X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by gator View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic about the state of our club now and moving forward, the FFP thing as much as I think it was a farce has forced us to get our house in order which may not be a bad thing given the state of football during a pandemic! I agree with the OP about the Premier League, it's just not much fun but of course our goal has to be to get back there, it should be an interesting and hopefully enjoyable season ahead filled with highs and lows!
    A few 'honest pros' in the squad and possible transfer profits in the future from the likes Dykes, Dickie, Dieng, Masterson, BOS and Kakay.

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    I'm cautiously optimistic about the state of our club now and moving forward, the FFP thing as much as I think it was a farce has forced us to get our house in order which may not be a bad thing given the state of football during a pandemic! I agree with the OP about the Premier League, it's just not much fun but of course our goal has to be to get back there, it should be an interesting and hopefully enjoyable season ahead filled with highs and lows!

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
    I think it's been our best transfer window in years. Yes it's too early to tell exactly how good (or bad) some players are going to be, but we seem to have bought some potentially great signings.
    I wish we would be more open about fees payed for players, it's always "undisclosed". It just seems a bit cloak and dagger to me.

I think your assumption about other teams financial difficulties is correct. It's going to be an interesting season, and I think it should benefit us. It's hard to tell how much impact "no crowds" will have on our club, we cannot just dismiss this issue, but the mere fact we have spent some of the Eze money on players, leads me to believe that the board has factored in match day losses going forward.
    I think the thing about undisclosed fees is that the fee doesn’t tell the full story . There are so many clauses in contracts these days you would need to explain every detail involved . For instance the Manning deal may well be £250k upfront but it may go higher depending on appearances , promotions, sell on fees etc. so it is never one set fee. Makes it easier for clubs to just say undisclosed.

Leave a comment:

• Darkranger
    replied
    I think it's been our best transfer window in years. Yes it's too early to tell exactly how good (or bad) some players are going to be, but we seem to have bought some potentially great signings.
    I wish we would be more open about fees payed for players, it's always "undisclosed". It just seems a bit cloak and dagger to me.

I think your assumption about other teams financial difficulties is correct. It's going to be an interesting season, and I think it should benefit us. It's hard to tell how much impact "no crowds" will have on our club, we cannot just dismiss this issue, but the mere fact we have spent some of the Eze money on players, leads me to believe that the board has factored in match day losses going forward.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Agree shaggs .... especially with the var.

Leave a comment:

• shaggy24
    started a topic Moving in right direction

Moving in right direction

With Covid doing long term financial damage to football and society in general and various options being banged about to assist clubs, I thought id say that given the restart period to conclude last season and the new restart I think the club did really well. We all knew Eze would go and possibly Bos but we moved Eze on with plenty of time to get in a Willock, Albert Dykes Amos etc. Some have been on here banging on about the Bees yep they have had a more success in recent years however they move Benrahma on at last minute .com ok got more funds but theres a lot of football between now and next window opening that period could ruin your season if you fluff it up.

Les and co have taken a fair bit of cop on here over the years some deserved id say but credit where its due we have got our act together got a plan and hoping the club see it through continue in finding the lower league talent polish them up and keep the club on a solid platform that should we get to go up, its worth noting until the prem get rid of Var id rather not bother cash great but its ruined the game to the point of its become a farce but thats another topic.

I posted on yesterdays match thread I can see some even with parachute payments going to struggle as Bournemouth did what we did paid ridiculous fees wages and look to be in a mess manager gone unknown in charge may work but its more likely to go belly up. Lets hope we can prosper whilst others suffer from over stretching like we have been made to do. Although ive no desire to see any club fold as its the fans that suffer the clubs that flaunt like Weds Derby etc must be crapping it with no fans inside stadiums that are refinanced and stadia used in inappropriate financial ways.
Working...
X