Should Washington be dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    "I watched the Sheffield United game on Friday night. They are a good side and we’re looking forward to testing ourselves again. They have got great fans as well, so it will be a really good game.

And then it’s Aston Villa. They just seem to keep coming in the Championship, don’t they? There are great teams all around, but we back ourselves against anyone here. We seem to do better against the better teams. They are probably going to have the ball a little more than us and move the ball quicker and try to break through the lines.

Sides outside the top six give us a different challenge. We seem to struggle a bit against the teams who give us a bit of the ball so we need to work on a formula to get points off those teams. It is impossible to win every game and we cannot stay too much time in sorrow. We have to hit back, step up and show that we want to be really high."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-chasers.html
    I think the last part of that last paragraph is their manager Stan.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      I think the last part of that last paragraph is their manager Stan.
      You're right mate. Fixed the quote now. Thanks for the correction!

Comment

Putting our chances away would be sufficient, no need for formulas.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Putting our chances away would be sufficient, no need for formulas.
          These sort of comments are grating me. Ginge even called it a tap in and anyone could of scored but I thought he was really sharp and did well. Tbh Washington needs to be sold because the fans have decided he is sh it. I wish him all the best and think we will live to regret it but he has to go for himself more than anything
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            These sort of comments are grating me. Ginge even called it a tap in and anyone could of scored but I thought he was really sharp and did well. Tbh Washington needs to be sold because the fans have decided he is sh it. I wish him all the best and think we will live to regret it but he has to go for himself more than anything
            Took his goal very well on Saturday tbf to the lad.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

No way was his goal just a 'tap in'. He took it very well. Firstly it was a good 1st touch to bring it under control from Mass' pass, he then had to ride the challenge from the defender, then lob it over the keeper, then tuck it away from a tight angle with another defender bearing down to cover the centre of the goal. Anyone doubting that just needs to watch the replay, unless they're just too blinded by their own prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                No way was his goal just a 'tap in'. He took it very well. Firstly it was a good 1st touch to bring it under control from Mass' pass, he then had to ride the challenge from the defender, then lob it over the keeper, then tuck it away from a tight angle with another defender bearing down to cover the centre of the goal. Anyone doubting that just needs to watch the replay, unless they're just too blinded by their own prejudice.
                Bang on. Even harder as Mass's pass was coming from a full forced tackle rather than a pinpoint pass.

Comment

How on earth can that be construed as a criticism of his exceptionally well taken goal on Saturday?

Surely you can accept the fact that given the opportunities we have created for ourselves, we should have scored a lot more goals.

Comment

Washington

Couldn't hit his Mrs let alone a goal. Shocking international striker
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• Woeful miss when clean through. Failed to even hit the target. His body language told his story at that moment.

Comment

• Why is this such a difficult decision to make when it’s clear for all to see? Mackie is a great guy who’s never been a scorer and is near the end of his playing days. Washington has almost no goal production 2+ years into it, after being given every chance to show it. Ngbkota is usually outmatched on both sides of the ball. Cousins may be the victim of being played out of position, but for one so highly regarded coming in he’s been a relative bust. And Smith just can’t go the distance versus a 20-25 minute sprint at the end of a game. On the other hand, Chair shows a quickness and touch that could be impactful; Manning with hustle and some shot has been all but benched since we gave him a long term contract; Sylla if developed could become a 15-goal-plus scorer at this level; Shodipo has speed and can score; ditto for Eze. The message here for Ollie: stop playing teacher’s pets and start fielding players who can teach the opposing side a lesson.

Comment

• Washington was just shocking yesterday, When he doesn’t show up he brings nothing at all
                          Under Les Ferdinand:
                          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr View Post
                            Washington was just shocking yesterday, When he doesn’t show up he brings nothing at all
                            Why keep playing when he is getting worse every week. He is a very limited player but is capable on occasion of playing well. Surely the obvious thing is to rest him for 3 or 4 games then maybe introduce him off the bench occasionally. Maybe Ollie hates him and wants to completely destroy him?

Comment

• Conor - impact sub?

Just watching the highlights and.. maybe a few games coming on from the bench would suit him and give him confidence. Too much pressure at the moment and I still think there’s a player there. He’s got energy and skill but seems to lack coolness in front of goal. Game is very different if you’re the fresh legs with 20 minutes left? Suppose that means Smith would have to start with Silla - or maybe Wheeler?

Comment

• hope we bring back and play Eze. Smith, Conor and Mackie are impact subs at best (preferable 2 minutes into extra time)
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X