The Battering We Gave Other Teams..Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
    How about this one, 4th Sept 1973, evening league match against West Ham, we'd just been promoted to Division 1.

Rangers with Bowles, Givens & Thomas etc ripped a West Ham team with the likes of Moore, Lampard & Bonds to shreds.

We had something like 35 shots in the game, against a handful from them.

I was stood behind the Loftus Rd goal and can clearly remember the late great Sir Bobby Moore screaming at his defence at yet another Rangers corner to mark up.

The final score, 0 F'ing 0, but we absolutely battered them, how West Ham didn't get beat by a cricket score I'll never ever know.

6 days later we went to Upton Park and beat them 3-2 in the return league match.

ah, fabulous memories, anyone else remember this game?

But games with goals in that spring to mind, Tranmere 6-0, Sheff Wed 8-2, Burnley 7-0, Chelsea 6-0, Stoke 6-0, Derby 5-1 away 5-0 Everton and many others to boot, and hopefully many more to come
    Yes`i remember that game well and the late great Bobby Moore getting the runaround

Comment

A special Xmas was 1974 for the R's, we beat Spurs 2-1 at the Lane on the 21/12, then the following Saturday 28/12, battered Chelsea 3-0 at the Bridge.

I went to both games, against Chelsea I stood with my uncle, aunt and cousins, all Chelsea supporters, we stood on their old North Stand.

Bowles & Francis rip them to shreds.

Little QPR my aunt called us, not so little after that battering, aye auntie.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Who remembers our run in the EUFA cup in 76/77, we battered a few there.

Brann, of, I think Norway, 11-0 on aggregate for starter's.

The Colonge & AEK Athens games stand out for me, we beat both of them 3-0 at Loftus rd, but suffered similar defeats away at their grounds, all those mad bubbles with their flags in the school end, cracking games.

Bowles, I think broke the record for most European goals in a season, think he got 11?
        Last edited by cross it Dave; 05-02-2010, 05:03 PM.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          6-0 v palace final game of the season to stay up.
          Not so much the battering we gave Palace as the battering we all got - in a liquid sense - at the after match lash up in Flannagans (RIP) - One of the best after match sessions I think I've ever had :greedy:
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by old school qpr View Post
            im the one with the brush:victory::victory:
            I know the bloke with the shopping trolley

Comment

Originally posted by old school qpr View Post
              im the one with the brush:victory::victory:
              what a sweeper ! especially as you were getting plunged a few times
              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
              London Pride is a flower that's free.
              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                Anyone remmber these

QPR 6 Stoke City 0 84???
                Yeah night game I think. I reckon that was the game when Ian Stewart scored from the centre circle

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                  He was.
                  His name was Billy O'Rourke, and it was his debut on Match of the Day.

And he sadly died 8 years ago, aged only 41.

Billy O'Rourke.....
                  I remember that.Started going to Rangers in about 77/78 so was one of the early games in my Rangers life.Was in the paddocks near the tunnel back then and remember him coming off crying.Always remember feeling really sorry for him.

RIP.

Comment

Working...
                  X