• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Posting Test Thread

There have been a lot of instances recently where members on here couldn't;
    1. see images that have been posted
    2. successfully post images themselves

The site techy has made some changes to the site that hopefully will resolve the 1st problem.

For the second problem I will try and help here, although I am not an expert.

There are several ways to post images;
    • Post a link directly to an image on another site.
    • Upload an image to the WATRB site and post it from there (2MB file size limit).
    • Upload an image to a file hosting site and post the link to that file on the forum.

Post a link directly to an image on another site.
    1. Find an image on another site that you want to post here. For example, the 1st picture of the gallery on this page - https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/features/...siders-160822/
    2. Right-click on that picture and select "Copy image address" (Chrome) or "Copy image link" (Firefox) or similar option in your browser.
    3. When creating your post on this site, click the Image button on the toolbar above your post. If you can't see that button, open the Advanced Editor first by clicking on the A button in the top right.
    4. In the dialogue box that appears, paste the link address that you just copied into the URL box near the top.
    5. Un-tick the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.
    6. Click on OK, your image should appear.
    I should just point out that some sites may not like having other sites directly link to their content. Usually that is explicitly stated on their site, or they may have put measures in place where a direct link won't work. Also, if they make changes and move or delete the image that you have linked to, your post will no longer show the image.

Upload an image to the WATRB site and post it from there (2MB file size limit).
    1. If you have an image smaller than 2MB on your local device, note it's name and where it is stored
    2. When creating your post on this site, click the Image button on the toolbar above your post. If you can't see that button, open the Advanced Editor first by clicking on the A button in the top right.
    3. In the dialogue box that appears, select the Upload tab at the top.
    4. On the Upload tab, click the "Choose File" button, browse to where your image file is and select it.
    5. Click on the "Upload to Server" button. The image URL and other information will be automatically populated.
    6. Click on OK, you image should appear.
    37e6546555565309406876ec766d5b05.gif

Upload an image to a file hosting site and post the link to that file on the forum.
    1. If you have an image larger than 2MB on your local device, note it's name and where it is stored
    2. Find a image hosting site, plenty are free to use. For example, postimage - https://postimages.org/
    3. Upload your image to the hosting site and take note of the Direct Link that is provided
    4. When creating your post on this site, click the Image button on the toolbar above your post. If you can't see that button, open the Advanced Editor first by clicking on the A button in the top right.
    5. In the dialogue box that appears, paste the link address that you just copied into the URL box near the top.
    6. Un-tick the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.
    7. Click on OK, your image should appear.

"I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

No good every image I select I don't get a url.
    I am trying this on phone

Comment

Did you say you have a Samsung? I've got one of those so I'll see what's what.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

And the girl is running fast.)

Comment

Working...
        X