Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hal9thou
    replied
    yeah I think the problem here is semantics.

If the club just said, right, THIS is the stan testimonial and Bournemouth are coming that would have been a much simpler and more direct message.

Its great that this is happening at all, but the word testimonial has more leverage. Just imo.

Leave a comment:

• Lunar Jetman
    replied
    Originally posted by JJB View Post
    The whole point was to give Stan a benefit game, a game for him like a testimonial where he receives the money. This isn’t happening now as the silly fans who tried setting this up were too busy fighting each other on twitter harming the man’s name more then anything else.

Now the club are appeasing the fans who tried to set this up with a preseason friendly instead with added bolt ons by saying its “ For Stan” when essentiallay it’s just part of the first teams preseason build up and bunging Stan a few quid, I mean how much will he actually see?

Still, like I say, you can see what you want to see, I hope you are all very happy in your “ Everything at QPR is great bubble” but it’s all another spin job by the Spurs supporting media man and his mates.
    Have you actually read the article on the QPR website of have you just got yourself all worked up for the sake of it?

Its called the Stan Bowles benefit game when the club, "..will commemorate Stan Bowles' contribution to QPR"

Then it says:

"QPR’s net proceeds from all ticket sales will go towards a newly-launched ex-players’ foundation, of which Stan will be the first recipient.

The foundation, which will officially launch ahead of the pre-season fixture, is a charitable organisation that raises funds through public awareness and special events.

The monies raised by the foundation will go towards the medical assistance, physical and pastoral care, and other requirements of Stan, and over time other former QPR personnel, including managers, players and staff.

As it is a charity, monies raised via the ex-players’ foundation will be exempt from VAT and will also be eligible for Gift Aid."

Seems pretty good to me, plus they're actually setting up an organisation to help Stan and then any other people associated with the club.

Still, some people are never happy unless they're moaning are they JJB?

Leave a comment:

• corbray
    replied
    Still, like I say, you can see what you want to see, I hope you are all very happy in your “ Everything at QPR is great bubble” but it’s all another spin job by the Spurs supporting media man and his mates.
    JJB ousting the spurs supporters from qpr

Leave a comment:

• Awin
    replied
    The whole point was to give Stan a benefit game, a game for him like a testimonial where he receives the money. This isn’t happening now as the silly fans who tried setting this up were too busy fighting each other on twitter harming the man’s name more then anything else.

Now the club are appeasing the fans who tried to set this up with a preseason friendly instead with added bolt ons by saying its “ For Stan” when essentiallay it’s just part of the first teams preseason build up and bunging Stan a few quid, I mean how much will he actually see?

Don't worry- the club are giving a % of any transfer that has travelled in your brother's car.

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied

Wow, that is a very jaundiced view.

Leave a comment:

• JJB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lunar Jetman
    replied
    Deluded little mugs who continue to see past the spin and media ######## this clubs puts out. Carry on missing the point boys.
    So how would you have organised the game and which opponents would you have been happy with?

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Deluded little mugs who continue to see past the spin and media ######## this clubs puts out. Carry on missing the point boys.
    Oh dear.

Go and take your face for a sh!t.

Leave a comment:

• JJB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lunar Jetman
    replied
    Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    You're a proper sausage jockey aint ya
    I don't know why he doesn't go and support Fulham or Chelsea. He'd probably be happier there and could continue to moan about QPR to his hearts content.

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied
    Well for one it wasn't what was proposed was it? Still if it humours the fans so be it and saves the face of the shambolic efforts of those clowns trying to get this sorted. Like I said joke club, joke fans, still I hope the 2K that go enjoy it.
    Never gets anything right anyway so will just assume the opposite of everything you say, only sensible thing to do.

Leave a comment:

• loftbalcony
    replied
    2 months to promote it, it's for stan, surely 10k ?

Leave a comment:

• QPR1976
    replied
    I can't go as I'm working that day, but I'll be buying a ticket anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Well for one it wasn't what was proposed was it? Still if it humours the fans so be it and saves the face of the shambolic efforts of those clowns trying to get this sorted. Like I said joke club, joke fans, still I hope the 2K that go enjoy it.
    You're a happy little bunny aren't you

Leave a comment:

• MattyRangers
    replied
    #### Poor from the people who ran the twitter account for this. Utter shambles. Now the club is dressing up a pre season game and throwing a bit of the money to Stan. We are a joke club full stop.
    You're a proper sausage jockey aint ya

Leave a comment:

Working...
X