Lumley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
    In the interests of balance........ Our defence is attempting to play in a fashion that requires a level of skill and confidence above any needed by any Rangers team I’ve ever seen - and that goes back to the days of Rodney and Stan. To play that way, Not only do we need a footballer that can play in goal, but also defenders with the ability to pass like a playmaker. Is there any keeper we have ever had who could play that way? Or central defender? Whilst Lumley is costing us, the blame needs to be shared. Also, presumably Kelly is still injured. Anyone seen anything of Dieng at Doncaster. Could he be the answer?
    But this is ghe way that Warburton wants the team to play, so in fairness, it is he who should be blamed because for asking the players to play a style that they are not comfortable or capable of playing.

Comment

If you were a keeper playing with that defence in front of you I think I'd be nervous.

Comment

Feel sorry for Lumley. Friday night showed the difference a good keeper makes. Fulhams keeper kept them in the game where as ours cost us the game.

Comment

Stoke game? You mean when Lumley played an eye of the needle pass during our goal of the season so far??

Comment

My advice to Lumley: grow a pair. Start barking from the back, distribute with conviction, challenge for corners and breakaways like your life depended on it. We've seen NONE of this for a season of games now, and no amount of training and/or seasoning is going to change this until you look in the mirror and say -- for all to hear -- you will no longer tolerate mediocrity from yourself or anyone around you.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              My advice to Lumley: grow a pair. Start barking from the back, distribute with conviction, challenge for corners and breakaways like your life depended on it. We've seen NONE of this for a season of games now, and no amount of training and/or seasoning is going to change this until you look in the mirror and say -- for all to hear -- you will no longer tolerate mediocrity from yourself or anyone around you.
              This. I still feel there is a good keeper somewhere in there...
              Last edited by Shania; 24-11-2019, 05:23 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

watched a game today , the keeper was vocal and marshalled his defence , never hear from our joe and he always has a nervous body language about him

Comment

loan him our for a season and bring in an experienced keeper instead. We cannot keep carrying the most important player in a team while devoloping his skills. He is destroying the team confidence.

Comment

He had 7 clean sheets this time last year and we were all singing his praises.......... but I guess that's the price of progress !

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      He is destroying the team confidence.
                      That is utter nonsense. If anyone is killing confidence it is the manager making players play in a way that they are not able to.

But we are not allowed to criticise him.....

Comment

When playing out from the back you need speed , speed of thought and accuracy we don't have this so will continue to get caught...

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          When playing out from the back you need speed , speed of thought and accuracy we don't have this so will continue to get caught...
                          Exactly this. Part of our slowness in the back has to do with not thinking ahead. Lumley in particular. This is something the coaches can actually practice, literally armed with stopwatches to infuse the defense with a never-ending sense of urgency.

Comment

Can't we loan a good GK?

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

Exactly this. Part of our slowness in the back has to do with not thinking ahead. Lumley in particular. This is something the coaches can actually practice, literally armed with stopwatches to infuse the defense with a never-ending sense of urgency.
                              Or, like any sensible coach/manager, you could simply switch to a style that the players have the ability to play to.

Comment

All he had to do is clear it high and long.

Comment

Working...
                                X