Gotta get this off my chest guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta get this off my chest guys!

Les Ferdinand says promotion not realistic yet and effectively ruled it out altogether, quoting fulhams near relegation yet with the players retained ie Austen Sandro Phillips Fer Green I cannot understand why he does not at least point out to QPR fans "we are aiming for the top 6, we are going to give it our best shot, we may fail trying, but we are going for it, if we fail we finish in mid table!". I worked for years running companies and teams with up to 30 -400 people and everybody got excited and worked together to try our very very best to be the number 1 in our field, if we failed we came damn close. How on earth can he demotivate the team and supporters by ruling out all possibility of going up - in nearly 50 years of supporting rangers I have never heard such utter rubbish and ask myself for £500 odd cost of my season ticket should I not buy one and wait until we build a team good enough to compete for top 6, then buy. He wants our support, and money, and asks us to understand consolidation is just about the full ambition of the club. If that is it, why don't we all follow the lead and stop going to "consolidation" seasons and wait until Les says we have a team now that could reach the top 6. This season we are ###xxd before we start.

My other gripe is Michael Harriman whom I have watched grow and develop into a very, very good full back. Wycombe top of their league good goals against record, Harriman scored 3 goals from full back and plays every game. Perch is pretty awful, cost £1m or do, over 30, no attacking part to his game. What are we doing ..........? Harriman should be at least his understudy!

Pissed off with QPR at the moment.....still got my season ticket but they are making it so much harder to go and enjoy the football. We are ALWAYS REBUILDING this bloody club!

Sorry rant over.

Good rant. I make you right. He sounds defeatist and we played like an already defeated team last Friday. This whole new ethos of lowering expectations seems designed to be a counterbalance to the last few years of wildly optimistic predictions from our hapless chairman. But the tone is all wrong. (as is the Tone, for that matter). Also agree with you on Harriman. There's so much more that can be said and has been said. Bottom line is, we have a team that could achieve promotion. Why not go for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
      Les Ferdinand says promotion not realistic yet and effectively ruled it out altogether, quoting fulhams near relegation yet with the players retained ie Austen Sandro Phillips Fer Green I cannot understand why he does not at least point out to QPR fans "we are aiming for the top 6, we are going to give it our best shot, we may fail trying, but we are going for it, if we fail we finish in mid table!". I worked for years running companies and teams with up to 30 -400 people and everybody got excited and worked together to try our very very best to be the number 1 in our field, if we failed we came damn close. How on earth can he demotivate the team and supporters by ruling out all possibility of going up - in nearly 50 years of supporting rangers I have never heard such utter rubbish and ask myself for £500 odd cost of my season ticket should I not buy one and wait until we build a team good enough to compete for top 6, then buy. He wants our support, and money, and asks us to understand consolidation is just about the full ambition of the club. If that is it, why don't we all follow the lead and stop going to "consolidation" seasons and wait until Les says we have a team now that could reach the top 6. This season we are ###xxd before we start.

My other gripe is Michael Harriman whom I have watched grow and develop into a very, very good full back. Wycombe top of their league good goals against record, Harriman scored 3 goals from full back and plays every game. Perch is pretty awful, cost £1m or do, over 30, no attacking part to his game. What are we doing ..........? Harriman should be at least his understudy!

Pissed off with QPR at the moment.....still got my season ticket but they are making it so much harder to go and enjoy the football. We are ALWAYS REBUILDING this bloody club!

Sorry rant over.
      Les is not very inspiring is he.

Comment

I imagine its more to do with managing fans expectation and I dont believe for a second this is the case internally.

If indeed we were wanting to consolidate, the best thing to do over the summer would have been to get £20+mil for Austin and Philips and rebuild.

On deadline day, Phillips and Austin were hashtagging #promotion etc so I believe the players are (or at least were) up for it too.

Comment

Is he telling us we have to pay to see more of Friday nights crap to realistically support QPR for the next season or two ?

Comment

Totally agree with Leadham.
            I also, as a season ticket holder am starting to find it harder to go and enjoy the football.
            Also, is there any reason we can't recall Harriman to play rb, surely he can't be worse than Perch.

Comment

OP is dead right. Pro sportsmen shouldn't get up in the morning to come second. Aspiration. Motivation. If we had sold £20 mil worth of players Sir Les and Sir Alf would only have wasted the money.

Comment

Agree Dog. How can he urge supporters to get behind the team and buy season tickets for still an awful lot of hard earned cash and then maybe maintain one message to the players ie promotion and one for the fans ie consolidation. In my humble experience this is not possible the players and fans message is the same. Our experienced players pre season were genuinely up for it .... The message of promotion as a target becomes very hazy and blurred when you send "mixed" messages! The excitement of all football from the grass roots upwards is to win your competition otherwise - why bother to enter.

Also don't get me started on Rangers cup record in league and fa cups - every manager in recent times has played much weaker teams in both competitions and lost home and away to lower league teams. No disgrace occasionally but EVERY SEASON? Managers then state no point - relieved to be out - focus on the league- no injuries etc. I went for 50 years to all home and many away cup games as QPR consider them if no importance. Therefore I stopped last year and missed the rubbish games then and this season. I will never pay the rapidly diminishing asking place the club wants to watch something the club considers an actual hindrance. Sad but true Why Do QPR Bother entering these competitions??

Another rant over .... I really do love this club but they need to change so many things- true
                Y I never ever believed the soul of QPR could be stolen away from it - I sadly do now.

Comment

Serious question, is it REALLY that bad?

Comment

Chunky and Allan I agree with you both and your reasons every paid professional and actually amateur should never set their sights so low. Try to win every game entertain and try to play to you best! What an awful negative message Les has put out - has he ever been a fan like us? The football is too defensive with one upfront and nobody else scores many apart from Austen.

Comment

Kevin I think it is. Much wrong with QPR but .... It can be fixed! I am optimistic - need to change the exutive management approach to all these things and I expect the Board to do this starting now!

Comment

Don't compete against other London clubs in Derby games .... Sean Derry said that and I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
                          Agree Dog. How can he urge supporters to get behind the team and buy season tickets for still an awful lot of hard earned cash and then maybe maintain one message to the players ie promotion and one for the fans ie consolidation. In my humble experience this is not possible the players and fans message is the same. Our experienced players pre season were genuinely up for it .... The message of promotion as a target becomes very hazy and blurred when you send "mixed" messages! The excitement of all football from the grass roots upwards is to win your competition otherwise - why bother to enter.

Also don't get me started on Rangers cup record in league and fa cups - every manager in recent times has played much weaker teams in both competitions and lost home and away to lower league teams. No disgrace occasionally but EVERY SEASON? Managers then state no point - relieved to be out - focus on the league- no injuries etc. I went for 50 years to all home and many away cup games as QPR consider them if no importance. Therefore I stopped last year and missed the rubbish games then and this season. I will never pay the rapidly diminishing asking place the club wants to watch something the club considers an actual hindrance. Sad but true Why Do QPR Bother entering these competitions??

Another rant over .... I really do love this club but they need to change so many things- true
                          Y I never ever believed the soul of QPR could be stolen away from it - I sadly do now.
                          I really thought a good league cup run would have been achievable this year - best day out I ever had was Wembley 67, yeah, that old - until Bobby's only shot. A cup run builds the momentum we needed. Again, no aspiration.

Comment

Alan started going from Derby fac 5th round in 1970 deflected goal - Derby were awesome at the time under Clough! Beaten by Chelsea next round 2-4 but had a right old go and unlucky in many ways - played our best team as Chelsea did - full house for both games buzzing stadium -green lush pitch and exciting end to end stuff - sigh ......... Where has it all gone wrong for the Rssss?

Comment

We sound like old farts ..... But I do not consider myself as such and really want the best modern approach for Rangers ie new stadium training ground best players and training medical techniques - always loved us to compete and dreamed of another 1975/6 scenario - league champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X