X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abseits
    replied
    Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    I don’t understand this hold up. Bos should sign a 2-3 year extension with us for better pay (especially given the uncertainties of COVID) with QPR affirming they won’t stand in his way if a good offer comes from another club from the end of this season on.

Why doesn’t that help both parties involved?
    ??? But at the end of this season he can go anywhere HE wants and trouser that "good offer" you're on about as a signing on fee for himself. BOS has gone... it's just a question of when does he clear his locker out: January or June?

Our chance to nail him down for 3 more seasons OR get a decent fee for him was this time last year. We badly messed up and have missed the boat I'm afraid, it's now just scrambling about in damage limitation mode scrapping for a few piddly quid we can wring out of the sorry situation.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    I don’t understand this hold up. Bos should sign a 2-3 year extension with us for better pay (especially given the uncertainties of COVID) with QPR affirming they won’t stand in his way if a good offer comes from another club from the end of this season on.

Only his agent can answer that , Eze signed a new improved deal and got his move no problem.

Leave a comment:

• Qprtanpa1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post

A player aged 23+ is free to negotiate with other clubs in last 6 months of contract - unbelievably BOS turns 23 on 31st December. Basically, he will be next to useless for us after January, too busy sorting out his summer move.
    The football authorities clearly cannot stand us, he's not a product of our academy, his current contract will be mediocre so it all adds up to a fairly feeble compensation payment coming our way.
    Selling him in January to Celtic or maybe a Prem club gives us an opportunity to get much more fee in (hopefully with some sort of add-on built in), get a disinterested player off the books and, most importantly get a replacement in and give them rest of season to bed in with us. I personally like the look of Blackpool's C J Hamilton - would be virtually like-for-like replacement.
    Letting it all drag into Summer would be pretty ropey all round.
    I agree , ideally he goes in January for a fee and hopefully a sell on clause like the Eze deal .The concern is he had an opportunity to leave pre season and didn’t , is his agent advising him to see his contract out , who knows.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Whether we sell him in Jan or he leaves in the summer we will still get money for him. Any club signing him has to pay us compensation because he's under 24yrs. Hopefully there'll be a minimum of £1m either way, unlike the £250k we got for Manning.
    A player aged 23+ is free to negotiate with other clubs in last 6 months of contract - unbelievably BOS turns 23 on 31st December. Basically, he will be next to useless for us after January, too busy sorting out his summer move.
    The football authorities clearly cannot stand us, he's not a product of our academy, his current contract will be mediocre so it all adds up to a fairly feeble compensation payment coming our way.
    Selling him in January to Celtic or maybe a Prem club gives us an opportunity to get much more fee in (hopefully with some sort of add-on built in), get a disinterested player off the books and, most importantly get a replacement in and give them rest of season to bed in with us. I personally like the look of Blackpool's C J Hamilton - would be virtually like-for-like replacement.
    Letting it all drag into Summer would be pretty ropey all round.

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    He needs to want the ball more . Goes missing for large parts of game . Demand it

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
    That’s one instance, you watch the games & good positions he gets in & then tends to waste it, don’t get me wrong he’s a good player but could be a lot better
    Exactly this , considering the positions he gets into he doesn’t produce the final ball enough . His potential is massive but he has to get more consistent with his assists.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by 3London View Post

You mean like he did for Dykes goal against Brentford? Great early cross. Still by far the best player in our team in terms of Creativity
    That’s one instance, you watch the games & good positions he gets in & then tends to waste it, don’t get me wrong he’s a good player but could be a lot better

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    We need to flog him in January. I've been broadly encouraged with his application lately - it's like he's wooing clubs to buy him. I thought he might have done a "Manning" and just faded out of our plans. Be handy if we can get two or more clubs chasing his signature and the fee gets driven up a bit.
    Whether we sell him in Jan or he leaves in the summer we will still get money for him. Any club signing him has to pay us compensation because he's under 24yrs. Hopefully there'll be a minimum of £1m either way, unlike the £250k we got for Manning.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    We need to flog him in January. I've been broadly encouraged with his application lately - it's like he's wooing clubs to buy him. I thought he might have done a "Manning" and just faded out of our plans. Be handy if we can get two or more clubs chasing his signature and the fee gets driven up a bit.

Leave a comment:

• theblackmafia.
    replied
    Originally posted by 3London View Post

You mean like he did for Dykes goal against Brentford? Great early cross. Still by far the best player in our team in terms of Creativity
    Well done BOS for actually playing for the team instead of himself. Until he realises football is a team game he'll never have the career he probably thinks he deserves.

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
    Yes I was as well Staines, hangs on too far long instead of playing the simple across, he seems to want to score every time he cuts to the by line instead of passing, and his finishing is poor hence the last minute with his left foot instead of using his right

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Kelman and Dykes could also be an option up front.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    Really frustrated with him last night , he had their left back on toast yet failed every time with his delivery .Surely any potential buyers would have watched this and seen he is far from the finished article . Willock and Chair were also poor with their final ball but the one time Willock got it right we scored .The defence comes in for a lot of criticism and some of it is justified but surely our supply lines to our strikers needs to improve and fast .
    Yes I was as well Staines, hangs on too far long instead of playing the simple across, he seems to want to score every time he cuts to the by line instead of passing, and his finishing is poor hence the last minute with his left foot instead of using his right

Leave a comment:

• scaz_QPR
    replied
    Yepp and how many corners hit the first man? If only we was a little more clinical we would be up there! I don't think Dykes up there on his own is doing it. Go back to basics with 442

Deing
    Kakay Dickie Barbet Niko
    BOS Ball Carroll Chair/Willock
    Dykes Bonne

Leave a comment:

Working...
X