Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsey voices concerns over his future

Dated today, penned by surnameless Michelle:
    http://www.setanta.com/ie/ramsey-voi...r-his-future/?

Now I do find his concern legitimate due to our team underperforming right now, and I do feel sorry for Ramsey himself as he is certainly a positive and aspiring manager and deserves another chance at another club, but is it absolutely necessary for our staff to play the race card on what seems like every (in)opportune occasion nowadays?
    "As a black man I think it’s going to be difficult anyway."
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

It's far too easy to blame being black IMO... Yes, there probably is some racists high up in football clubs that would not like to employ a black manager for no other reason apart from them being black but to go as far by saying, i may not get another job in football, is just ridiculous... A lot of it is experience for me. Black coaches can moan that it is because they are black but for me its a lack of experience as to why they dont get many jobs.

There's not many clubs out there anymore who are willing to take punts on un-experienced managers, no matter what colour your skin is!.

Comment

The truth is that people will say he's another black manager that failed, it's not fair as he stood no chance with this squad of players. People on here even said the special one stood no chance, so how is CR supposed too?

I think he does deserve another chance with his own players, this is only my own opinion as I believe in giving everyone a chance.

Comment

He'll get a job coaching, which is what he was doing anyway so what's the big deal about getting another managerial job ?!

Comment

Kinda contradictory article really:

Ramsey’s future will be decided at the end of the season and while he believes every out-of-work manager faces difficulties, he is worried his race could make it even harder for him to get a job if he is sacked.

“I think if it doesn’t work out for me here; as any manager of any race I think you’re in a position where it will be difficult to get another job,” he said.

Something out of nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
            Kinda contradictory article really
            Yes, doubt it will be vying for the Pulitzer prize,
            but still: the contradictory bits are Ramsey's quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
              "As a black man I think it’s going to be difficult anyway."
              Yawn. Replace 'black man' with 's hit manager who hasn't a clue and who has lost seven out of eight game four of them at home'......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Yawn. Replace 'black man' with 's hit manager who hasn't a clue and who has lost seven out of eight game four of them at home'......
                Yeah but it wouldn't have the same knee-jerk-sympathy-reaction-baiting ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  Yeah but it wouldn't have the same knee-jerk-sympathy-reaction-baiting ring to it.
                  Too right. And it'd be someone else's fault not his.

Comment

What a load of rubbish. The only single one reason he'll struggle getting a job is simply because he is a $hit manager!!!

Great bloke, got the right ideas bringing youth in, even got the right 'ideas' of how he wants the team to play (using the wings and in general attacking) but put it into practice he dosent have a scooby. And when the pressure's on in game time its almost painful to see the sheer panic in his eyes.... Lovely bloke but stick to being a coach imho or get some managerial practice in the lower leagues!
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Terry Connor springs to mind once again........................

Comment

It´s an interesting question he raises, theorectically.In the year of 2015 how many coloured coaches or managers around are there really? Not many? For me this begs the question; do they get the same respect as white ones when their teams get in trouble?

Another thing I have noticed in fotball and in media in general is this "bruv" thing. It could be that I am about to discuss a more anthropological issue here, but to me this phenomenon marks a "us or them" attitude in a squad. IMO, this surely has to affect a managers chance to controll his team.
                        Last edited by Shania; 02-04-2015, 05:48 PM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          The truth is that people will say he's another black manager that failed, it's not fair as he stood no chance with this squad of players. People on here even said the special one stood no chance, so how is CR supposed too?

I think he does deserve another chance with his own players, this is only my own opinion as I believe in giving everyone a chance.
                          This is a good post in my opinion. He would have done much better with his own players, I guess. Too many of the players in his Squad has lost too many matches, not only for this club that is.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

He's not a manager anyway so no biggie.

Comment

To be honest I doubt he has said this at all. What he says doesn´t really add up.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X