X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by qprmarc View Post

understand what you’re saying , but a few loan players wouldn’t hurt , boosts team morale if we are playing better with a better option in that position , makes certain players up their game, could potentially take us from 10th place finish to the play offs and even promotion which is worth £100mil plus to the club so for the sake of a profit of a couple of million on a player we develop ourselves I think the risk is well worth taking, far more positives than negatives
    You're not wrong.

But the risk you're talking about is with other people's money. I was coming from as if I was a Board member who would have to pay these higher wages compared to our average £5-8k a week players.

If i was a Board member during these times i would think that I've putting enough cash into this financial disaster as it is. The squad will need to sort itself out to get mid table or higher up.

But yeah, if theres a reasonably priced option out there then why not.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Nope. The Wells situation highlighted the enormous pitfall of a loan player. We had our main man top scorer ####ed out from underneath us.... We were left high and dry. Pointless at this juncture having a loan player for just 10 weeks til Jan window.
    I could stomach some incoming loans in the January window on the basis they'd deffo be ours until the end of the season even then you gotta be careful about potentially losing the loan player for play-off games.
    In the current environment we ought to be able to maintain a squad of youngsters with potential, a core of seasoned pros and a couple of old-timers good for a season of service.

Leave a comment:

• qprmarc
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    A loan player takes a place on the team in favour of our own player who we could resell for a high fee. We need to make player teading profits to balance the books and become a stable championship club.

As good as Wells was his departure in Jan caused a lot of disruption until Hugill got going. We've also paid loan fees on players that didnt make the grade. If we got another Wells or Hugill it would hinder the development of Dykes, who I think we'll eventually sell for £15m+

Now we have some transfer some from the Eze sale we need to buy our own players and leave loans alone.

understand what you’re saying , but a few loan players wouldn’t hurt , boosts team morale if we are playing better with a better option in that position , makes certain players up their game, could potentially take us from 10th place finish to the play offs and even promotion which is worth £100mil plus to the club so for the sake of a profit of a couple of million on a player we develop ourselves I think the risk is well worth taking, far more positives than negatives

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    A loan player takes a place on the team in favour of our own player who we could resell for a high fee. We need to make player teading profits to balance the books and become a stable championship club.

As good as Wells was his departure in Jan caused a lot of disruption until Hugill got going. We've also paid loan fees on players that didnt make the grade. If we got another Wells or Hugill it would hinder the development of Dykes, who I think we'll eventually sell for £15m+

Now we have some transfer some from the Eze sale we need to buy our own players and leave loans alone.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    I agree with the opening poster and we need reinforcements in defence, midfield and an upfront. Cameron(over the top) , Amos missing, and Dykes too often away with Scotland highlights the need. What it also higlights is Warburton`s naivety in some ways

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    I take your point about good loans, but many on here agree with the club and feel that loans don’t work out well.

I agree that one or two loans of good quality players like Wilson would help QPR pick up enough points between now and January (should they be recalled like Wells) to make all the difference in the final table. For me mixing permanent deals with a few loans is the right way to go about it.
    The problem is quality loans don’t come cheap , Cardiff are reported to have paid a million pound loan fee for Wilson from Liverpool . I don’t think we could justify that kind of outlay in the current environment.I think we have done decent business this window apart from the left back position. We all knew Manning was off but we haven’t replaced him , unless the club believes Nico is the answer to that problem.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    I really thought we would have brought in a couple of loans in defense and would have been very happy about it, could have given us a little more to go with until we sign to improve again.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    I take your point about good loans, but many on here agree with the club and feel that loans don’t work out well.

I agree that one or two loans of good quality players like Wilson would help QPR pick up enough points between now and January (should they be recalled like Wells) to make all the difference in the final table. For me mixing permanent deals with a few loans is the right way to go about it.

Leave a comment:

• qprmarc
    started a topic Loan phobia

Loan phobia

Personally don’t understand warburtons issue with bringing in loan players. There was/are plenty of talented players that we realistically could not afford to buy so why not loan them, who cares as long as they pick up points for the team and help us progress. Without the likes of wells and hugill last season we would have probably been in league 1 now , is frustrating seeing other teams in the league picking up points through the loan players they’ve brought in which are undoubtedly more talented than the permanent players we have currently . He needs to change his ways and look at the bigger picture as with a few of the players that have gone on loan to other clubs we probably could have been sat a lot higher up the table by now
Working...
X