Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abseits
    replied
    I wondered why Hall was suddenly fit and managing a few games without breaking down...... penny has dropped now though.

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    Originally posted by 3London View Post
    indeed - i reckon Manning or Eze will go in this Jan window - maybe with a loan back?

We have replacements for Manning and Chair could become the new eze.

Play off this season is not a realistic goal - although a possibility!

The club will probably want to cash in on one of them.

But with our history of selling cheaply i am worried we will not get anything like what we think they are worth.
    Not a chance chair can replace eze based on this season. He's been poor and not contributed anything of note. Needs to test the keeper more as his shooting is prob his strongest asset. Still young and lots of time to prove his worth but if we are expecting him to fill ezes shoes then it's going to be a hard task.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill View Post

That's really cool,may I ask who Micky Barber?
    I will ask if I can disclose. Ironic thing is I have known him as a client for probably over five years. Works in music and I also like my music and spoken numerous times about that but never football but it came up yesterday after he mentioned watching BOS's goal. Don't think he was well known (hence my never clicking) but turns out he grew up near the ground and was with us a little while in div 3 days, late 50s, early 60s. Knew he was sporty but has mainly talked about rugby in the past. I Googled him after lunch (although didn't have time to look too much) and his music industry profile came up but not Rs link. I'll maybe look further over weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Most clubs have players in this position. Not a uniquely QPR thing.

Had lunch with a former QPR player today from way back in the early 60s, don't think well known. Had a lot of good things to say about Les' commitment and how he lives and breathes the job etc. As I have said in the past Les has conducted himself well, took on a hell of a job and it takes time to build something. After a lot of **** there are some good signs things are starting to come together at last.
    That's really cool,may I ask who Micky Barber?

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Thank gawd for that davie, hope you're right

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Do we have options on these players?
    Can't believe we just allow contracts to run to this point
    Usually do on the younger players. Cameron has one also.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    January is only two weeks away. Nico, BOS, Hall and Manning are in the last months of their contracts. Any progress re-discussions? I like to keep all four.
    Do we have options on these players?
    Can't believe we just allow contracts to run to this point

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Most clubs have players in this position. Not a uniquely QPR thing.

Had lunch with a former QPR player today from way back in the early 60s, don't think well known. Had a lot of good things to say about Les' commitment and how he lives and breathes the job etc. As I have said in the past Les has conducted himself well, took on a hell of a job and it takes time to build something. After a lot of **** there are some good signs things are starting to come together at last.

Leave a comment:

• qpr
    replied
    But but but qpr is wrong, he calls Les Ferdinand clueless without reason

No, I am right again. This is how we lost Charlie Austin (19 premier league goals) for PENNIES. Smithies who imo is a top end Championship goalie for peanuts & many others for cheap

BOS, though I don’t rate him others do & can commends a decent fee

Manning is getting premier league attention & we are in this situation

We should never be in this situation but we have clueless Les Ferdinand. Who In summary is a bumbling idiot

LES OUT

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Dear Santa
    i'd like to keep them all, especially the latter 3 and would try and persuade them to sign new contracts asap. if necessary they could be sold whilst on new contracts.

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    indeed - i reckon Manning or Eze will go in this Jan window - maybe with a loan back?

We have replacements for Manning and Chair could become the new eze.

Play off this season is not a realistic goal - although a possibility!

The club will probably want to cash in on one of them.

But with our history of selling cheaply i am worried we will not get anything like what we think they are worth.

Leave a comment:

• Martinmalta
    started a topic Contracts situation 2

Contracts situation 2

January is only two weeks away. Nico, BOS, Hall and Manning are in the last months of their contracts. Any progress re-discussions? I like to keep all four.
Working...
X