No announcement yet.

Memories of Hillsborough 2004 Promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went up with Croydon /sutton Rs because of my job i have to keep my nose clean ,so didnt drink on the train cos it was always going to be a long day,
    Arrived in sheffield and OB tried to put us in the boozer by the station , we swerved , and made our way to the town centre, ended up in the Yorkshire Grey pub , then got a tram to the ground .
    We had a very good Youth mob ,out that day and they decided to kick open the doors to the tram when we got outside a pub full of Wednesdays boys, OB were on top ,in seconds . but it set the scene , we had a lot out ,youth and old chaps ,and they,Wednesday were bang up for it too,
    the match was amazing ,you always expect Rangers to let you down ,but for once we didnt
    Their PA system was cheering on Bristol City as was their fans ...........
    always hate Wednesday for that.....
    We got outside ,and bumped into Dave Thomas ,who i knew pretty well ,he used to sit next to me in the upper Loft,he told me what had happenned to him ,and it took a small shine of the day for me,,,,,,,,,,,,anyway,,,,,,,,
    we trammed back to another pub ,full of Rangers ,i was smoking a £30 cigar and we headed back to town
    Got to Chesterfeild and a mob of Luton got on our train
    banter ,small amount of fisticuffs and people getting locked in the khazi ensued ,
    but it was a top day out anding in the Khyber curry house in Croydon for us.
    Last edited by vespa; 03-06-2015, 01:23 AM.
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I was there, didn't see any trouble at all.
      I was in the open bit in the corner and the Wednesday were giving it large through the Perspex screen between the stands, I recognised an actor from 'where the heart is' (remember that?) giving us the lucky dice.
      Superb celebrations after, and the next seasons fixture list carried a picture of me and my mate on the front from the terrace at Hillsborough.

Comment

Absolutely loved that video, just shows you what we have missed in the last few seasons. A squad of players who would die for each other
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I remember a couple of hundred wednesday fans sat right near the away end and soon as the game kicked off they started throwing coins etc towards us

Didnt the players run off the pitch as soon as the final whistle went as the wednesday fans did a pitch invasion. We waited for about 15mins for our players to come back out, then the party started
          Last edited by Hertford Hoop; 03-06-2015, 06:53 PM. Reason: Coins spelling, i'm sure you're not a racist

Comment

AH Gino, loved him <3

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Agree about the togetherness. And that level of togetherness i firmly believe, with football the way it is now, will never be seen again. And thats a damn shame.
              Christ we were as one . Loved that season . Miss that togetherness

Comment

Halcyon days n times indeed...it was during my time as a partner in the adult entertainment business...took a stretch limo with close mates and some party girls which made for a great journey!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                  Halcyon days n times indeed...it was during my time as a partner in the adult entertainment business...took a stretch limo with close mates and some party girls which made for a great journey!
                  there is always a topper we got people going in vans and via trains and facto goes in a limo with prostitutes

Much safer experience then I encountered
                  Last edited by West Acton; 03-06-2015, 09:56 PM.

Comment

West ham cabbie mate of mine drove us up .had QPR the greatest cd playing.Was all on the liveners and beer from 9 am.got to Wednesday and was stood in the triangle bit beside the home fans,marvellous entertainment. Danny Wilson at Bristol city seemed to be their hero,met a lunatic that day who has become one of me closest at rangers, we now do the odd private together.I'm even on one of the commemorative mugs( yeah I know) but 5 or 6 beside me then I didn't know, I do now.
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      there is always a topper we got people going in vans and via trains and facto goes in a limo with prostitutes

Must safe safer experience then I encountered
                      Going in vans? One Hampton I've had and they call me a q ueer ffs
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Must safe safer experience then I encountered
                        Theres always a topper. Ha ha.
                        I heard his mate said hes going on holiday to tenerife, and he said 'im going to elevenerife'.

Comment

Great memories. Went up by car with 4 mates, one who was a Spurs fan. Even he was getting emotional by the end of the day! We were in the V near the Wednesday and I was surprised how desperate they were to ruin our day. They were giving it big style when there was absolutely no chance they were ever going to come through the fence - you know the type, bulging blood vessels and screaming with passion but somehow not able to step over a low partition??

On the way back to the car went past a pub and a few Wednesday were chucking beer over a Rangers family but soon packed it in and kept their heads down as we walked past. Great journey back with the motorway full of Rangers horning and singing.

After the dark years of Paladini taking over (probably the most depressing and worrying time for me supporting the R's in over 40 years) it felt so sweet. When the chant went up by the players on the video "The R's are going up" it still sends shivers down my spine.

Comment

Much safer experience then I encountered
                            Westie i must defend myself here... They were not prostitutes but were paid by gentlemen for their time.. Any thing that went on was by mutual consent between adults!
                            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Great day proper team with great fans at the time
                              R's

Comment

Working...
                              X