

He’s definitely not got the knack of being in the right place at the right time. He seems like he’s about a few seconds behind where he should be. His effort can’t be questioned I agree but his technical ability seems non existent at the moment. Other than his goal against Brentford and a few nice lay offs he’s been completely pony.
              So have most of the team to be fair .

Comment

From what I’ve seen so far he’s out of his depth, seems slow to react to situations, at 25 probably this is as good as it gets. Cannot fault his effort, however 1 goal in open play in 20 games is shocking, yes service is poor, however there have been easy chances he has missed. In Scottish leagues he would have more time.maybe we should get a plastic pitch as he seemed to like them whilst in Scotland.

Comment

He will do better under a new coaching regime, and like many of the the players who Warburton picks week in - week out without a clear game plan, he must feel mentally drained. His first match was good, it has to be said.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

He’s always in the right place to early or too late , Bonne movement yesterday looked much better but finishing woeful, however we create naff all most games so any chances missed are exaggerated
                    I agree Bonne has much better movement but has been criminally under used by Warburton.

Comment

The worst case scenario is that he has a decent Euros with better players around him and we sell him and get our money back. It's his first season at this level in a poor side so I think theres more to come.

But I still cant get over the fact that we sold Matt Smith because his style of play didnt fit ours and soon after we buy another version of him.

Surely our DoF has a clear style of play and brings in players that suit that style? Or is recruitment based solely on fee, wages and availability. Square peg and round hole comes to mind?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        The worst case scenario is that he has a decent Euros with better players around him and we sell him and get our money back. It's his first season at this level in a poor side so I think theres more to come.

But I still cant get over the fact that we sold Matt Smith because his style of play didnt fit ours and soon after we buy another version of him.

Surely our DoF has a clear style of play and brings in players that suit that style? Or is recruitment based solely on fee, wages and availability. Square peg and round hole comes to mind?
                        I’d guess that Matt Smith was on treble the money Dykes is on and Millwall were prepared to pay a fee for him , plus Dykes is much younger so more of a sellable asset .

Comment

We don't create less chances than the opposition. We just don't take them. Our strikers could obviously have better service, but the main problem is that they are not good enough at this level. It is obvious that Dykes is not up to what it takes. It was a gamble to buy a 25 years old striker from Livingston, with just one half-good season in a poor league to show for, and believe he would pick up where Hugill, Wells or Smith left. He does not even fit our style. Whenever I see Bonne he looks more of a treath to me.

I think we got our recruitment pretty right before the 2019/2020 season, given the tight budget we had, but this year our recruitment has been very mixed. I think Dickie and Carroll are good signings. Re-signing Dieng, Kakay and Hämälainen on low-pay-long-contracts was a shrewd piece of business - if just one or two of these three turn out ok in the long run the overall deal for these three have been fine.

But our attacking recruitments have not worked out. Kelman is one for the future, so I leave him out, but the five others have delivered little so far: Dykes, Bonne, Thomas, Willock and Adomah. Willock might come good and I shall not give up on the others, but so far it has been very disppointing.

Strikers seems to be harder to buy than players in other positions. Good striker are notoriously expensive and you don't get much for a million pound or two. I understand the club decided not to go down the loan route, but rather try to identify young players that can be sold on with a profit. This is gamble - if you get it right, it is good business. If you buy cheap and it doesn't work out you are in dire straits. A more balanced approach would have been one decent striker on loan and one cheap gamble. Maybe this was the original plan, but it did not work out for some reason.

I think we need to correct this in the January window. With our budget, the only way we can get a decent striker is a loan deal. Norwich cannot be happy with Hugill - maybe a reunion is an option? Or a decent striker that is surplus to requirements in the Premier League. Ideally we need two.

Comment

I’d guess that Matt Smith was on treble the money Dykes is on and Millwall were prepared to pay a fee for him , plus Dykes is much younger so more of a sellable asset .
                            Yes. But the recruitment wasnt based on the style of play. In part i thought Smith left because his style of play didnt suit the game we wanted to play. Soon after we went for the shorter more mobile hype with Wells and Hugill.

Comment

For me the jury is still out, his goals to games ratio isn't great at the moment, but would other strikers score more in our team? His previous managers have all praised his ability, so he's not "rubbish", but he definitely needs to up his goal scoring.

Comment

Working...
                              X