Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qprtanpa1
    replied
    Lumley's best game in the past two months was when we kept our first clean sheet -- we played with two strikers, and Lumley kicked all goal kicks upfield. Don't get the MW stubbornness here; great coaches adapt to the quality of the players they have, versus forcing the players they have to adapt to a system they can't handle. Moving forward, Les and MW can recruit faster, more talented defenders and a more veteran GK. Today, stop messing around. Lumley needs confidence, and playing from the back has shot it all to hell.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Unfortunately mark is a risk taker. He has admitted to taking a day traders approach to football. That is why we di ck around with it at the back because he thinks its more risk rewarding. He should also know that you also have to cut loses yet he doesn't seem to take this approach. Great to watch all these goals at both end, but we certainly won't gain any success like this with some good wks and bad ones

Leave a comment:

• rodman
    replied
    He's not much of a keeper either.

Leave a comment:

• hoopsmanjake
    replied
    We can't play from back Saturday proved that. Putting our selves in trouble every time. Lumley is a goal keeper for a reason. He is not a ball player

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Watched Man U v Everton. EFC played 4-4-2 and totally ignored playing out from the back - Pickford just booted everything up the pitch. It worked reasonably well and achieved far more than fannying about trying to play ticky-tacca nonsense in your own box with lummoxes like Mina and Kean. I reckon they won 50% of Pickford's punts up field and they won half of the second balls after Utd had won the initial ball....... All in all, none of Pickford's big boots upfield resulted in any serious threat of damage or counter-attack back onto EFC. Indeed, many of the kicks served as a foundation for EFC possession and attacks.
    I found it all very refreshing to watch and I wish to God Warburton would just ditch his obsession with asking our GK and defence to persist with playing out from the back, particularly given that none of them appear comfortable or any good at doing it.

​​​​​​
    Everton fans will put up with that for now because they are fighting relegation and fans favourite Ferguson is in charge.When Allardyce was there and played like that they wanted him sacked .

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    Play that way and we need to resign big Matt smith or another lump. ... Hugill don't win enough .. I hated watching that football

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    started a topic Playing out from the back

Playing out from the back

Watched Man U v Everton. EFC played 4-4-2 and totally ignored playing out from the back - Pickford just booted everything up the pitch. It worked reasonably well and achieved far more than fannying about trying to play ticky-tacca nonsense in your own box with lummoxes like Mina and Kean. I reckon they won 50% of Pickford's punts up field and they won half of the second balls after Utd had won the initial ball....... All in all, none of Pickford's big boots upfield resulted in any serious threat of damage or counter-attack back onto EFC. Indeed, many of the kicks served as a foundation for EFC possession and attacks.
    I found it all very refreshing to watch and I wish to God Warburton would just ditch his obsession with asking our GK and defence to persist with playing out from the back, particularly given that none of them appear comfortable or any good at doing it.

​​​​​​
Working...
X