No announcement yet.

your tactics for the chelsea match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think we need 2 strikers playing.. We won't stop Chelsea scoring.. Need Zamora and Austin.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      4-5-1 v Chelsea
      But start Barton, Sandro and Henry.
      Would Nullify Charlie. Hit them with a 442 back to basics performance, attack their wings and get the ball into their box quickly. Clearances from the back cannot go to the of the park. Barton/Henry and Sandro have one job, win the ball and release to the wingers. If the ball is won in defence, play it straight to Phillips or Zamora but as far away from our half as possible. No overlapping runs on the left hand side and Isla has to stay with his man (Hazard) all game. Let phillips attack Azpi face on and really bully him. That right hand side can be ours if we play it in the air. Cesar and Hazard aren't very imposing, unlike Phillips and Isla who will jump and make those passes. Stay close to those 3 midfielders (Oscar, Fabregas and Matic) and rile them up, they are in the same situation as Barton bookings wise and they lack any sort of emotional discipline. Fabregas lacks the defensive qualities as well so a loose tackle from him and he's booked. We can win the battle in the air but on the ground they are just better so the key is to keep it off the ground and in a 442, that is what we do. Big teams won't deal with it properly.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

What planet do you honestly live on? Cos it aint this one surely!!
        I know he has been excellent, I was one of the few staying on his side most of the time, but I'd rather have Henry and Sandro who can do the dirty work without trying too many hollywood passes, especially against the big teams. When we went through that phase against the big teams under Harry (Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea) the performances were quite good relative to usual and the reason was those teams aren't happy playing against back to basics clearance football.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Just thinking though that our pitch isn't the widest and stops the big sides from playing there normal game.
          If you stuck Barton, Sandro and Henry on the pitch and try and win/keep the ball as much as possible.

Comment

Just thinking though that our pitch isn't the widest and stops the big sides from playing there normal game.
            If you stuck Barton, Sandro and Henry on the pitch and try and win/keep the ball as much as possible.
            Vargas or Fer being fit enough would totally eliminate the need for this discussion. Unfortunate for us that circumstances haven't allowed for that.

Back to the point, I think we would crowd ourselves out with 3 deep midfielders. I don't think chelsea will even be able to play their normal game regardless of how many players we have in the middle since the pitch is tiny.

Comment

1 , 9 ,0 , 1 formation

Comment

We're shape up in a crescent, make out the lads right and left are not involved whilst the bendy bit at the back are right lary.tempt a few in to be circled by the rampaging hooligans. Chelsea cannts!!!!
                Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Hard graft stops them playing. Give the players they have time on the ball and were get hammered. man mark for the 90 ,set our boys up to bully them.they can't do the flicks if we're half inch away
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Position several snipers and shoot a chelsea player every time they get in our half. Am sure a few will be going down like they have been shot anyhow

Comment

4-5-1 v Chelsea
                      But start Barton, Sandro and Henry.
                      Was thinking that myself, which would be a good counter for their 4-3-3. We should make it as physical a game as possible, with an extremely hostile crowd. Kick them all over the pitch.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        This is a huge point, which is why i don't think we can play Joey from the start. We cannot afford to lose him for 2 matches.
                        Barton has got to start!

Comment

Bobby and Charlie upfront to receive the long bombs, 7 Centre Halves, and 2 goalkeepers!!

Comment

Working...
                          X