So what is the Ramsey way of playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what is the Ramsey way of playing

that our new signees are talking about? Is it tika taka style, has anyone seen his England/Spud youth squads in action?

These are box to box midfielders so i'd think the style is get the ball through the midfield up the pitch as fast as possible. Lot of counter attacking, lot of style.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think it's playing without fear, being able to express themselves. Think we'll be playing with a lot of pace. Just hope we the supporters have a little patience with the youngsters as we need them to enjoy playing to get the best out of them. You just have to look at Hoilett to get my view, his confidence since he arrived has gone down the toilet. Really looking forward to next season

Comment

if this year is anything to go by 4 Centre halfs at the back Henry on the left wing the 2 players he's bought playing up front, both out of position as normal

Comment

4 2 3 1 I believe

Comment

Hooof to the bigman (Carlton Cole) up top and try to win the second balls, if the end of last season is anything to go by.

Let's hope there is a dramatic change for next season.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

When he 1st came here he was attacking minded, always seamed to want the ball out on the wings then getting it whipped in for the strikers. But then injuries/lack of options seamed to force him into hoof ball... But I do think he'll set up with attack in mind/exciting football. Not like HR who was happy for for his side to hold deep and see games out (boring but in all fairness it obviously worked as we was never out the bottom 6 all season).... can just see us being an entertaining team under CR...
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Apart from a few games towards the end of the season I thought we played a lot better under Ramsey than under Redknapp. But unfortunately our defence was leakier than a sieve.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Counter attacking, hopefully similar to the way Bournemouth play
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    if this year is anything to go by 4 Centre halfs at the back Henry on the left wing the 2 players he's bought playing up front, both out of position as normal
                    Quite possible at this club

Comment

Bet he wish he knew himself.....guys a total muppet !!

Comment

There are 4 key components to the Ramsey style of playing

1) Put as many centre backs / defensive minded players on the pitch as are currently available.

2) Make sure a large percentage of the team are playing out of their best positions.

3) Continuously hoof the ball up towards an old, injury carrying, unable to win headers target man.

4) Choose to make bizarre substitutions, preferably with minutes to go or in injury time.

Then after the game in the media interview talk a load of nonsense but remember to say it all in a nice manner therefore ensuring you get a number of fans on your side because you are "a really nice guy" which enables them to overlook the garbage being served up on the pitch.

This approach should at least ensure you get a dozen or so games to show your ability at managing a modern day football team.

Being a "Nice Guy" obviously won't however get you rewarded with a long term contract, at least not without having a few other candidates to compete with in interviews to decide who is the best man for the job having waited till the end of the season to see who else may be available for the position.

....................... Oh, wait a minute...........Damn!!

Comment

Hoof
                          R's

Comment

Working...
                          X