Club Valuation & buy out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Aren't we something like 259 million pounds in debt? Even with the assets we own I imagine our value with the present state of the club is nothing significant due to the debt that would be inherited.
    Not accurate that, I don't think.

That may be the figure that the current regime have pi$$ed up a wall, but they have been good enough to write most of it off or "convert it into equity" as they worded it. Not really sure how that works cos you'd have trouble justifying that the club is worth the amount of money that was converted. What is pretty certain is the club doesn't owe anything significant to anyone. The shareholders have clearly invested way more money into the club than they are ever likely to see back. All this means is they will take a huge hit when they move on and sell the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Not accurate that, I don't think.

That may be the figure that the current regime have pi$$ed up a wall, but they have been good enough to write most of it off or "convert it into equity" as they worded it. Not really sure how that works cos you'd have trouble justifying that the club is worth the amount of money that was converted. What is pretty certain is the club doesn't owe anything significant to anyone. The shareholders have clearly invested way more money into the club than they are ever likely to see back. All this means is they will take a huge hit when they move on and sell the club.
      http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ma...-a7523761.html - I can't pretend that I understand the ins and out of it all but this was published a couple of months back.

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ma...-a7523761.html - I can't pretend that I understand the ins and out of it all but this was published a couple of months back.

Those figures can't be right as the owners capitalised the majority of their debt - ie they converted it into shares - which are not part of any net debt calculation.

Comment

Aren't we something like 259 million pounds in debt?
          No, nothing like it.

We've been told countless times by Lee Hoos at several meetings and forums that the debt has been paid off.

Really don't understand why this question keeps rearing its head.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            No, nothing like it.

We've been told countless times by Lee Hoos at several meetings and forums that the debt has been paid off.

Really don't understand why this question keeps rearing its head.
            That's good to know Stanley. I wasn't actually aware the debt had been written off.

Comment

That's good to know Stanley. I wasn't actually aware the debt had been written off.
              As Mush says above Maids, the debt was converted into equity shares about a year ago.

Comment

As Mush says above Maids, the debt was converted into equity shares about a year ago.
                Newspapers don't really do numbers well do they...

Comment

Happy days...time to get the checque book out again then

Comment

So we're looking at 50m to pick up a loss making business, assuming they'd take that now the party's over.
                    This I suspect is close to the bottom line. They've already written off fortunes. Essentially there's the Mittal stake and the Air Asia stake. Always assuming such a deal could be funded - the biggest if in history - there is the possibility that you could buy out the majority holding only. Then again I'm amazed the Mittal's have stayed in this long.......

Comment

Working...
                    X