Who plays, who rests & who to take to the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who plays, who rests & who to take to the playoffs

The biggest decisions of the season are now upon the managers; let's hope they get this right. In the next two games, would rest Dunne (he's tired and making mistakes); use Charlie, Hill, Barton and Ravel sparingly (one injury there could change our entire fate); and play Yun, Andy Johnson, and Doyle to make final decisions about whom to take to the playoffs. As for the playoffs, believe here's the ideal team you'd LIKE to field for, hopefully, all three games:

Starters:

Goal: Green (awesome season, unsung hero)
    Back Line: Simpson (finally match fit), (a rested) Dunne, Hill (the embodiment of Rangers spirit), and Onouha (a potential game saver)
    Midfield: Barton (mr. football), Ravel (the miracle worker), Krancjar (crafty and experienced), Carroll (he's finally maturing), Traore (becoming a complete player)
    Striker: Charlie (who else)

Subs:
    Murphy (the given)
    Hughes (steady) and Yun (despite Harry)
    Hoilett (the spark plug) and Jenas (skilled and motivated)
    Zamora (he's earned it) and either Doyle or Johnson (whoever's on a better roll after Millwall and Barnsley)

Play the best team possible against Millwall and get the 3 points to all but secure 4th place.

Barnsley, I'd rest everyone who's likely to be starting against Wigan on May 9th.

As for my starting 11 in the playoffs with a fully fit squad:

Green
    Simpson, Onouha, Hill, BAE
    Barton Jenas
    Hoilett Morrison Traore
    Austin

Comment

You can have all these master plans about over playing players , not putting players at risk of bookings , and then they go and get injured in training , to more league games , and then a cup knock out comp starts , as long as the players are rested between games should be fine.

Comment

Can understand 10 suggested starters (though I still feel a healthy Krancjar is a real weapon, especially working with Ravel, and that Hoilett is best off the bench in the second half) What is the case for starting BAE? After showing promise earlier this year, he seems at times disinterested, often off target with balls kicked into the box, and appears unwilling to play tough (as opposed to yellow carded cheap tackles) defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          Play the best team possible against Millwall and get the 3 points to all but secure 4th place.

Barnsley, I'd rest everyone who's likely to be starting against Wigan on May 9th.

Green
          Barton Jenas
          Hoilett Morrison Traore
          Austin
          that's the team matty! very harsh NOT playing hoilett when he is now in great form.. I wish HR would play Yun instead of BAE but not gona happen

Comment

Jenas will never play over tom carroll. Ever. There is no way jowl face wont pick carroll.

Comment

Haven't liked Carroll the majority of the season but feel he's improved a lot lately.
              From who's fit i'd go with:
              Green
              Simpson, Onouha, Hill, BAE/Yun.
              Barton Carrolll
              Hoilett/Benayoun Morrison Traore
              Austin

Go with that in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1

Comment

Green
                Barton Jenas
                Hoilett Morrison Traore
                Austin

Love that selection. Matty for England!!!

But yes, good point made by Kevin re: Tom Carroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Jenas will never play over tom carroll. Ever. There is no way jowl face wont pick carroll.
                  If he felt Jenas could get through the whole game or at least make the 70 minute mark without tightening up he would have him and Barton in the middle. He just cant trust starting with JJ and then changing plans 10 minutes after kick off.

Comment

Hopefully Harry give some minutes to our youngster (Donaldson & Petrasso) too and at Barnsley why don't give Murphy a start too

Comment

I must have missed this huge turnaround in form from Carroll. He had a good game against forest what else has he done in recent times guys???

Lightweight and should be nowhere near the starting 11 if with have serious aspirations of winning the play offs

Comment

Lets be honest though, normally Harry does the total opposite to what most people are thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Webb1977 View Post
                          Love that selection. Matty for England!!!

But yes, good point made by Kevin re: Tom Carroll.
                          Haha, I'm Welsh mate....!

Comment

Green
                            Barton Jenas
                            Hoilett Morrison Traore
                            Austin

Team against Wigan

Green
                            Simpson Onouha Hill Yun
                            Barton Jenas
                            Benayoun Morrison Holliet
                            Austin

Subs: Murphy Dunne Traore Henry Kransjar AJ Zamora

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                              Can understand 10 suggested starters (though I still feel a healthy Krancjar is a real weapon, especially working with Ravel, and that Hoilett is best off the bench in the second half) What is the case for starting BAE? After showing promise earlier this year, he seems at times disinterested, often off target with balls kicked into the box, and appears unwilling to play tough (as opposed to yellow carded cheap tackles) defense.
                              I just feel having Morrison and Niko in the same team against Wigan would be suicide. To be honest, I haven't rated Niko since he's been here, a million miles away from the player at Spurs, Pompey etc, although he did have a decent game at Leicester. Agreed, on his day, he can provide the quality but for me, he'd be on the bench and come on if needed in the home game.

As for BAE, he was so good up until Christmas, I couldn't believe we had him. Looked unbeatable and done everything with ease. We're hardly blessed at left back and with it being huge games, I'd hope Benny would be bang up for it and if he is, no one in the league is better.

Comment

Working...
                              X