RIP Thomas Keogh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Thomas Keogh

The body of a soldier from London killed in Afghanistan has been returned to Wootton Bassett.

Lance Corporal Thomas Keogh, of 4 Rifles, was killed by a gunshot wound during a small arms engagement in Sangin.

Stuart Keogh, the uncle of L/Cpl Keogh, said of the 24-year-old from Paddington: "He was loved by all the family and we are very very proud of the job he did to protect our country."

The repatriation service was held for five servicemen killed in Afghanistan. All died in the space of six days this month.

A private service was held at the base's chapel before the Union flag-draped coffins drove past the war memorial. Relatives placed flowers on top of the black cars, as has become tradition.

was a relative of mine.

also while seeing status' on facebook came across this picture.

Very very sad to hear of your loss Jack.

A very sad time for everyone, and especially you. A good friend of mine has just completed 6 months in afganistan came back for 2 weeks and has gone back again for another 2 months. Its not a nice thing to deal with, thoughts go to your family.

RIP!
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

RIP, sad news.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by jackqpr View Post
        The body of a soldier from London killed in Afghanistan has been returned to Wootton Bassett.

Lance Corporal Thomas Keogh, of 4 Rifles, was killed by a gunshot wound during a small arms engagement in Sangin.

Stuart Keogh, the uncle of L/Cpl Keogh, said of the 24-year-old from Paddington: "He was loved by all the family and we are very very proud of the job he did to protect our country."

The repatriation service was held for five servicemen killed in Afghanistan. All died in the space of six days this month.

A private service was held at the base's chapel before the Union flag-draped coffins drove past the war memorial. Relatives placed flowers on top of the black cars, as has become tradition.

was a relative of mine.

RIP

Comment

RIP Comrade..

Comment

jack sorry to hear of you bad news

Rip tom

ive got so much respect for the lads that puts their life on the line for this country

C

Comment

I read yesterday that he was from Paddington and had a feeling he might be Rangers. Terrible news. My cousin thankfully came back safe and sound not so long ago. I know of at least 2 others that are QPR that have been in Afghanistan and are going back out there.

Real heroes. All of them.
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Very sad news, R I P Tom

Heros
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by jackqpr View Post

was a relative of mine.

Very sad news mate, have you thought about contacting the club, maybe get a mention in the next Home Programme?

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                    Very sad news mate, have you thought about contacting the club, maybe get a mention in the next Home Programme?
                    Would be a great gesture if the club did that
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

R.I.P.

Comment

Very sad news.

RIP Tom
                        RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

RIP

they are the real heroes in this country.

Comment

RIP Tom

Comment

RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X