Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andreas Weimann up for sale, Derby interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andreas Weimann up for sale, Derby interested?

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood has told Andreas Weimann he can leave and the 23-year-old Austria international could become new Derby County manager Paul Clement's first signing. (Daily Mail)

Now he would do for us!
    Kept the faith!

Good little player him.

Comment

He is 23 and has been at Villa since 2010 with 112 games. This is the type player we should exactly AVOID signing because a move to the Championship will not excite him and is step back for him.

We need a striker who view us a step up just like when we signed Charlie Austin otherwise he won't give 100%. Andre Gary, Jordan Rhodes (at a reasonable price not £12m) or any potential striker who plays for PL side but has not got his chance like Patrick Bamford 2 years ago (not now). Another option is a young European striker who needs a good scouting.
      Last edited by Yousef; 03-06-2015, 05:38 AM.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
        He is 23 and has been at Villa since 2010 with 112 games. This is the type player we should exactly AVOID signing because a move to the Championship will not excite him and is step back for him.

We need a striker who view us a step up just like when we signed Charlie Austin otherwise he won't give 100%. Andre Gary, Jordan Rhodes (at a reasonable price not £12m) or any potential striker who plays for PL side but has not got his chance like Patrick Bamford 2 years ago (not now). Another option is a young European striker who needs a good scouting.
        Utter nonsense, imho... You must never have seen him play.

A good little player, who has personally destroyed us with his play on at least one occasion.

And following your logic,

1.) we are not and should not, be spending £12 million again
        2.) Rhodes - would he see us as a step up ??? No chance.

Comment

Sign him up!
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I suggested getting him last August for the prem but got told he was s hit

I would snap him up now; proper pocket rocket makes defenders work for the whole game and never gives them a minutes rest. Very similar to Mackie but a better version in my book. Would be a hit in the Bush

Get him in Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post

I disagree but that's what makes this game fun, I think if we are looking at fast paced football, then he is exactly the type of player we should be looking at.

Rhodes is a player I wanted at Rangers since he was at Huddersfield, can't believe he is still at Blackburn and MCCormack got an £11m move to Fulham.

If we structure a deal with Blackburn similar to the way Fulham and Leeds did that deal, we could well get him, a portion of that £11m is based on promotion.
              Last edited by californiahoop; 03-06-2015, 07:30 AM.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Same as west Acton, and I even made a thread concerning this player.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                  Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood has told Andreas Weimann he can leave and the 23-year-old Austria international could become new Derby County manager Paul Clement's first signing. (Daily Mail)

Now he would do for us!
                  I like him, he always seems to play with the right attitude.

He was on loan at Watford where he was decent and scored quite a few.

Definitely someone that would help us progress I'd say.

Comment

Descent player, would do well for us, not sure a couple of prem or bigger teams with a real chance of going up will be in for him, that he would prefer/

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                      He was on loan at Watford where he was decent and scored quite a few.
                      Scored 4 in 18 games for Watford.....

Not a prolific striker by any means but useful. Could be a good fit for us though but alongside an out and out goalscorer.

Comment

Not a bad player.

Comment

Would CR want a player his best mate doesn't rate?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                            Would CR want a player his best mate doesn't rate?
                            Doesn't rate in the prem: would do very well for us in the champ: and young enough to improve.
                            Kept the faith!

Comment

Not good enough as a fw, and if we keep Phillips I can't see where we should fit him in.

Comment

Working...
                              X