No announcement yet.

This site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome doesn't seem to work so well on Windows - it works well on Mac OS though and strangely Firefox seems to work well on Windows, but not so well on OSX. I'm amazed anyone is still using IE!

This site is quick to load for me, not had any probs for ages. But yes, it's really quiet!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Chrome doesn't seem to work so well on Windows - it works well on Mac OS though and strangely Firefox seems to work well on Windows, but not so well on OSX. I'm amazed anyone is still using IE!

This site is quick to load for me, not had any probs for ages. But yes, it's really quiet!
      No coincidence that it's coincided with the recent good form. Just wait until we lose a game mate. They'll be back in their droves! Experience has taught us this

Comment

Doing well and playing well is boring, roll on the dross ball and defeats
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

disable java script in yer browser, no ads, no nonsense, faster loading.

Comment

mine has been so slow that i've given up a few times , thought it was my laptop

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              mine has been so slow that i've given up a few times , thought it was my laptop
              Need more details than that, it's mainly on mobiles right?

I'm looking at upgrading our forum to one that will suit mobile and tablets better, I'm hoping the issues will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                Need more details than that, it's mainly on mobiles right?

I'm looking at upgrading our forum to one that will suit mobile and tablets better, I'm hoping the issues will go away.
                I run two old computers one has Windows 7 with Mozilla the other Windows XP wih Mozilla. With both systems I get a warning that a web page is slowing down my browser I have to stop the script before I can proceed. This is the only site on the internet I get this warning' Hope this helps solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  disable java script in yer browser, no ads, no nonsense, faster loading.
                  Did you get a message about saying "No ad's" last time I mentioned such a topic I was told not to bring that up! Whilst the maintainers/owners of this site will want to the ad revenue, it's quite likely they don't review the ad's they serve and some can be very chaotic towards performance of a website... westlondonsport for example was giving everybody malware who visited their site on their mobile.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

15th in the League. Season over. Nothing to win or lose and I think most posters are fed up with our current Sunday school boy team.

Comment

Get a separate device for the pörn fellas

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                        Did you get a message about saying "No ad's" last time I mentioned such a topic I was told not to bring that up! Whilst the maintainers/owners of this site will want to the ad revenue, it's quite likely they don't review the ad's they serve and some can be very chaotic towards performance of a website... westlondonsport for example was giving everybody malware who visited their site on their mobile.
                        Nope, I never had any messages...... Very few administrators monitor ads and clickbait that appear on their sites because it would be incredibly time consuming, you use at your own risk. But the % of people who actually think about their online behaviour and the way it can be compromised is minute. Its like a jungle out there, it makes me wonder.....

I sometimes use Tor for browsing but even then there are basics that people overlook. There was a thread on this, Stan made some good points, if anyone has a linky I for one would like to read it again. I also use OSX which for some reason over the years along with its long lost predecessor 9 has been remarkably clean. However Safari can't always run Java scripts cleanly, which is another good reason to turn it off, in fact in recent weeks nowt was loading on here with Java enabled. Better atm though.

Comment

Nope, I never had any messages...... Very few administrators monitor ads and clickbait that appear on their sites because it would be incredibly time consuming, you use at your own risk. But the % of people who actually think about their online behaviour and the way it can be compromised is minute. Its like a jungle out there, it makes me wonder.....

I sometimes use Tor for browsing but even then there are basics that people overlook. There was a thread on this, Stan made some good points, if anyone has a linky I for one would like to read it again. I also use OSX which for some reason over the years along with its long lost predecessor 9 has been remarkably clean. However Safari can't always run Java scripts cleanly, which is another good reason to turn it off, in fact in recent weeks nowt was loading on here with Java enabled. Better atm though.
                          Can't find the thread now but the info is all here: http://www.gendo.ch/en/content/secure-comms

Comment

ublock origin and a vpn(i use nordvpn) and that should be suffice for safety when browsing.
                            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                            Lovejoy: "No?!"
                            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                            X