We have our qpr back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have our qpr back.

Plenty of fight, grit and determination. A lot more enjoyable to watch players that care.

Think we will finish highest of 10th lowest of 18th. We have 3 center midfielders that have quality. Smithies also in goal. Pavel is a good wing back but not on the other 4 players level.

Mackie, Washington , Bidwell , Ned , baptiste. All work their heart out but it's all graft and limited quality.

Said it for a while. Washington isn't up to being a regular scorer in this league and mackie hasn't been for years. Im not moaning though as I'm really happy with where we are compared to the last 2 seasons. We will throw up a entertaining season but will be a mid to lower table team because of our striking quality

Strikers hitting the back of the net could be difference between average season and very good one

Comment

I personally don't think effort has ever really been a problem except in the side that went down under Hughes/redknapp but even then (and nedum said same in an interview), when you're losing loads (as we did in prem) the easy answer is a lack of effort when really we weren't good enough.

Also I never really understand this @our qpr back" stuff. You and others and Ollie seem to think that means "running around a lot". To me, it's playing football on the deck with a maverick in the side.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        To me, it's playing football on the deck with a maverick in the side.
        And a bit of creativity and style.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
          And a bit of creativity and style.
          and a bit rough round the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Strikers hitting the back of the net could be difference between average season and very good one
            And a proper defence who can actually keep a clean sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              I'd say that's probably more important. Our top 2 Scorers so far are strikers, though I'd say they both do have to score more. But a defence that doesn't concede too many sloppy goals like Millwall's second last night is imo more important.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                I'd say that's probably more important. Our top 2 Scorers so far are strikers, though I'd say they both do have to score more. But a defence that doesn't concede too many sloppy goals like Millwall's second last night is imo more important.
                I'd like us to go Smith & Sylla up top and see how it goes Washington works hard but his goalscoring is questionable at best, Mackie is Mackie very limited and can run

Comment

It is funny... I always think having QPR back is a family club with a good atmosphere which buys cheap and accepts our better players will be picked off by bigger clubs. (Anyway).
                  Based on what Ollie had to work with I tip my hat to him(well if I had a hat). Also the club isn't buying cheap it is buying clever ! If we compare to some big spenders in the league we have made some very very good signings.

The one scary piece is, how will we score them goals ! Last night should of been 3 points and lets accept luck was against us. However we need someone banging in goals each week. I am not sure we have a striker who do

es that(not saying the ones we got are not good enough). If we could loan a "Austin" type player I would say we would be top 6 material.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    And honest players we like and can relate to.

Comment

We have a midfield and some width.

I think the defence is actually sortable enough to secure a mid spot come the end of term. I sometimes wonder about the quality of defensive coaching at the club, that might be where Clint could be an asset.

It's as a strike force we're really lacking. Jamie & CW aren't really strikers at all at this level and make no sense as a front two. There is a way you could play both but not without major tactical reconstruction which we don't need.

Comment

And Hill will sign for us today?
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Anyone young or 'cool' enough to have Instagram have a look at Holloways celebration on the club page from last night following our second goal!!

He really loved that!! Brilliant reaction passion literally screaming out of him

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
                            Anyone young or 'cool' enough to have Instagram have a look at Holloways celebration on the club page from last night following our second goal!!

He really loved that!! Brilliant reaction passion literally screaming out of him
                            hahaha cheers for that. https://www.instagram.com/p/BY-wWquBC9P/?hl=en the video

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              I personally don't think effort has ever really been a problem except in the side that went down under Hughes/redknapp but even then (and nedum said same in an interview), when you're losing loads (as we did in prem) the easy answer is a lack of effort when really we weren't good enough.

Also I never really understand this @our qpr back" stuff. You and others and Ollie seem to think that means "running around a lot". To me, it's playing football on the deck with a maverick in the side.
                              Totally agree. Didnt we have "our rangers back" during the playoff campaign under HR? Team was full of young, hungry English players on low(ish) wages

Comment

Working...
                              X