Memories of Hillsborough 2004 Promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of Hillsborough 2004 Promotion

What a day that was!!! up there with Wembley for me and it dont seem like 11 years ago

My a rse was going from the night before up early and on the chuf chuf up to Sheffield. Never realised the distance from station to ground was so far. Train was rammed with Rangers on way up there

Got jumped near the ground by few of Wednesdays mob who sussed out I was not one of them anyway overcame that still got in ground literally as the teams were coming out and the result was magnificent. Our fans on the pitch which made my day as Wednesday were c unts and it really pissed them off us celebrating on their pitch

Pitched battles after the game outside all the way up the high road to the station to the point they stopped the trams at one point. Remember getting to one of their boozers when they were clearly ready and waiting to get involved and thinking how the hell we going to navigate this one

Eventually got back to station absolutely buzzing Rangers all over the station singing I missed train I was on but who cares but everyone bundled on the next one to London. Every carriage rammed with Rangers standing room only, Rangers signing, boozing and a few on the champers If you were not a Rangers fan on that train it must have been a horrific journey. Stood all the way back from Sheffield to London. Think train pulled into Kings Cross and I have never heard a URs like it echoing round the old station

Top top top day

A game I'd love to have gone to, but not a ST holder at the time and didn't make an attempt to get a ticket. Always regretted not even trying. This was the game snidey Wednesday stewards stopped Dave Thomas (editor of Kick up the R's) from getting in. Now that would have killed me
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Was a great day. 7000 rangers were there. The game was beamed back to loftus road as well? Check this vid out

There was definitely a feeling around qpr of togetherness under Holloway and with players like Bircham and Gallen there was a connection with the players that made the season an amazing experience.
      Last edited by Hove Ranger; 02-06-2015, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Great day, we hired a minibus, nerve racking.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Remember it well.. Went with the same mob I'd gone to Cardiff with before. Washed awAy the sour taste of that day,

Queens Park Rangers United !!!

Comment

They was a thread asking for the best season, I forgot how committed those players where, that should be shown to all the players in preseason, that was a good team, good players!
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
              Remember it well.. Went with the same mob I'd gone to Cardiff with before. Washed awAy the sour taste of that day,

Queens Park Rangers United !!!
              Same here.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                Same here.
                Sonning?

Comment

drove up there wiv mates , didn't see any trouble . great day . i even took a camera. took photos of the flags and fans . players celebrating etc, wednesday kept putting up the bristol city score to try and unnerve us . the own goal they scored still makes me laugh as i bought the dvd, love the bit when holloway pulls in some rangers fans off the street and gets a fella to tell the fans what promotion would mean to them to them .

Comment

Them announcing score was naughty. Really bitter fans

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      Was a great day. 7000 rangers were there. The game was beamed back to loftus road as well? Check this vid out

There was definitely a feeling around qpr of togetherness under Holloway and with players like Bircham and Gallen there was a connection with the players that made the season an amazing experience.
                      That video was so good to watch.....makes you realise how far we have fallen as a club. URrrrs!

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post

Agree about the togetherness. And that level of togetherness i firmly believe, with football the way it is now, will never be seen again. And thats a damn shame.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

That was my stag weekend, the locals weren't very welcoming of the evening, great game of what I remember of it !!! I was on the pitch at the end, weds fans were complete wanchors all day and night.
                          Great weekend !!!
                          From the Hills of Kerry
                          To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

I was there, got a ticket through Bill Power god bless him - what a fantastic day/atmosphere. Saw Dave Thomas as we went in selling AKUTRs, a tragedy for him they wouldn't let him in. The only downside for me was that I'd arranged to stay with friends who live in Sheffield, not considering that I might want to be celebrating with fellow Rs that night. Still, they were very gracious.

Similarly, I had to rearrange a pre-booked trip to see my girlfriend on the play-off final weekend, so took the train up Saturday night after the game. Was high as a kite on adrenalin and emotion and much banter was had with all the miserable Derby fans on the way up to hers. However, when I got there, she was having a dinner party and not one single person knew the result or indeed anything about football and all I wanted to do was shout and sing about it, which was incredibly frustrating. Nevertheless, like the rest of you I'm sure, I remained on a high for the entire summer, until our first game at home (which I took my girlfriend too) and then reality came crashing in. And here we are, back in the Champ. The rollercoaster life of a Rangers fan.

Comment

Great day for me and my boy he was only 12 then, we both missed the first goal was having a lag, we heard a big roar and thought them c unts as scored to our relief it was us, they are bitter c unting fans cheering every time Bristol City scored
                              You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
                              X