Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watering our half of the pitch at half time (Stoke & Wolves)! Is it fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watering our half of the pitch at half time (Stoke & Wolves)! Is it fair?

As Swanley has pointed out in another thread Stoke watered OUR END (the end we were defending in the second half) just as Wolves had done when we played them. Is it some sort of ploy to give the attacking team an advantage? Do they think the defenders are more likley to slip over at a crucial time than the attackers or is a sliding tackle on a slippery surface going to lead to a penalty? Not sure but what I do know is that it didn't do either of them any good!!!!

But as a point of fair play and all that are they stretching the laws of football or just not abiding by the spirit of the game!!! Either way it seems petty and is obviously counter productive!!!
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

May be they watered the wrong end

Comment

maybe their grass was wilting - like their teams...

Comment

sounds like it is very unsporting. Forget the result for a moment, it is trying to seek an advantage that the opponent does not have.

Cheating in my book.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

To be fair I turned to the fella next to menand said
          Look at that , It makes sense and explains a lot at how stoke perform better at theirs then away, bet our players
          Probably fisnt have the right studs on second half as wouldn't
          Have been aware of it, same thing with the towels we played them
          At their own game asking for some
          Aswel, hopefully everyone clocks it and the ****ers go
          Down
          One aswel, basically think they jaw now
          Been found out

Comment

Cheating barstewards
            F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Exploiting the fact there's no rule against it. As there is no rule then it can't be cheating by definition but it is unsporting to say the least.

Comment

I'd say ungentlemanly conduct altering the playing surface of the away teams penalty area.
                But as stated obviously no rule against it.
                Don't worry Neil will come up with something in the return that'll get pullis foaming at the mouth again

Comment

As someone has said, exploiting a loophole in the rules

I have seen many other teams doing this including manure
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    I'd say ungentlemanly conduct altering the playing surface of the away teams penalty area.
                    But as stated obviously no rule against it.
                    Don't worry Neil will come up with something in the return that'll get pullis foaming at the mouth again

Like removing the seats from their dugout?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      [/B]

Like removing the seats from their dugout?
                      Yeah and making all their towels wet!

Comment

All teams do odd things to get an advantage. On a recent LR stadium tour the guy that took us round said that the seats at the Emirates are pitched at an angle. This makes the players have to struggle to keep their backsides on them. Others have no heating, bad lighting, small rooms, anglled rooms so they can't all see the gaffer etc etc. All within the so called rules but all could be considered as unfair to.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Stoke won't need the towels at LR -- there's not enough of a run-up for Delap's long throws.
                          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Wait tell they come to Loftus Road....they will never get the ball for any throw ins...no rule against fans chucking it down the line is there ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              Wait tell they come to Loftus Road....they will never get the ball for any throw ins...no rule against fans chucking it down the line is there ?
                              lol! Chelsea could tell them all about that...
                              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
                              X