When u can’t cross...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When u can’t cross...

We had more than 30 crosses today with all but a handful pure rubbish. Been that way all season. So why do we keep pushing balls out wide every time we head north. Given our lack of goals (now less than one per game) why not attack down the middle, with everything we’ve got. Otherwise, every opposing team will continue to let us play “in front of them”, allow us to win time of possession, and know that when the ball inevitably goes out wide and we can’t cross, we won’t score.

Elementary, Watson

Originally posted by Buffalo
    We don't have the midfield players to be able to do that.
    We lack basic skills
    Defending
    crossing
    movement
    control

coaching can improve but some of these are basics poor very poor

Comment

Our throw in’s are not bad though.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I would like us to play with two out and out wingers who delivers old fashioned crosses. Olamide Shodipo was quite good at it. Adomah is another one. We are over complicating so much this season.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Shodipo was never consistent enough and never took his chances when they came. Adomah has the ability but nothing left in his legs and you would have to question how much research into his fitness and stamina before he signed. Doing keepy uppies in his back garden doesn't mean he is fit. It has to be bright and willock to start for me. Both are direct and quick. I'd give dykes a rest and start bonne with kelman.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
            Shodipo was never consistent enough and never took his chances when they came. Adomah has the ability but nothing left in his legs and you would have to question how much research into his fitness and stamina before he signed. Doing keepy uppies in his back garden doesn't mean he is fit. It has to be bright and willock to start for me. Both are direct and quick. I'd give dykes a rest and start bonne with kelman.
            No. You could be right with Shodipo, but BOS isn`t playing for the team anymore. I have to agree that starting Bonne with Keman in some matches is a super idea.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Need to start playing youngsters dump Cameron Barbet Cameron Kane Adomah, the only one I would keep is Ball and make him captain.
              look at Arsenal better youngsters than us I agree put them in against Chelsea the difference in energy in the side was immense, we need to get some of that energy in the side, because we certainly haven't got it with these over the hill players, we can't be any worse off than we are.

Comment

Again, I thought we were good yesterday. We were playing a side that are now second and who rarely concede but we dominated the game for long periods. Of course, the tantrum-merchants will spit and whine that that's not the case but, as Groucho said, who am I going to believe, them or my own eyes?

I watched the game with a neutral who was astonished that we went in one down at half time. Heads went down after the second goal, which was a shame, but understandable in the current run. Overall, the formation was an improvement as we were getting more than one player in the box when attacking and the passing and movement were the best I've seen since Routledge, Adel and Kyle Walker were pulling defences all over the place. Beyond that though there are real problems.

We move the ball extremely well until we reach the 18 yard box and that's where the issues start. BOS would rather shoot from the corner flag than pass to an unmarked player in the 6 yard box, Bonne remains blissfully unaware of the offside rules and, sadly, Dykes has no need to understand them as his pace will never trouble a defence. When Dykes wasn't deemed good enough, people called for Bonne and, now they've seen Bonne, they are calling for Kelman. Who will they call for after Kelman? He's only 90 minutes away from being the new Bonne.

This is not a dig at the previous poster, but I'm guessing people will call for one of the 'kids' or 'a gem from the lower leagues'. We've tried that and what we got was two kids who are nowhere near ready and are now being dismissed as 'lower league' level. Hardly surprising. Warburton has done a good job with a side that has no Wells, Hughill or Eze... and we have no Wells, Hughill or Eze because we are broke.

The final option will be the continual, dubiously-motivated calls for the heads of Ferdinand and the board who, as the sane among us know, have been keeping the club from going under for the best part of the year, if not longer. If we do go down, what I do know is that the screaming fools and entitled whiners will disappear, much as they did the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by timscott View Post
                  Again, I thought we were good yesterday. We were playing a side that are now second and who rarely concede but we dominated the game for long periods. Of course, the tantrum-merchants will spit and whine that that's not the case but, as Groucho said, who am I going to believe, them or my own eyes?

I watched the game with a neutral who was astonished that we went in one down at half time. Heads went down after the second goal, which was a shame, but understandable in the current run. Overall, the formation was an improvement as we were getting more than one player in the box when attacking and the passing and movement were the best I've seen since Routledge, Adel and Kyle Walker were pulling defences all over the place. Beyond that though there are real problems.

We move the ball extremely well until we reach the 18 yard box and that's where the issues start. BOS would rather shoot from the corner flag than pass to an unmarked player in the 6 yard box, Bonne remains blissfully unaware of the offside rules and, sadly, Dykes has no need to understand them as his pace will never trouble a defence. When Dykes wasn't deemed good enough, people called for Bonne and, now they've seen Bonne, they are calling for Kelman. Who will they call for after Kelman? He's only 90 minutes away from being the new Bonne.

This is not a dig at the previous poster, but I'm guessing people will call for one of the 'kids' or 'a gem from the lower leagues'. We've tried that and what we got was two kids who are nowhere near ready and are now being dismissed as 'lower league' level. Hardly surprising. Warburton has done a good job with a side that has no Wells, Hughill or Eze... and we have no Wells, Hughill or Eze because we are broke.

The final option will be the continual, dubiously-motivated calls for the heads of Ferdinand and the board who, as the sane among us know, have been keeping the club from going under for the best part of the year, if not longer. If we do go down, what I do know is that the screaming fools and entitled whiners will disappear, much as they did the last time.
                  This has been my take for most of the season , it’s been tiny margins that have gone against us . Huddersfield away is the only game we haven’t been in and it’s criminal we haven’t got more points to show for our efforts . Last few games have been different and it looks like their confidence is now shot . Yesterday’s 2nd half subs were a complete tombola effort that was pure desperation. There are no goals in the system Warbs persists with regardless of our budget. We have done the majority of our money on Willock , Bonne . Adomah ( wages) and he doesn’t know how to use them to benefit the team .If money is that tight why did we not spend it on players that would actually get in a team that is struggling to stay up .

Comment

It's hard not to agree with you -'tiny margins' (and the loss of an impressive Amos) sums it up.

I can only think that our options for buying are as limited as our budget. Having said that, Warburton does appear to be struggling to know who to play in what formation and role. Too many new faces at once? Too many players of a similar, inconsistent standard? It's hard to tell.

Adomah is particularly worrying as, at the start of the season, he looked what he is: a very experienced player with real motivation and ability. However, he's a shadow of himself now. Something's not right there, I think. Whether it's him (and who knows about people's private lives?) or Warburton would be interesting to know.

Comment

Or he is just a player at the end of his career....legs have gone, not up to it anymore.... This side had relegation written all over it. It is weak as p iss in every department apart from the GK. This squad of players is not Warburton’s doing....the owners and the DOF are the true culprits. Abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by timscott View Post
                        It's hard not to agree with you -'tiny margins' (and the loss of an impressive Amos) sums it up.

I can only think that our options for buying are as limited as our budget. Having said that, Warburton does appear to be struggling to know who to play in what formation and role. Too many new faces at once? Too many players of a similar, inconsistent standard? It's hard to tell.

Adomah is particularly worrying as, at the start of the season, he looked what he is: a very experienced player with real motivation and ability. However, he's a shadow of himself now. Something's not right there, I think. Whether it's him (and who knows about people's private lives?) or Warburton would be interesting to know.
                        Exactly , questions need to be asked . We have spent big compared to clubs of our size in this league , Luton , Millwall , Barnsley , Preston to name a few .The signings looked good on paper but for one reason or another it hasn’t worked . Bonne got double figures in a relegated Charlton side last season , I’m not say he’s Aguero but are we really playing to his strengths , especially yesterday with 3 wingers warming the bench .

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                          Or he is just a player at the end of his career....legs have gone, not up to it anymore.... This side had relegation written all over it. It is weak as p iss in every department apart from the GK. This squad of players is not Warburton’s doing....the owners and the DOF are the true culprits. Abysmal.
                          You have no idea if these signings were made in consultation with the manager or not , we have spent a fair amount compared to other teams in this league that are doing better than us . That’s a failure from the manager in my eyes.

Comment

Or he is just a player at the end of his career....legs have gone, not up to it anymore.... This side had relegation written all over it. It is weak as p iss in every department apart from the GK. This squad of players is not Warburton&#82 17;s doing....the owners and the DOF are the true culprits. Abysmal.

Disagree.
                            Surely Warburton had a large say in the signings of Kelly, Wallace and Barbet as he had them at previous clubs.
                            Actually, not too sure about Barbet. He may have joined after MW left Brentford. Sure someone will correct me.

But Kelly and Wallace would almost certainly be MW's signings.

Comment

Take a look at Warbs first few signings, Kelly , Wallace , Ball , all players he had previously managed . Does that look like a board that are going over the managers head and making signings?

Comment

Working...
                              X