Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qprtanpa1
    replied
    Agree with all of the above. Dieng is exciting, full of promise, and unlike Lumley doesn't hesitate to go for the ball anytime it's in the air in the box.

Joe's biggest issue was/is confidence. He may have been full of it on the practice field, but when the ref blew his whistle for game time he too often looked like (and played like) a doe in headlights.

Dieng has already shone he's not afraid of those headlights, or anything else.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Agree but have to say too many individual errors by him as well. HIs first season he showed promise but think perfect storm since then and he maybe needs to move on to get his career back on track.
    Agee with that. He made plenty of howlers mostly with his kicking or miskicking, starting with Preston in January 2019 and included last season Bristol City then his clangers against Luton & Hull, which had nothing to do with the defenders.

However, I think he can move on from QPR to start with a clean slate and perhaps get back to being a good keeper as he looked when starting out.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Agree but have to say too many individual errors by him as well. HIs first season he showed promise but think perfect storm since then and he maybe needs to move on to get his career back on track.
    Yes, and I hope he gets that chance at a decent level

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

But his confidence must have been rocked the same as the other players in the defence and that would have stopped him being as decisive as he could have been. I would argue that Lumley made less errors than the likes of Hall or Manning who are terrible defenders.

All I'm saying is that we have a better defence now and Dieng starts his first team career with better players in front of him than Lumley did.

I hope Joe moves on and gets another chance with a stable back four in front of him. He got his chance at a terrible time.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I’m sorry Sheep , just look at how decisive Dieng is when collecting crosses , that’s gut nothing to do with how the defence is . One is just a better keeper than the other .Lumley is now 3rd choice and has no future at the club due to his own performance.
    But his confidence must have been rocked the same as the other players in the defence and that would have stopped him being as decisive as he could have been. I would argue that Lumley made less errors than the likes of Hall or Manning who are terrible defenders.

All I'm saying is that we have a better defence now and Dieng starts his first team career with better players in front of him than Lumley did.

I hope Joe moves on and gets another chance with a stable back four in front of him. He got his chance at a terrible time.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Lumley didnt have the best defence in front of him and the confidence of the whole defensive line suffered.

We now have a more stable defence with Kakay getting more experience, Hall being replaced and a poor defender Manning having left. It may have been a different story for Lumley if he was coming into the first team in the environment that Dieng is benefitting from now?

But happy with Dieng and time for Lumley to reset his career elsewhere. But I do have some sympathy for Lummers, but such is football I guess.
    I’m sorry Sheep , just look at how decisive Dieng is when collecting crosses , that’s gut nothing to do with how the defence is . One is just a better keeper than the other .Lumley is now 3rd choice and has no future at the club due to his own performance.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Lumley didnt have the best defence in front of him and the confidence of the whole defensive line suffered.

We now have a more stable defence with Kakay getting more experience, Hall being replaced and a poor defender Manning having left. It may have been a different story for Lumley if he was coming into the first team in the environment that Dieng is benefitting from now?

But happy with Dieng and time for Lumley to reset his career elsewhere. But I do have some sympathy for Lummers, but such is football I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Posts like this is what brings us supporters and the team forward, not saying we shouldn`t be allowed to complain, but Les and the Board are pretty much hands on with the manager`s position I should believe. Just my opinion..

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Frankly, even if a mediocre goalie has presence and confidence it's a huge bonus and it transmits a sense of belief and security throughout the team. It's massively encouraging seeing Dieng looking the part - fact he's already looking very useful is brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Very happy with him .

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    I feel so much more confident when he comes for high balls in traffic, he made one really good stop today!

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    started a topic Seny Dieng

Seny Dieng

To think where we could have been last season had we made him first choice.
    The guy is fantastic.
Working...
X