Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainrod
    replied
    This was Mannings choice to run his contract down so the club did well to get him out and get a fee , even if it’s not a big one . Swansea have got themselves a bargain but it’s quite telling there was no other interest even at that price.We got the same bargain when we got Freeman for £300k when he was running his contract down at Bristol City . Swings and roundabouts, we move on .

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    He's a weasel. Hopefully we'll close the border soon and throw the Welsh teams out of the league for failing to fulfil their fixtures and Manning will be trapped in the valleys in a social bubble with John Hartson and forced to accept a wage cut. Karma isn't it Boyo!?

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Anything above a £1m transfer in staged payments is a great deal if he wanted out. I would say that the players we've brought in on free transfers are equally as good, but time will tell. All this talk of £5m was just fantasy when there weren't any premier league teams in for him. I hope he does well and we have a decent sell on clause.

I'm not sure why he's getting pelters though. Hes played out of position without any moaning and moved in part to earn more money. I've moved companies for more cash and im sure many on this MB have done the same. He served the club well, did his best, didnt cause any trouble and wanted a deal better than we could offer. Such is life.....

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Not got what he is worth though and that's down to him and his agent.
    Hoping a nice long injury befalls him
    We don’t know what the fee was as it was undisclosed, all we are hearing it was anything from £250k to £2mil, all guessing & going by fans

Leave a comment:

• MYU
    replied
    I never rated him as most did, he didn't want to be here and whatever we got for him was a good deal.

I'd rather get something and get rid, then him sitting on the bench wasting our money.

Smart move by the club.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    C'mon. He's average, competent is best description I feel - easily replaceable. He might have looked better than he was purely because we have had some right plodders over past few years so by comparison Manning looked slightly better. We won't miss him at all, we have a bit of money in for a player who could walk away for free in several months and his wages are off the books..... maybe all that will add up to us being able to offer BOS some enticing improved terms?

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied
    I wouldn't just dismiss him, I genuinely don't know who he is though. If he's on social media I wouldn't really have taken any notice of him. Too many kn0bs about on Tw@tter these days.

As for the fee, we just don't know. Figures quoted from a couple of hundred K and 5m. I suspect it's somewhere in the middle and spread across a number of payments. He's not a particularly outstanding talent and in the last year of his contract so it's probably about right IMO.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
    Really. Who's he?

In any event he's perfectly entitled to move on for more money at the end of his contract. Good for the club that we got a fee for him too.

buffsheep.jpg
    Not got what he is worth though and that's down to him and his agent.
    Hoping a nice long injury befalls him

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Go look him up, Buff.
    If you don't know who he is don't dismiss him as some sort of stirring fool.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied
    Really. Who's he?

In any event he's perfectly entitled to move on for more money at the end of his contract. Good for the club that we got a fee for him too.

buffsheep.jpg

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Sean Gallagher quoted him Sheep.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied
    Not sure I agree with you Dave. All we know is that he didn't want to sign a new contract and obviously wanted to move on.

I've seen the word mercenary used but I don't recall ever seeing anything beyond wild speculation that he wanted more money - just that he didn't want to to sign a new contract. That's something he is perfectly entitled to do whatever his motives. If he didn't want to play LB any more then it's MW/the club that are to blame for him going, not him.

I think he's a pretty good player at this level but too inconsistent. I really don't think he'll be missed that much so not at all upset at his leaving.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Always liked Manning.
    Apparently he felt he had "outgrown" QPR......
    ####in Billy big ######## little #### is dead to me now.
    Hope it all goes #### up in Wales.
    Good riddance to him, defended him when others abused him.
    Don't want his like at Rangers

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Exactly. Regularly played out of his favoured position here. Would explain his willingness to leave (acting like a a mercenary, wasn't an ideal way to leave though).
    I agree.
    he is a midfielder who rarely got a chance to play there.
    I can’t believe some of the comments on here about him. Yes, he (or more likely his agent) could have perhaps handled his contract talks better , but no way is he a bang average player. He has good ability at passing , crossing and tackling and has a decent shot . These are many of the good attributes for s midfielder. I’d rather have had him in our midfield than Amos.

Good luck to him at Swansea where he will most likely thrive in a midfield role.

Leave a comment:

• Darkranger
    replied
    Originally posted by 3London View Post
    everyone is assuming that Swansea will play Manning at Left back - Maybe they have just signed a pretty decent Left sided Midfielder ? a position we should have played him rather than making a square peg fit a round hole. He was always a midfielder who was made to play left back. Maybe that's why he wanted to leave.
    Exactly. Regularly played out of his favoured position here. Would explain his willingness to leave (acting like a a mercenary, wasn't an ideal way to leave though).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X