Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt supposedly signing tomorrow for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
    I don't have any feeling about Fulham at all.
    Im not that good at maths cos im working class and our schools were terrible, but I'm going to guess that makes you one of the 40% that dont hate them like me then. Reckon i could be right?

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      The double standards of some of our fans is embarrassing. We slate the likes of Bosingwa and Mbia etc for their poor attitude and wanting to leave but bend over backwards for a player who had one good season (albeit a fantastic one) in four and asked to get out in the fifth

What part of asking to leave and not wanting to play for us do his supporters not grasp???
      top post, some of our fans are simple embarrassing with their double standards. None, repeat none of our players, past of present, have come anywhere near showing the level of disrespect for us as fans as Tarrabt has.

Comment

The double standards of some of our fans is embarrassing. We slate the likes of Bosingwa and Mbia etc for their poor attitude and wanting to leave but bend over backwards for a player who had one good season (albeit a fantastic one) in four and asked to get out in the fifth

What part of asking to leave and not wanting to play for us do his supporters not grasp???
        This X a million

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
          NW and Shaun Derry have both talked about how the rest of the team had to adapt to accommodate Adel and that there were resentments. It's also well documented how some didn't want him back following his walkout after the stuffing we got from Fulham in 2011.

I'm sure that Adel was a huge part of getting us promoted but only because he was happy and playing well. That was the season that he actually lived up to the inflated opinion he has of himself. He hasn't come near since and probably never will IMO. Move on I reckon.
          Yes he was very childish that season because he thought he was the main man. He matured quite quickly after that season when the likes of Joey came in and made him realise he had to stop acting like that, only started misbehaving again when 'Arry turned up...and by misbehaving I mean not turning up to a couple training sessions. Also, people forget he had many good games even though he didn't score, the first 10 games in our first season he was playing really well and all sorts of sides were being linked with him, he just needed goals. He proved to be effective in the run-in that season, and without him in the following season we would have been relegated long before we actually did. His problem's consistency...that's it imo...the ability to do well in the prem is definately there, his problem is using it on a regular basis.

Want to see him back next year should we go up, he'd fit in well with the current side + 3 or 4 new signings in the summer.
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
            Yes he was very childish that season because he thought he was the main man. He matured quite quickly after that season when the likes of Joey came in and made him realise he had to stop acting like that, only started misbehaving again when 'Arry turned up...and by misbehaving I mean not turning up to a couple training sessions. Also, people forget he had many good games even though he didn't score, the first 10 games in our first season he was playing really well and all sorts of sides were being linked with him, he just needed goals. He proved to be effective in the run-in that season, and without him in the following season we would have been relegated long before we actually did. His problem's consistency...that's it imo...the ability to do well in the prem is definately there, his problem is using it on a regular basis.

Want to see him back next year should we go up, he'd fit in well with the current side + 3 or 4 new signings in the summer.
            I fall more on this side of the argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
              in our first season he was playing really well and all sorts of sides were being linked with him
              Linked with or linking himself too??

For all the clubs that have allegedly wanted to sign him don't actually recall anyone putting in a bid

Comment

Linked with or linking himself too??

For all the clubs that have allegedly wanted to sign him don't actually recall anyone putting in a bid
                Coulda just been paper talk but there was a lot of it, but my point is he was playing really well at the start (By the way PSG did put in a £15m bid that summer, and their director pulled the plug last minute). Villa and Newcastle at home spring to mind, had newcastle players on the floor and all sorts as well as putting chances on a plate for DJ and Bothroyd.
                Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 08-12-2013, 07:01 PM.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Don't think we'll see AT in a QPR shirt again

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Don't think we'll see AT in a QPR shirt again
                    Good. The worry is though, getting a club to sign him. It certainly won't be another English club that signs him as he's not good enough for the PL. He's on a massive contract now too. He's not going to be easy to sell with the contract he's on.

Comment

• Really can't understand the animosity towards him.

People seem to think that Hooper was only doing what was best for him by preferring a struggle with Norwich. Never mind, we got Charlie who looks every bit as good.

People also think it understandable that Parker chose Fulham over us. Never mind, we kept Barton who is easily as good.

But Taarabt gets slaughtered for wanting Premier League football? Better than any player we have missed out on in my opinion. By far the most entertaining player we have had for goodness knows how many years. And to be frank, if I was left on the bench when the likes of Mbia, Granero and Zamora were starting games, then I think I would have felt that maybe a different manager would appreciate certain attributes more.

Comment

• Has this really been brought back up.....
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Really can't understand the animosity towards him.

People seem to think that Hooper was only doing what was best for him by preferring a struggle with Norwich. Never mind, we got Charlie who looks every bit as good.

People also think it understandable that Parker chose Fulham over us. Never mind, we kept Barton who is easily as good.

But Taarabt gets slaughtered for wanting Premier League football? Better than any player we have missed out on in my opinion. By far the most entertaining player we have had for goodness knows how many years. And to be frank, if I was left on the bench when the likes of Mbia, Granero and Zamora were starting games, then I think I would have felt that maybe a different manager would appreciate certain attributes more.

Comment

I don't think there's that much animosity - certainly none from me. I don't blame Adel for wanting to play PL football either. But I do blame him for his inflated ego, laziness and general teddy-out-the-pram attitude when things don't go the way he wants. He may have matured now but I don't think it matters anymore. The only way he will be able to demonstrate that is to get a prolonged period of regular appearances and I don't think he will get that if he comes back to LR (under Harry, at least) and he doesn't appear to be getting it at Fulham either.

I would love to see him playing for us again the way he did a few years ago. The club has moved on though so I can't see it happening. So for his sake as much as anyone's, I don't want to see him back.

Comment

Dunno if you fellas have noticed, but he's not playing any premiership football this season. He can't get into a team which is in the bottom three (when did that happen to him before?). And he wasn't even on the bench today. And that means he won't be in the team any time soon. And he hasn't scored a goal in the premiership either, has he? One in the cup against minnows. Hmmmm. Might that tell us something?

Comment

• They ain't even got room for his FAT A##S on the bench now that's how good he is can't get in a poor Fulham team? Hope we never have to suffer his spoilt childish tantrums anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X