X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qpr4life
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yes, or for the same price of a loan package buy young talented lad from some cash strapped L1/L2 team. Always better to develop your own than someone else's player.
    Deffo. Key for me is, I'd happily do it if the player will 100% bring us that extra something, but not at a price that breaks the bank to a point where 1 or 2 players could come in on a perm.

It's a hard happy medium, I know Warbs doesnt like loans, he's actually against them. Which I get. Also we are now in a very different financial place and moving forward nicely.

Well's upsets me the most, though his price was TOOO MUCH!!

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

For where? I would rather develop what we have, that rely on two huge loans like Hugil and Wells. (Who I loved and did well for us...)

But it isn't sustainable
    Yes, or for the same price of a loan package buy young talented lad from some cash strapped L1/L2 team. Always better to develop your own than someone else's player.

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

I'm still hoping we bring in a couple of really tidy Loans.
    For where? I would rather develop what we have, that rely on two huge loans like Hugil and Wells. (Who I loved and did well for us...)

But it isn't sustainable

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    commented on 's reply

But it isn't sustainable

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Saw a video of the lad on qprdot.org and I have to say he reminds me of a young Wayne Rooney. He looks a very powerful young man and more than capable of handling the championship. If we landed him I very much doubt he'd be loaned to the Essex Mafia.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

There is a 25man squad this season so might have shift some fairly quick as we are over that limit now

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    It's not just about quantity. The 1st XI needs to have someone dependable/reliable in every position. I think we're short in 3 areas but maybe I'm being too optimistic in thinking an average Championship side can fill every position with a good player and at our level I have to accept we'll have a few first teamers who aren't necessarily top-drawer.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    It's not just about quantity. The 1st XI needs to have someone dependable/reliable in every position. I think we're short in 3 areas but maybe I'm being too optimistic in thinking an average Championship side can fill every position with a good player and at our level I have to accept we'll have a few first teamers who aren't necessarily top-drawer.

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Oh Cameron. I love the way people consider him a utility player. He is pretty damn awful in his main role as a defensive midfielder who's legs have well and truely gone let alone putting him down as a potential centre half filling in type of player
    Should I just pretended he wasn't here then? I simply said.. 'he's considered as a CB...' which he is.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mem View Post
    I think we should sign him and loan him straight back. That may help get the deal over the line
    Agree.
    we could probably manage with Dykes and Bone given we play with 1 striker most matches. Another option might be to offer them Oteh in part exchange.
    Or perhaps Smyth as part of the deal, especially if MW is not going to play him.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Oh Cameron. I love the way people consider him a utility player. He is pretty damn awful in his main role as a defensive midfielder who's legs have well and truely gone let alone putting him down as a potential centre half filling in type of player
    I couldn't agree more about him as a CB.
    QPR will need more than 3 CBs during the next 3 months of 2 games per week and the Christmas schedule.
    I know Kakay can play there too, but that then leaves a way back in for Kane at RB and he is truly dreadful in that position.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    CB we have

- Barbet
    - Dickie
    - Materson
    - Cameron (if required)

So, the issue is the tactics / settling them in for me, rather than buying a new CB.

LB we currently have

Wallace
    Niko
    Manning

Should Manning leave, we need a new first choice LB.

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    Can he play left back? looks a bit short for a centre half! - Are we going for the we need to score 3 goals a game policy?

Does MW have some sort of blind spot about our woeful defending?

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Sounds like he might actually be on route.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X