• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree.
    The money we receive has to help in some way to replace the outgoing player with a similar or better quality if the club are to make progress.
    in Smithies case he wasn’t and our goals against record is proof of that.
    Freeman has not been replaced although Eze and Chair have in effect stepped up to replace him.

Now we have to replace Eze and still need to replace Smithies and a few other positions need improvement if we are to progress.

Good luck to Freeman at Forest but hope he doesn’t have a good game against us on the opening day!
    To be fair you are asking a lot to replace quality players that leave the club with similar or better quality players with less money to spend on them .What the club are doing (rightly in my opinion)is identify young talented players that they feel they can improve and hopefully sell on at a profit again .

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Fees are largely irrelevant if we fail to replace the outgoing players with players of at least similar ability. Smithies is a case in point... we are still crying out for a keeper despite all that moolah we've pulled in over past couple of seasons. Yeah, I know this window is still open but blimey, we need to get some very decent players in pretty darn quick or we'll be the most solvent club of the 3 relegated teams in 2021.
    I agree.
    The money we receive has to help in some way to replace the outgoing player with a similar or better quality if the club are to make progress.
    in Smithies case he wasn’t and our goals against record is proof of that.
    Freeman has not been replaced although Eze and Chair have in effect stepped up to replace him.

Now we have to replace Eze and still need to replace Smithies and a few other positions need improvement if we are to progress.

Good luck to Freeman at Forest but hope he doesn’t have a good game against us on the opening day!

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Think he has one...but zipped up
    It's the start of my plan for world domination

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    Originally posted by qpr View Post
    You’re a************
    sdlewis rattled by the simplest of things
    Last edited by SheepRanger; 30-08-2020, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Get yer whistle
    Think he has one...but zipped up

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

No.
    A 'Referee' only so only light duties!!
    Get yer whistle

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Are you now a mod?
    No.
    A 'Referee' only so only light duties!!

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    According to transfermarket we sold Freeman for £5m and Smithies for £3.6m

Neither player made it in the Premier League and were pretty much unused subs or squad players. So in hindsight we got fantastic money for both of them.

In 18/19 we brought in £8.5m in transfer sales and now £16m this season. Even with a realistic budget we probably need to make a £5m profit every season in player sales to break even. Looking at the squad right now we look every capable of doing that by either selling our own former academy players or selling on players we've bought from lower leagues.
    Are you now a mod?

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Fees are largely irrelevant if we fail to replace the outgoing players with players of at least similar ability. Smithies is a case in point... we are still crying out for a keeper despite all that moolah we've pulled in over past couple of seasons. Yeah, I know this window is still open but blimey, we need to get some very decent players in pretty darn quick or we'll be the most solvent club of the 3 relegated teams in 2021.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    commented on 's reply
    Best not to rise to these comments from QPR. Leave it to the Moderators and Referees on this MB. Try and ignore such comments

• SheepRanger
    commented on 's reply
    No more personal insults or posters will be facing bans. Your posts are now on watch.
    Last edited by SheepRanger; 29-08-2020, 04:04 PM.

• Darkranger
    replied
    You’re a c+!t Strangerod.

Why anybody would post this comment without any objectivity whatsoever. Is beyond me, I find myself laughing at its banality.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    That post kind of sums you up fella , it must hurt when the rubbish you post constantly gets picked apart .

Leave a comment:

• qpr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• QPROslo
    replied
    For whatever it might be worth:

When we bought Freeman his value on Transfermarkt was £400.000 and we paid £350.000
    When we sold Freeman his value on Transfermarkt was 3.5m and we received £5.6m

I would say it was a good piece of business.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X