X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Eh? It's the worst idea ever.... He's out of contract at end of season. Loaning him out is madness - if he performs well he can just sign for any club who wants him and leave us in the lurch. We cannot loan him out unless he first extends his contract here. There is the possibility the club don't rate him and just want shot of him I suppose so loaning him out for last months of his contract does make sense in that scenario. But, if he has a future here he needs to stay put and be part of our squad this season.
    Yes, but there hasn't been any indication yet that he has a future. If they're undecided then extend by a year and put him out on loan. If they want to go in another direction then loan him out so another club can put up some of his wages and we can bring in better quality before the transfer window ends. I suspects Nico's situation partly depends on whether Manning stays or goes.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied

Eh? It's the worst idea ever.... He's out of contract at end of season. Loaning him out is madness - if he performs well he can just sign for any club who wants him and leave us in the lurch. We cannot loan him out unless he first extends his contract here. There is the possibility the club don't rate him and just want shot of him I suppose so loaning him out for last months of his contract does make sense in that scenario. But, if he has a future here he needs to stay put and be part of our squad this season.
    I agree. If he is valued then extend his contract by 2 years and either loan him out until January or give him a few appearances (maybe start with some last 15 minutes sub appearances).

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

Agreed. Lumley didn't have a great deal to do but what he did he did well. He was protected quite well but he also deserves credit for the clean sheet. Hopefully we can get one or two more and confidence will rise further.
    Agreed. I was really pleased he performed well enough to earn the clean sheet with his positioning and catching crosses. Also for his part assist with the first goal.

Hopefully a few more performances and results like this will build his confidence and we might see the 2018 version of him.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied

It was a good result and performance over all Dave but (without wishing to take anything away from the team) we did ride our luck at times again. Grabban had a bit of a shocker in front of goal, thankfully.

Fine margins in the Championship these days.
    I was thinking the same about Grabban and his misses during that game.
    Had they been converted, as he often does, then the result would habe been very different.

Tbh, I prefer a solid left back who can defend rather than an attacking one when playing 4 at the back. So Wallace for me. It would be good to see how Hamalainen would perform before selling Manning and the window closes.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied

I was being to diplomatic there.. I saw him play for Finland and he impressed me.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post

This sounds plausible.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Wallace is 33yrs now and his contract is up next summer. So we have 12 months to sort out a LB and back up.

Perhaps Nico will go out on loan with a view to potentially being first choice LB next season if he does well?
    This sounds plausible.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    From what I have seen of Hemalainen he is looking the part but that`s just me. Hovever,If we go three at the back I presume Barbet can cover that position partly.
    Wallace is 33yrs now and his contract is up next summer. So we have 12 months to sort out a LB and back up.

Perhaps Nico will go out on loan with a view to potentially being first choice LB next season if he does well?

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    From what I have seen of Hemalainen he is looking the part but that`s just me. Hovever,If we go three at the back I presume Barbet can cover that position partly.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied

Yes. Could've been quite different if Grabban had his spectacles on. Thing is, the general level of finishing in Championship is pretty poor so you can get away with a bit of slackness in your defending and not get punished for it. Obviously it'd be best not to make mistakes or switch-off at the back but as yesterday showed, it's not necessarily catastrophic if you do. Also, I thought Lumley contributed to their misses with his positioning and presence - I thought he had a decent game without actually making saves if that makes sense???
    Agreed. Lumley didn't have a great deal to do but what he did he did well. He was protected quite well but he also deserves credit for the clean sheet. Hopefully we can get one or two more and confidence will rise further.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Hsmalainen's contract is up next summer and I havent heard anything to suggest we are in negotiations with him to extend that. But we are with other players in a similar situation.

Even in the absence of left footed Manning yesterday he never made the match day squad. It would lead me to think that other LB cover will be sought and NH will go out on loan for the remainder of his contract.

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    I agree with all those saying Wallace was solid yesterday, I like most of what he did last season btw, we do need some cover there whether Hemalainen is up to it or not, we need a younger version of Rangel who can cover either side of the defence!

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Well if he can step up like Kakay has on the opposite wing then brilliant. But hes hardly had any first team opportunities so if he's rated then get him in the squad. If not, then sell him.
    No. Develop him further..

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied

It was a good result and performance over all Dave but (without wishing to take anything away from the team) we did ride our luck at times again. Grabban had a bit of a shocker in front of goal, thankfully.

Fine margins in the Championship these days.
    Yes. Could've been quite different if Grabban had his spectacles on. Thing is, the general level of finishing in Championship is pretty poor so you can get away with a bit of slackness in your defending and not get punished for it. Obviously it'd be best not to make mistakes or switch-off at the back but as yesterday showed, it's not necessarily catastrophic if you do. Also, I thought Lumley contributed to their misses with his positioning and presence - I thought he had a decent game without actually making saves if that makes sense???

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Hemalainen needs to be given a chance to show us what he can do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X