• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Did we trade Jude again?

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Ha i can think of one if he had had wells and hemed in his squad and hes left the buiding last season
    Did we trade Jude again?

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Would love to see a World class manager try and do better with the squad SMC has got. Personally don't think anyone could get this lot above 16th at best.
    Ha i can think of one if he had had wells and hemed in his squad and hes left the buiding last season

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    Yep. That approach has really worked well at Ipswich, Villa. Stoke etc.
    I bet Steve Bruce will get Sheffield Wednesday up the table though.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Would love to see a World class manager try and do better with the squad SMC has got. Personally don't think anyone could get this lot above 16th at best.

Leave a comment:

• Steve_Mac_Fan
    replied
    I don’t mind Steve getting stick for a bad sub here and there etc but to say his brain isn’t fresh is unjust for me. He’s a very very healthy man. He’s of sharp mind and fit as a fiddle, cycling swimming etc. I think he’s a better manager now than he’s ever been for all his experiences and we need to rely on him to get us out of this. He needs more time, more of his own ideas and players. Very interesting to hear they haven’t trained properly for 3/4 weeks because of the fixture pile up and we know his strength is the grass and examples of this is wins immediately after international breaks. He won’t panic he’s seen all this before and needs everyone to stay calm with him

Leave a comment:

• loftbalcony
    replied
    Hodgson done alright at Leicester yesterday and man City a few weeks back, not bad for the oldest prem manager ever, just saying.....

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

That we weren't good enough and accept we are in a terrible run(Our worst in many many years,maybe decades ),just stop saying how close we are after every defeat
    Having slept on it, I think I agree with you, Rebel R`s. .

Leave a comment:

• Qprtanpa1
    replied
    Agree that the manager has to sometimes call a loss for what it was -- crap -- and pledge to do better moving forward. Unlike most of our last seven losses, this was was fully deserved. So say it. Best to all Rangers fans...

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    What else can he say??
    That we weren't good enough and accept we are in a terrible run(Our worst in many many years,maybe decades ),just stop saying how close we are after every defeat

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    The starts we are having are putting us on the backfoot, we can't keep coming back from going behind

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    STEVE McClaren is eager to get on the training field and work on his sides defensive mistakes as soon as possible after his sides 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.

QPR will have faced eight sides in 24 days by the time they host Leeds United on Tuesday night.

And that repetitive nature of Saturday/Tuesday has made it difficult for the R’s to work on fixing their problems following a seventh straight Championship defeat.
    This is a tough Middlesbrough team who are going for promotion and you can see why. STEVE MCCLAREN
    “We’ve had seven games in 21 days and another two coming up and that’s not allowing us the time on the training field to iron out the mistakes,” McClaren told www.qpr.co.uk.

“We’ve Leeds on Tuesday and then we have Brentford. Then there’s a week before the next one and personally, I can’t wait for that to get back on the training field because that’s where we can correct these mistakes. In the meantime, we have to have a right go on Tuesday.

“Every team in the Championship can have this sort of run but it’s not nice, it’s horrible going through it.

“It will be the making of character for us though and generally the players have shown resilience in the face of adversity. But we have got to do it again now and not doubt ourselves.”

The R’s boss though wasn’t hiding from the fact that his sides were poor in the opening stages at the Riverside.

QPR were 1-0 down after just two minutes when Jonny Howson took advantage of a ricochet before Ashley Fletcher crashed a second home on 32 minutes.

And McClaren admitted both goals were avoidable against a side who are gunning for promotion.

“The goals were avoidable,” he said. “The chances were avoidable. Once they got two goals up then this is a team that is very strong going for the top two who are strong defensively who don’t let many goals in.

“We knew that and we had good opportunities, balls flashed across and one-on-ones, we had about three chances that we could have scored from. But overall you can’t concede goals as early as we did against a very strong team and expect to win.

“At half-time, we said that we needed to show character and keep a clean sheet and have a right go. I think the players did that but this is a tough Middlesbrough team who are going for promotion and you can see why.”

QPR were without talisman Luke Freeman for the trip to Teesside with the midfielder nursing a slight hip problem.

But McClaren is hopeful of having him back in the week.

He confirmed: “We’re hoping Luke will be available. We missed him today, his creativity. It’s not as bad as we first thought and there’s a chance for Tuesday or next Saturday.”

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    What else can he say??

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    Very annoying to hear his post match comments ,copy and paste "we are so close" !!!

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    One thing thats come out of this atm, is i took up that bet with Hal (billy bleach) as he kept bringing it up and personally pmmed me about it in the end, before trying to get me banned, i was sure i placed the bet with him before our loanees came in, but i couldnt remember, so being a gentleman i kept to the bet but felt i might aswell of passed him the money over straight away, and we placed a £50 bet that hal thought we`d end up higher than last season & me not, tbh was not confident about it at all, but since this really poor run hes disappeared lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X