Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A relatively inexpensive option would be Simeon Jackson....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A relatively inexpensive option would be Simeon Jackson....

I really think that if we end up with a big lump up front we need an instinctive finisher and I think that SJ could potentially fulfil this role with aplomb with the right sort of coaching. When he's on song he is a top notch finisher and has scored some real beauties over the past couple of years. And poached a few too....

OK so he was pretty lame towards the end of the season but I reckon he has enough about him to be a regular scorer given the right sort of backing. It might just be that we have the right man in NW to get the best out of players like Jackson who have the raw materials but need them harnessed correctly. Bearing in mind how he was starting to get the best out of Adel who can say for certain that he couldn't perform a similar feat??

Remember this post when he is scoring regularly in the CCC next season and I just hope it's for us......

COME ON ENGLAND......

U R's..............

good player,hell of a lot better than Clarke or Agymang or vine

Comment

Think that...

RW and PA have had their proverbial chips but will be interesting to see if Clarke can shed a bit of lard and get fully fit and what Warnock may get out of him... on the other hand he could just end up on Blackpool beach giving out rides to children.. this IS Rangers after all....

Comment

Simeon Jackson too good for League Two. Definitely worth a punt and Scally is like Mr Krabbs when it comes to money.

Comment

I would take him. He can finish.

Comment

If Beckford and Cox were deemed not good enough for QPR how the hell is Jackson. He would be a bad buy considering others are available at around 500,000ish English pounds.

Comment

not got the ambition to go get the Beckfords/Cox/Hoopers so maybe £500k for Jackson is acceptable to the money men? think he would be a good buy for that price

Comment

Think Jackson is under-rated. If I was a Gills fan I would be gutted that Stimson dropped him from the team for whatever reason. Stimson got his comeuppance eventually. His goals return for the games he did play was pretty good and without those the Gills would have been relegated a long time before they actually were. If he played more, the chances are they would have survived. Bottom line is, he knows where the goal is.

At one time valued at 1,000,000+ now think - well, would hope - Scally would accept anything more reasonable given where they now are.

Comment

Jackson isn't anywhere near good enough IMO. Really nowhere near the standard we need. I'd honestly play Agyemang ahead of him.

Comment

Just out of curiosity....

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                    If Beckford and Cox were deemed not good enough for QPR how the hell is Jackson. He would be a bad buy considering others are available at around 500,000ish English pounds.
                    Have you ever seen Jackson play and what are you basing him being a bad buy please laddie?

For what its worth I stick by my original post and think that he will score regularly in the CCC........... but hey, football is all about opinions so would be interested to read reasons why he won't cut the mustard...
                    Last edited by ahR; 09-06-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Have to disagree my old sausage............

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                      Jackson isn't anywhere near good enough IMO. Really nowhere near the standard we need. I'd honestly play Agyemang ahead of him.
                      The boy can finish and was poorly treated by Stimson who is a bully and a bit of a chump allround... he'd do a job for us am convinced!!

Comment

A league 2 striker, sounds about right for our board, skint club, maybe we could really skin them for a cheap deal too.
                        How about we actually go out and sign a proven CCC striker, did that idea ever occur to you, or our board for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
                          Have you ever seen Jackson play and what are you basing him being a bad buy please laddie?

For what its worth I stick by my original post and think that he will score regularly in the CCC........... but hey, football is all about opinions so would be interested to read reasons why he won't cut the mustard...
                          Seen him play several times including the last game of the season v Wycombe when they needed a draw to be safe. He was pants and he may score the odd goal in the CCC but he is not a striker for a team eyeing a top 2 finish.

Comment

Not sure where you are getting your ideas from..........

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                            Seen him play several times including the last game of the season v Wycombe when they needed a draw to be safe. He was pants and he may score the odd goal in the CCC but he is not a striker for a team eyeing a top 2 finish.
                            But I doubt very much that many on here if they are honest would really feel we've got anything other than a chance of the play-offs at best. This is based on previous form and reluctance to spend big. Until now our board has not flashed the cash on a scale that will secure a the type of quality that will almost guarantee you CCC goals.

That said I very much hope to be proved wrong. I doubt it though hence my assertions that Jackson should be snapped up....

Comment

A proven CCC striker would be nice...........

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                              A league 2 striker, sounds about right for our board, skint club, maybe we could really skin them for a cheap deal too.
                              How about we actually go out and sign a proven CCC striker, did that idea ever occur to you, or our board for that matter
                              but unlikely.. I think that the board are expecting NW to sign potential and develop it whilst combing this with a seasoned CCC battering ram type striker who dosen't actually score that many but who wreaks havoc and crates chances for a goal poacher.............. this is where IMHO that a palyer like Jackson would thrive..............

Comment

Working...
                              X