What is your true gut feeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRING-RANGER View Post
    Agree with that , but i goes against my better jugement............. tick....tock
    I know what you mean, mate.

Comment

MH is blaming our poor start on our injuries and some players being at different fitness levels. That doesnt wash with me. All clubs have those problems. We've brought in 12 new players though and are playing with almost an entirely new team, so for that reason I think given the quality of the squad we will come good, Hughes will turn things around and should and I believe will be given the time and support from TF to do so. And if you believe the hype, apparently every club he has managed he has left them in a stronger position than when he arrived. I have to admit though that his tactics, formations and selections have left me scratching my head many a time, but then he knows the squad better than any fan as he spends every day with them on the training field.
      Last edited by Stanley; 02-10-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Hughes has not even had a full season, and with twelve new signings and only a few games in i think its premature to talk about getting rid,
        keep the faith i think someone in the next six games is going to get smashed by us!! My guess everton or southampton. With the talent we have and once the balance is found plus a few players begin to understand one anothers game we will beging to put some confidence and wins together.

Comment

Steve Kean would have already sorted out this sorry lot.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
            No one is going to abuse you Ted! But there is no way in a million years that Harry Redknapp is the answer to our many problems......
            Why not? I remember when he took over at WHL when Spurs were in a very similar position and he managed to turn it around.... I'd love Harry to take over and get this sorry mess sorted.... Won't happen just yet but Hughes will definitely go.... I'd rather it was done much sooner rather than let him muddle along for another 5 or 6 games without much of a points return...

Be interested as to why you don't want Harry and maybe I'd be convinced but just saying you don't want him without offering a reason is slightly mystifying....

Comment

well

well people are voting to keep hughes and to see if he can turn it around so Ive got to respect that
              really
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

My gut feeling is to continue with Hughes for the time being. Boxing Day is the midway point in the season. The next 13 games takes us up to then and from those games, we have Arsenal & Man U (both away) from the "big five" The rest of the games are against mid table / lower teams.
                We have a lot of injured players in defence, which is not anyone's fault and I'm convinced those injures are responsible for some of the points dropped, obviously not all.
                My 2 biggest issues are 1) why did he not go out on a limb to get a proper top class centre half and 2) a proven 20+ goals a season striker.
                I've said on several threads, our defending is woeful.
                Other concerns are playing out of form players at the expense of in form players. How can he play SWP (never scored in the league for us) and not play Hoilett, who has pace, skill and confidence to take on and beat players. He's also not utilising Park properly and can't seem to grasp that teams like Reading and West Ham will out muscle us unless we put more physical presence in the midfield.
                When Granero and Faurlin come up against 3 physical grafters, they are knocked out of their stride and stopped from dictating. The better sides, ironically allow you to play, such as Spurs and Chelsea, which is why we've looked good against them

Comment

If things haven't improved by then and I think deep down they will, then get rid of MH and a new manager will have January to do some juggling.
                  Centre half and goalscorer are the main problems to be addressed. We have decent array of midfielders, fit Boswinga and Fabio are ok at full backs
                  We recently the wonder kid from Portsmouth, Sam Magri, perhaps we should be looking at him, as he is a centre half who captains the England kids team?

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
                    Why not? I remember when he took over at WHL when Spurs were in a very similar position and he managed to turn it around.... I'd love Harry to take over and get this sorry mess sorted.... Won't happen just yet but Hughes will definitely go.... I'd rather it was done much sooner rather than let him muddle along for another 5 or 6 games without much of a points return...

Be interested as to why you don't want Harry and maybe I'd be convinced but just saying you don't want him without offering a reason is slightly mystifying....
                    .Harry is not the answer to our problems because we already have a perfectly good manager in place but after a few poor results some of our more histrionic fans think that we need a 65 year old man who thinks nothing of swapping positions between the most bitter of south coast rivals.......

I actually think Harrys talent is being able to sense which players work well together rather than tactical nous but in order to do that he would happily have to spend a ****load more of someone elses money to possibly sort out this 'sorry mess' which you so dramatically describe...

Not a long term strategy or solution....in my opinion:=):

Comment

My gut feeling is to keep MH, but if he cant see that subbing SWP and Park did not pay dividends,and that playing Adel, Junior and Samba makes us a lot better then I think we are doomed. You don't have to be a seasoned football manager to see that, even a 5 year old can see it
                      22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

I don´t really know what to say anymore... because very often his tactics are poor, the substitutions as well, But I sincerly hope he will turn it around sooner rather than later.AND We clearly need all our injured players back ASAP, The injury
                        on AJ. did really prove to be a disaster in my opinion, hence we have to buy a striker and additionally at least one fullback in the January window I wouldn´t say no to a british grafter in midfield as well. Is it "horses for courses",you english say?
                        Last edited by Shania; 03-10-2012, 05:54 PM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                          .Harry is not the answer to our problems because we already have a perfectly good manager in place but after a few poor results some of our more histrionic fans think that we need a 65 year old man who thinks nothing of swapping positions between the most bitter of south coast rivals.......

I actually think Harrys talent is being able to sense which players work well together rather than tactical nous but in order to do that he would happily have to spend a ****load more of someone elses money to possibly sort out this 'sorry mess' which you so dramatically describe...

Not a long term strategy or solution....in my opinion:=):
                          Well fair dos for offering your reasons however, I have to disagree about having a perfectly good manager in place as, he is showing that he is clearly not up to the job and being bottom of the league with a paltry 2pts from 6 games and out of the LC after leading twice is a sorry mess am afraid... Still we could debate this all night and not agree so we'll have to see what happens huh.... I hope that wasn't too dramatic for you....

Comment

hw has not taken a team down yet. it took a dozen games to get the team playing well last time he brought in a load of players. If we are still ****e at the beginning of december it may be timwe to change and get the new man to make a few signings but i reckon he will be ok

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
                              Well fair dos for offering your reasons however, I have to disagree about having a perfectly good manager in place as, he is showing that he is clearly not up to the job and being bottom of the league with a paltry 2pts from 6 games and out of the LC after leading twice is a sorry mess am afraid... Still we could debate this all night and not agree so we'll have to see what happens huh.... I hope that wasn't too dramatic for you....
                              Fair enough.....but I hope for the sake of our club that I'm right..

Comment

My gut feeling was to sack him as soon as the final whistle went at Maine Road at the end of last season.

He has done nothing whatsoever in his business dealings, tactics or selection to make me change that view. Even if the players gel the tactics will be predictable and unimaginative. His sides play poor football and always have. I'm genuinely amazed that so many people here seem to rate him.

Then there is the problem of his interfering agent. Step forward Mr.Joorabchian, the real power in our transfer dealings (Julio Cesar for a start). We know what happens when the club is at the mercy of third party business interests. We've been here before. Joora is far smarter in terms of football business than Tony or Amit, he's well fly, intelligent, highly experienced and unfortunately he keepes Sparky in his back pocket. He sold Hughes to the TF, and its odds on getting rid will cost us big time as a result.

But it has to be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X