X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

And deadwood who ran their contracts down under Olly & SM have now left the club, and those who didnt put in a shift or were not good enough have had their contracts terminated. It's too simplistic to compare previous
    seasons with this one.

MW has done a fantastic job and some of the players he is now benefitting from were developed by previous managers and coaching staff.
    Is early doors but can compare. Style of play far more defined than under previous managers. Not saying it's perfect as evidenced by our lack of clean sheets but there seems a clear plan, some flexibility where needed and not afraid to change personnel around a bit.

Under SM as soon as things went sour was like a rabbit in headlights and team lost confidence quickly. Ollie no real plan. Team in the main set up poorly then whack Matt Smith on and launch balls at him. JFH no better. In fact nobody has done anything much manager wise since Warnock. All been a disappointment.

Do agree on deadwood leaving making a difference. Decks cleared for MW but have to say our summer recruitment was outstanding. Youngsters also doing well under him mainly. Nice to see Chair and Manning as regulars. Eze so far so good.

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Barbet isn't a good defender. Might look the part passing the ball around when he has time and space but defensively he's not got a clue. Seems to get caught as last man a lot which means he's too slow to see what's about to happen and has no pace to recover his error. The penalties he's given away are always showing him being caught wrong side of his man and a rushed last ditch tackle shows his lack of ability to read the game. Hall, leistner and Cameron should be our 3 centre backs. If it's 2 then hall and leistner.
    I think he is a good player as I said. Started badly but has got better each game.

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Barbet looks a good player to me.
    Happy to be "stuck" with him tbh.
    Barbet isn't a good defender. Might look the part passing the ball around when he has time and space but defensively he's not got a clue. Seems to get caught as last man a lot which means he's too slow to see what's about to happen and has no pace to recover his error. The penalties he's given away are always showing him being caught wrong side of his man and a rushed last ditch tackle shows his lack of ability to read the game. Hall, leistner and Cameron should be our 3 centre backs. If it's 2 then hall and leistner.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Difference between last season and under Ollie is this team seem happy, full of confidence and are properly allowed to express themselves. Under SM very defensive and at times painful to watch trying to go forwards. Under Ollie complete chaos most of the time.

The true test will be when we do go on a bad run how MW pulls it around. I have a sneaky feeling he will as so many of the players seem genuinely happy to be here and love the style of play. Both his predecessors struggled to turn things around after bad runs.

The team seems to be in the right place and it has been a depressing number of years since I last thought that.
    And deadwood who ran their contracts down under Olly & SM have now left the club, and those who didnt put in a shift or were not good enough have had their contracts terminated. It's too simplistic to compare previous
    seasons with this one.

MW has done a fantastic job and some of the players he is now benefitting from were developed by previous managers and coaching staff.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Difference between last season and under Ollie is this team seem happy, full of confidence and are properly allowed to express themselves. Under SM very defensive and at times painful to watch trying to go forwards. Under Ollie complete chaos most of the time.

The true test will be when we do go on a bad run how MW pulls it around. I have a sneaky feeling he will as so many of the players seem genuinely happy to be here and love the style of play. Both his predecessors struggled to turn things around after bad runs.

The team seems to be in the right place and it has been a depressing number of years since I last thought that.

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
    I'd stick Wallace in now and pray hall stays fit but that won't happen. So we are stuck with barbet until next year when hopefully we try again for McKenna.
    Barbet looks a good player to me.
    Happy to be "stuck" with him tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    I agree manning has been very good but defensively he's not great. Wallace was brought in by Warburton to be first choice left back and I think he will put him in soon enough. Wallace was prob told he would be getting regular game time after missing so many at rangers in last 2 years. He didn't move all the way to London to sit and watch a midfielder keep his spot. Not saying Ryan should be dropped at all but I reckon Wallace will be put in sooner rather than later. Only way both may play will be if Wallace plays in back 3 with manning left wing back.

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    manning been good , wells been great look at the shift he puts in... eze fabulous in patches but would like to see him a further up the field. chair great effort

Leave a comment:

• Mem
    replied
    Our bad form last year coincided with long term injuries to Angel, Cameron, Hemed and Luongo not available

It’s as simple as that in my view. We didn’t have the back up to cope without 4 key players

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

We are conceding because we are so open with our attacking play, but also maybe because our goalkeepers have not been great. However, there really isn't any need to moan about what we have seen so far. We are being entertained for sure and picking up points along the way.

I'm Happy with where we are.

I wasnt sure if we'd be in a dog fight from day one or picking up the occasional win. Right now we're in the promotion chase, which is incredible.

Had we got the CB we may well have been looking in further ahead, who knows. Perhaps that's why MW actually saved his dosh for one. Either way, we're doing more than we expected.

Not sure it's just down to GK's personally.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
    1. Wouldnt drop Manning, odd call that'd be. He's been arguably our best player. Especially with his assets.
    2. It's similar to last season in which we was on a good run now until Christmas, that said we started awful last year then again only won 3 time from Jan until the end of the season.

It's hard to compare as you never know, it may happen again. It's strange as to why we are conceding as many. Too many pens, thats for sure.
    We are conceding because we are so open with our attacking play, but also maybe because our goalkeepers have not been great. However, there really isn't any need to moan about what we have seen so far. We are being entertained for sure and picking up points along the way.

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    1. Wouldnt drop Manning, odd call that'd be. He's been arguably our best player. Especially with his assets.
    2. It's similar to last season in which we was on a good run now until Christmas, that said we started awful last year then again only won 3 time from Jan until the end of the season.

It's hard to compare as you never know, it may happen again. It's strange as to why we are conceding as many. Too many pens, thats for sure.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Manning has been more like a wing back so can't blame him for our non existent clean sheets.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied
    Agree. Instrumental in a couple of the goals yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I may have missed it, but Wallace is a left back but what is wrong with Manning? I think he has been very good and gets up and down well doing decent work in the process.
    Agree - Manning has done little wrong - in fact has been one of our better players this season

Leave a comment:

Working...
X