Jay Simpson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Simpson

Keep reading reports that Rangers will be losing Simpson at the end of the season. Why ? is it because Warnock does not rate him, do Arsenal want him back,does he want to go or do Arsenal want to much for him.

If he wants to go fair enough,but surely 1 million would secure a very young intelligent striker whos movement of the ball is superb.

We know Warnock wil buy a big battering ram type of forward ,but surely Simpson would be a great foil to this type of player.

Anyone heard anything ?

1 year loan that's coming to an end. He's an Arsenal player under contract. They're entitled to do what they want with him.

Comment

Understand the loan is finishing,however he will never make the Arsenal first team, and would have thought Rangers would be making some sort of noises about maybe signing him.

Maybe just not a Warnock type player.
      Last edited by Romford Hoop; 27-04-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
        Keep reading reports that Rangers will be losing Simpson at the end of the season. Why ? is it because Warnock does not rate him, do Arsenal want him back,does he want to go or do Arsenal want to much for him.

If he wants to go fair enough,but surely 1 million would secure a very young intelligent striker whos movement of the ball is superb.

We know Warnock wil buy a big battering ram type of forward ,but surely Simpson would be a great foil to this type of player.

Anyone heard anything ?
        It's a hard one to call mate, sometimes he looks very up for it and others he don't, do not think the price tag is a problem and I cannot see him getting anywhere near the first team at arsenal to be honest, so maybe he will be back here for next season

Comment

It means exactly what it says on the Tin, Loan finishing, returning to Arsenal.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Egham posted on here last week stating that Simpson was 1 of about 10 players Warnock was considering.

I suppose a lot of it will come down to whether Arsenal want to sell and if so how much they want for him.

Comment

Jay thinks he's better than a relegation battling CCC side and tbh he is. Its up to us to show some ambition and make a perm move here seem appealing cos at the moment it dont and he doesnt want to come.

Comment

I don't think Simpson is good enough for us next season and to be fair, he has hardly ran through walls since NW has been here, to make sure he is on the team sheet for the first game of the 2010/11 season.

Comment

I'm not as convinced about Simpson as most appear to be on this site.He tries hard and runs around a lot,is our top scorer on 13 goals (best of a poor bunch),but there's a lot better out there.If they straightened his legs so he was say 6'3",he might be more formidable.I'd like to think Warnock is looking at better strikers.I might be unpopular saying this but I'm afraid thats how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                    I'm not as convinced about Simpson as most appear to be on this site.He tries hard and runs around a lot,is our top scorer on 13 goals (best of a poor bunch),but there's a lot better out there.If they straightened his legs so he was say 6'3",he might be more formidable.I'd like to think Warnock is looking at better strikers.I might be unpopular saying this but I'm afraid thats how I feel.

He has also missed a hell of a lot of chances this season too.
                    They seek him here.................

Comment

Doubt he will be here next season
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Maybe Warnock is playing all of his targets down so as not to create to much interest from other clubs and increase player's valuations.

Comment

according to my mate,(who is an arsenal fan) arsen wengar said he is off to a different ccc club next season that will actually compete for promotion.

Comment

I know this will ruffle a few feathers as I'm more than likely in the minority here, but I'm not bothered if he stays or not. He's never been an out and out scorer and this season could be a one off. Ok, he's played a lot and may be exhausted, but he's hardly been clinical this side of Xmas, has he?

I would rather have Nicky Maynard and Hooper over Simpson if I'm being completely honest. I feel both would be more consistant and therefore better additions.

I don't expect the majority to agree, but that's life.
                            Your mum would love me...

Comment

hes alrite and has got a nice tally of goals, but do i rate him as a player? not particularly. wouldnt be that bothered if he left.

Comment

Working...
                              X