Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Goss

Anyone know what is happening with him?

Probably still needs time to be ready for first team football given that he's still young and missed a lot of youth team football through injury.

Having said that, I did think he'd be involved last night.

Comment

I was thinking exactly the same when I saw the team sheet last night. I'm afraid that I think we've signed a lemon there.

Comment

Wasn't he carrying a knock? Thought I read it could be wrong

Comment

i rate him a fair bit, utd seemed to rate him very highly. his problem is his physique and lack of experience but theres a player in there imo, hes got brilliant passing ability though.
          might do him a world of good to go out on loan until jan? weve got a lot of central midfielders in the squad plus academy players who can cover. i dunno if goss can get much game time and development with us atm as theres too many people ahead of him

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            Wasn't he carrying a knock? Thought I read it could be wrong
            Well he's got a chronic back injury I think mate. It's the reason he never managed to break through at Man Utd.

Comment

Probably get involved in the next round of the cup ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Probably get involved in the next round of the cup ?
                Next round of the cup???? Not something I'm used to seeing mentioned on this site!!! 😀😀

Comment

Goss is quality so hope we don't miss out on not playing and lose him....

Comment

Originally posted by coneysboots View Post
                    Next round of the cup???? Not something I'm used to seeing mentioned on this site!!! ����
                    I know...had to lie down for an hour after writing that....went all giddy!

Comment

Dont we always win the first round of this muggy cup?
                      Its the next round proper you can bet your nans hpuse on us losing.

Comment

Needs toughening up - loan to a League 1 club I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                          Goss is quality so hope we don't miss out on not playing and lose him....
                          I agree, very promising young player. Not playing is doing him no favours though, I'd send him on loan to a League 1 club til January and see how he does.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

What does the future hold for Sean Goss? The 22-year-old has been limited to just six first team appearances for the Hoops, despite being brought in as an addition for the first team: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...ormer-13740290

Comment

Curious one isn't it? Maybe he was never Ollie's pick in the first place?

Whilst I haven't seen that much of him in action, from what I have seen, I do wonder if he suits our current midfield arrangement. He isn't tough like Scowen, and he isn't dynamic and all action like Freeman and Luongo have been so far this season. He doesn't get around the park as much as any of those 3 and prefers to sit deep and spray the ball around. Perhaps it would take a fairly substantial shift in the teams philosophy to accommodate a player like Goss.

We were told he could play left back too when he signed. I'd really doubt he's quick and mobile enough for wing back though, which rules that out too with our current system.

If we ain't going to play him, then we should definitely send him out on loan in January. Looking at his limited forst team record, I don't think there is any doubt that he needs game time!
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 10-10-2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X