How do we get the people in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    I disagree completely. I dont think they claim to be proper Rangers, and theres nothing wrong with people wanting to come and enjoy a good day out. Lots of neutrals who could one day get turned into real supporters. My best mates dad took us when I was 7, evening game. I was a Man U/Liverpool/Leeds "fan", basically whoever was winning on TV. That night turned me, even though we lost. None of my family liked football. Now if I ever have kids, they will be born Rangers!

The poisonous atmosphere didnt come from neutrals, they come from the hardcore 12k. The 12k are the ones that dictate what happens inside the stadium, good or bad
    Well said, I agree with every word

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      Glory hunters is perhaps the wrong terminology but yes, those that have turned their backs because we don't happen to play champagne football every week.
      I say Gloryhunters because that was the term in my day. Seeing as we rarely win anything though, the more apropriate term would probably be the "fairweather" fan.

Get a sniff of a promotion challenge and watch those crowd figures increase. Same at pretty much every average sized club in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        We're down 3K by not letting Wall have the lower School End.......
        the school end holds 3,018 top and bottom together, would they have filled it who knows. millwall ain't that bad any more i've taken my kids home and away for this fixture for years . if u are looking for trouble you're find it but never seen any dads with kids or people going about their day attacked by them 90% of them are just like us

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          the school end holds 3,018 top and bottom together, would they have filled it who knows. millwall ain't that bad any more i've taken my kids home and away for this fixture for years . if u are looking for trouble you're find it but never seen any dads with kids or people going about their day attacked by them 90% of them are just like us
          Super post. All this fear of Millwall how many fans have actually had hassle with them to breed this fear of I'm not going probably next to no one

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
            I disagree completely. I dont think they claim to be proper Rangers, and theres nothing wrong with people wanting to come and enjoy a good day out. Lots of neutrals who could one day get turned into real supporters. My best mates dad took us when I was 7, evening game. I was a Man U/Liverpool/Leeds "fan", basically whoever was winning on TV. That night turned me, even though we lost. None of my family liked football. Now if I ever have kids, they will be born Rangers!
            The poisonous atmosphere didnt come from neutrals, they come from the hardcore 12k. The 12k are the ones that dictate what happens inside the stadium, good or bad
            Good post

Comment

Not a cheap day anymore and if someone has 2 to 3 kids you are looking at a good few quid to watch at times substandard fare. Great example is season ticket prices as they stand way over the top considering we are a championship club.

Comment

an excellent article in AKUTR's on the subject of dwindling crowds. Basically said too expensive and barriers in actually purchasing tickets. An eternity from the days when you rolled up to the turnstile and paid on the day
                Last edited by lymehoop; 14-09-2017, 11:29 AM.
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

fans still don't like this £3.50 rip off , our neighbours charge less . i have 5 boys only 2 go to football so it's always cost me a few quid . as they've got older it's a chance to see them on a regular basis . i'd like to see a £20/25 cap on all our matches . what do the club actually give back to ST holders that have say been paid up for 10 years (QPR cash ) i don't want a scarf and hat at my age.

Comment

Would imagine that £3.50 booking fee turns a lot of people off on principal. It does me if applied on cup games.

Comment

with the new Sky deal surely an opportunity to reduce tickets considerably
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Some people think building a new stadium will magically increase support level.....

I'm not surprised uncommitted fans don't turn up. We've been absolutely dire for a very long time and we were dire for at least 50% of Millwall.

Its the way of the world sadly. Success puts bumson seats.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Success puts bumson seats.
                          Absolutely spot on

Comment

Championship football should be a max 20 pound entry with lots of concessions for kids, oaps, students etc. Would bring back some atmosphere. Bang average players being bought for 12 mil in this league and paid 40k a week....needs to be balanced out and start giving the fans a better deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                              Championship football should be a max 20 pound entry with lots of concessions for kids, oaps, students etc. Would bring back some atmosphere. Bang average players being bought for 12 mil in this league and paid 40k a week....needs to be balanced out and start giving the fans a better deal.
                              Blatantly obvious really, isn't it?

Be interesting to see how the FL's latest moneyspinner of streaming all "non-weekend" games live via club's official sites pans out and who benefits from all the extra cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                                Well said,its well overdue for the fans to get a better deal for championship football,some poor football,poor players and refs who are
                                atrocious.

It is not a cheap day out anymore and with the threat of being chucked out if you let off a bit steam i find the whole experience
                                not very pleasant.

The days of being to shout or say what you think have long gone and takes a lot of the fun out of it imo.

Add to this the seasons of drossball under JFH little wonder crowds are down.

Comment

Working...
                                X