• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldR
    replied
    Originally posted by Hove Ranger
    Move outside London? F**k off. Not even out of West London
    Totally agree. Being a West London club is the key element of our heritage and if we can't find land in an area which will allow us to remain a West London club we should stay put and accept whatever that may cost us both on and off the pitch.

I would rather be at Loftus Road in the National League with a local derby against Sutton United than at Slough, for example, in the Premier League.

Leave a comment:

• corbray
    replied
    Originally posted by Hove Ranger
    Move outside London? F**k off. Not even out of West London
    what about ealing/kilburn/acton area? prime real estate for a new stadium is nigh on impossible to find in london now.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I think the problem is we are dead set on a multi-purpose site. Something than can incorporate a football stadium, concert venue, retails and business facilities etc. Limits options a little bit I'd guess!
    Agree they need forget the add ons of hotels and housing, as that requires more land, and just find plot for stadium which has improved hospitality and facilities

the site in West Acton/ Park Royal would do the job also with bit of clever thought waste land top South Africa Road by new BBC/TAs could be considered

For me all the added trimmings they want is major blocker. I would also go back Car giant apologie for way we acted previously and say were not after all your land anymore just part big enough for stadium so let’s make it a win win

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Sponsorship of the stadium will bring in a hell of a lot of money.

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    I think the stadium project itself wouldn't be profitable so you would need housing projects alongside. Don't know it that would be possible at Linford Christie area?

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by OldR View Post
    Firstly, the current board are not serious about moving. They occasionally publish some lovely looking pictures and talk about one but it's all done to make the fans happy.
    ​​​​​​
    Secondly, Brentford moved into waste land, both Arsenal and Spurs moved less than a goalkeeper's clearance away with the latter even less distance with some overlap with their previous ground, West Ham were given an all ready built stadium and Chelsea was redevelopment not a new site. Even the last new London club ground before that cluster, The New Den, was built on waste land 100 yards or so from their old stadium.

If we are serious about moving and I am incorrect with my first point, we need to stop making plans for highly contested land and work WITH the council (and neighbouring ones) to identify possibilities. However, the cynic in me suspects the reason why we do always find land with such passionate objections is because of the first point I made.
    I think the problem is we are dead set on a multi-purpose site. Something than can incorporate a football stadium, concert venue, retails and business facilities etc. Limits options a little bit I'd guess!

Leave a comment:

• OldR
    replied
    Firstly, the current board are not serious about moving. They occasionally publish some lovely looking pictures and talk about one but it's all done to make the fans happy.
    ​​​​​​
    Secondly, Brentford moved into waste land, both Arsenal and Spurs moved less than a goalkeeper's clearance away with the latter even less distance with some overlap with their previous ground, West Ham were given an all ready built stadium and Chelsea was redevelopment not a new site. Even the last new London club ground before that cluster, The New Den, was built on waste land 100 yards or so from their old stadium.

If we are serious about moving and I am incorrect with my first point, we need to stop making plans for highly contested land and work WITH the council (and neighbouring ones) to identify possibilities. However, the cynic in me suspects the reason why we do always find land with such passionate objections is because of the first point I made.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    If that is the site available then I assume we have some kind of plan? Assuming the lack of help is due the plans proposed.

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Norths View Post

they would have to buy the houses along ellerslie road, buy the land and most likely relocate the school behind the away end along with the flats next to is as well. Would be a very expensive project.

It would be possible to build a very decent sized stadium there, with corporate facilities, if the above was done but then would it be able to host music events etc being in a built up residential area.
    That multi-purpose could be a problem, Norths. Well, Linford Christie it is then?

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    Why would it not be possible to buy some flats around Loftus Road and build the stadium there?
    they would have to buy the houses along ellerslie road, buy the land and most likely relocate the school behind the away end along with the flats next to is as well. Would be a very expensive project.

It would be possible to build a very decent sized stadium there, with corporate facilities, if the above was done but then would it be able to host music events etc being in a built up residential area.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Good post and his statement of no one helping just do not ring true based on the fact that all the mentioned clubs have been assisted in building or incresing the capacity of their stadiums. More ######## from the king of spin.
    No one helping us FFS they are getting the offer of training ground from Ealing council for fark all , and looking to get the Linford Christy for next to zilch , stop whining FFS

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I believe, many years ago the club use to own many of them.
    Bought for possible expansion, but all sold off.

Guess proceeds funded the club?

Leave a comment:

• cross it Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post

House down Ellerslie Rd goes for about £2million
    I believe, many years ago the club use to own many of them.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    How come scum, Brentford, Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs have all been supported with their moves or redevelopments and we are 5 years down the road and as according to TF no one will help us.

Surely Brentford had the same issues to hurdle like us. However, they are moving to a new 20k stadium.

It kills me to see Brentford slowly but surely progress year in year out and are becoming more successfully than us.

With FFP in place and Loftus Road devouring income and being limp in terms of generating revenue the stadium must be a priority.

Are fans more open to the idea of leaving W12 for the benefit of the club and would you be open minded to coming out of London if we had to? Or what are the other possibilities?
    Going to an out side stadium wouldn't take us past Brentford we've lost a lot of future fans due to the cheapskating over the last three or so years plus the the Drossball the club has been selling you while moaning about the shlt they've got their selves into , no it's a must to stay in town as Brentford Fulham Chelsea will still be just a bus ride away , the ambitionless dross we've played has done little to excite youngsters to support the club

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Good post and his statement of no one helping just do not ring true based on the fact that all the mentioned clubs have been assisted in building or incresing the capacity of their stadiums. More ######## from the king of spin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X